Stop Buying Support Packs to Speed Release

Of course it's still not released.

They just finished act 3.

You obviously do not know how long a game takes to make and you obviously don't know GGG. They are extremely passionate about this game and are always participating with the community for feedback. They go on livestreams, answer questions and most of all, they do work.

There are still bugs, still revisions and the game STILL needs improvement as of right now.

And you want it to release early?

There is only one reason why there's support packs. Because WE asked them for a way that we could donate.

And guess what? Path of Exile is 100% F-R-E-E.

If you don't want to wait for open beta, if you don't want to pay $10 dollars, which is cheaper than toilet paper, then be silent.

Last edited by TheHavik on Aug 20, 2012, 1:59:48 PM
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Folks, the OP has the right to express whatever opinions/perceptions he wishes, however flawed they may be.

What is expected is for forum members to remain respectful enough not to make personal attacks, or to urge others to perform physically impossible acts of a rather offensive and personal nature upon themselves (let alone make threats of violence).

Keep it civil, everyone, or this thread will be locked. ='[.]'=

Flawed? Please refute my statements and the associated economics.

Otherwise, you do GGG a marketing dis-service with your opinion.

Okay. First, let's separate opinion from facts in evidence.

In my opinion, you really dun believe the nonsense you're spouting. In my opinion, you're just a troll, assuming a posture of smug, intellectual superiority, in order to tick off PoE fans whom you know support and defend this game quite passionately. I can't prove any of my perceptions of you, any more than you can prove your assertions about GGG.

Now for some facts:

When PoE went into Closed Beta last year, people playing loved the game so much that they offered, even begged GGG to accept voluntary donations, to help support the project.

GGG declined to accept, steadfastly and consistently.

When the first Public Stress test Weekend took place last spring, there was SO much demand from players who had had a taste, wanting to keep playing, to PAY GGG for Beta access, that GGG finally relented. However, it was not a "pay to play" arrangement.

Instead, GGG kept things ethical, and also practical. In order to satisfy the demands of all those new fans, they set up the PoE Supporter program. For a minimum of $10US, you could buy Cash-Shop credits for the new microtransaction system GGG was working on testing. The amount of credits exactly matches your contribution, and is what you pay for. As a token (and, because you couldn't exactly test the Cash Shop if you weren't playing), GGG also threw in a Beta key.

So, those who preferred not to wait for Open Beta could get access for a token amount which they voluntarily paid (while those who choose not to pay can still waiit for the free Open Beta); GGG got to test out the first two microtransactions (extra character and stash tabs) in the Cash Shop; and some new revenue started to flow for GGG, which helps keep things going, and mebbe changes the Devs' diet from Ramen to something containing a little protein.

On a personal note: I was already in the Beta when the Supporter Packs were enabled. I bought a Silver pack (upgraded today to Gold), not to get into the game, not even for the Kiwi, but because I believe in this company, and wanted to help support them and their efforts. And I wasn't the only one. Many Supporters did just as I did.

Because free to play isn't free to make.

As for the current delays, I am an Alpha tester. I was involved in testing the 0.9.11 patch, pre-release. It took a month longer than anticipated to release (thus delaying OB by that much more) not because we were all wasting time having private tournaments or dissing TOG, but because unanticipated complications arose, as well as the opportunity to include some additional, unplanned-for elements into the patch, which made it a more interesting product.

GGG has not been shy about sharing their release plans. There are TWO more patches scheduled before OB, plus a final polish of the Act 3 content which will mark the changeover from Closed to Open Beta. When PoE is released simply depends on how long those two patches and the Act 3 polish take. But as hard as the Dev team is working to get past these remaining hurdles, it is only a matter of a relatively short time before that work is complete.

So, unless you have any hard facts to prove your opinions, I'd say you really ought to be patient, and stop raising false negative impressions of GGG.

And, folks: Do stop feeding the trolls! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
BaldurGate wrote:
....Some of us is really old and may not live enough to see game release :-)

that's sweet thing i have ever read on this beta forum
Sounds like someone is just a little mad they haven't gotten a free key yet..
>>><><<<
They see me trollin, dey hatin. Just trying to catch me trollin dirty.

But seriously, don't feed trolls guys.
zzzzzz
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
Over a year of beta
False. The closed beta has been running for less than a year.

was 1 year ago : alpha? because alpha =/= beta :3
The game must cost something $$$$, and its a privilegy that developers of POE sharing beta for common public free.

"
ZsaszIX wrote:
$1,000,000 (revenue after CC fees) divided by 18 staff = $55,555 per employee (not considering hardware purchase costs).

Wow, that's huge! Considering they have been developping the game for (at least) 5 years, that's 11,111$ per employee per year of development!

Not considering hardware purchase costs.

Not. Considering. Hardware. Purchase. Costs.
I mean, hardware purchase costs must be really low for servers to allow 55,000 players (last stress test weekend amount of players).

No, really, try to think before you post.
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
Over a year of beta, one million dollars in revenue and still not released?

The support packs DO NOT speed game completion. They delay it.

The support packs are an excuse (intentional or otherwise)to keep the beta extended as long as possible and using the excuse of "polishing the game".

$1,000,000 (revenue after CC fees) divided by 18 staff = $55,555 per employee (not considering hardware purchase costs).

Starve GGG for money and see how fast the game gets released and the micro transaction system is accessible.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions

The ARPG model is not new and their graphics engine isn't groundbreaking. There is no reason for over a year in beta unless GGG likes the support pack revenue model, is incompetent or both.

epic face palm... please this is not us.battlenet.. don´t put dirty here...
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info