Chris hasn't taken a dime of pay until very recently.

"
Charan wrote:
"
TheKnigget wrote:
3rd diamond?
I don't want to sound negative or anything but $2000?!?!?
1 diamond is ok but buying it three times over? Are you human?

Meanwhile, job interview tomorrow! If I get through first paycheck will go straight to Chris =D. Well part of it...

3rd diamond would be $3000 actually.

whoops silly mistake by a mathematician =D
Teachers never taught me numbers higher than 2000
That's okay, once it's past 2000 we can just say 'lots'. :)
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Honestly, how on earth are people affording 3K? God Bless you, if I had 3K I'd be certainly giving it to them
"
sloopadoodle wrote:
the pre-purchase page says this, "If you buy multiple packs, they don’t stack to entitle you to a higher tier. You get the contents of each of the packs you purchased." so are you sure about upgrading packs? if thats the case i will b a bronze this weekend.

Hi there buddy,
Just click on the "my account" link and there you have a button "Upgrade". You will be able to upgrade your support pack by paying the difference - for example from basic (10 USD) to bronze (50 USD) you will pay 40 USD and get 2 additional keys, etc.

Have fun
Nick
ign:Qvaza
"
rflynn74 wrote:
Honestly, how on earth are people affording 3K? God Bless you, if I had 3K I'd be certainly giving it to them

trust me i get paid jack all for the work i do, i can however save a hundred here and there without a issue. its was defiantly over a long time saving :).

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Last edited by XvXReaperXvX on Aug 16, 2012, 6:11:19 PM
"
rflynn74 wrote:

I love coming up with various BS answers to the many variations on this sort of question people throw at me.

The truth is much simpler: right time, right place, and a game that deserves our support because it deserves to exist.

Oh, and I don't like cocaine, so I'm saving a bit of money on that front.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
You know, last time I checked, there was something like 60 diamond packs purchased. Let's say that's up to 70 now. That's still 70k USD. That's only 7% of that 1 million dollar revenue. If the other 6 packs are generating an equal amount of total revenue as each other, then each of those packs are generating more than twice as much revenue as the diamond pack (93%/6 packs = 15.5% per pack).

So, a large majority of the revenue comes from the gold, silver, bronze, kiwi, supporter and early access packs.

So, the best thing we can do is two fold:

1) Reach out to more people. I'm glad to see so many people take time out of their day to post about PoE on forums and blogs (I heard about PoE from a gaming blog, called Top Tier Tactics). I'm really happy to see famous streamers, such as Kripparrian, streaming about PoE. You know, if Krip gets 100 people to just join, that's equivalent to a diamond, right there. If any of those 100 upgrade at all, Krip earned GGG more money than I have. So, thank you to anyone who puts out awareness.

2) Make the community a positive place. The more people want to be part of this community, the more they will bring in more people, and the more they will upgrade. Whenever I'm online, I'm always helping people out, giving advice, or answering questions. The more people get answers, instead of blacklash, for their newbie questions, the more likely they are to stay (and become veterans) and maybe upgrade. I'm always giving away free stuff, too. I was partying with someone who uses 2-handed maces. He sounded like a cool guy, so I gave him my Voll's Baptism. Maybe he'll pay it forward. Maybe he'll think "gee, the community here is pretty nice. I should hang out here more often, after a hard day's work." I think, if we foster a community of generosity and positivity, it will result in greater revenue for GGG, as more people upgrade their accounts, and later on, stick around and buy more GGGold.

cheers. :)
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Last edited by ac429 on Aug 16, 2012, 8:05:56 PM
It was pretty obvious he didnt get "paid" from this until recently. If you run and own the company and pay people and finance the game, you dont get paid until your sales warrent it.
"
Charan wrote:
It is known!
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info