Diablo-esque games list....

I intend to post links to reviews/previes so on and so forth. I'm just making sure I got everything nailed down.
"
eversorgod wrote:
"
DoDoBird wrote:
Yeah but he may have been talking about the console bg which I hear is more like an ARPG dungeon crawler

Its worth buying a ps2 just for the 2 baldurs gate games put it that way ;-)

Great hack and slash arpg with good classes levels and mobs, 2nd 1 was good for item customization with gems

About the list, theres a few games there which i wouldnt class as ARPG at all starting with BOI

Everything that was said about the PS2, I cannot agree enough. If you're looking for a hack and slash action RPG to take some time, the BG: Dark Alliance games and the Champions of Norrath games are a very good idea.

And I personally agree with BOI, the game literally plays it self, but it's known as a "diablo 2 clone" in most circles so I figured to add it.
Yes, i also think that there are some games that aren't in my definition of ARPGs... Especially all the online ones except of mythos!
For the sake of some people coming along and pointing out holes, I figured it's best to include anything with the ARPG label.

for my money, I'd say there is no MMO ARPG, but of course everyone has their own opinion.
"
Zidjian wrote:
I've honestly tried using psx emulators and never had much luck. I am not very good with them. I could never get how to unpack the roms.

A few years back I put custom firmware on a Sony PSP and put Diablo 1 on it with psx emulator. It was kinda cool, those old playstation games play on PSP with no lag at all.

But regarding unpacking the roms, most should simply be just an .ISO file (CD-ROM image) that just needs WinRAR (free program) to extract them.
"
A few years back I put custom firmware on a Sony PSP and put Diablo 1 on it with psx emulator. It was kinda cool, those old playstation games play on PSP with no lag at all.

But regarding unpacking the roms, most should simply be just an .ISO file (CD-ROM image) that just needs WinRAR (free program) to extract them.

Ya i used winrar,but i can never get it to play. I download the PSX and then the iso. Unpack with winrar into the bios then nothing. Know any good tutorials out there for it or sites?
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Zidjian wrote:
"

Ya i used winrar,but i can never get it to play. I download the PSX and then the iso. Unpack with winrar into the bios then nothing. Know any good tutorials out there for it or sites?

No not really, but if you would like to tell me the program you are wanting to use (I know that ePSXe works) and want to email me the rom, I can figure it out and do my best to explain it to you.

As far as emulators and roms go, by far the best website I've ever found is www.vimm.net

You should remove Magicka since it really has no relation other than the isometric view. No leveling, no real loot drops to speak of, etc.
heh, i recognize about half of these.

cheers

<3 GGG.

Alright, made some adjustments. I'm working on compiling a list for consoles and phones. I can't believe how many ARPG's are on the Iphone/Droid etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info