Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

Interesting that the node is 4% physical damage, I want to say there is no other node that is a bonus to general physical like that, EK buff! :p

As for the evasion/acc changes, they're welcome. Although I wish I got to know the buff numbers to each in order to more easily tell if I can spec out of RT, guess we'll mostly have to rely on the tooltip chances to tell us post buff.

edit: still want to see that falcon node!
Last edited by habbey on Jul 12, 2013, 2:42:27 AM
So first of all, very good update. Second of all, I'm a bit upset, as i see it now, the only two classes that don't get defense and life in the same nodes are the marauder and the duelist? (remember, energy shield counts as life). Where is our armor/hp nodes?
IGN EnderInExile
Last edited by EnderInExile on Jul 12, 2013, 2:43:51 AM
Interesting. Having all that dex now might have a purpose. I wonder what chance to evade will be achievable now. This coupled with the change to rhoa/soldier/ribbon charge now not hard countering evasion seems like steps in the right direction.

Lioneye's though will still remain easier to get than a rare that is even comparable to it. At least 5% more chance to hit even with perfect accuracy without any passives dedicated to it.
Last edited by vankeris on Jul 12, 2013, 2:54:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
SavageMinnow wrote:
I don't think this actually does anything about the fact that evasion-based characters get 1shot by enemies with high damage if they land a hit.

This is why we have evasion help mitigate crits. At the end of the day though, the mechanic is designed to be a boolean defense like that. It's certainly something we could change in the future (glancing blows?) but not yet. Please try out the new changes and let us know what you think.

Ofc. Been trying to get an archer build I liked without aping someone else' for a while now.

"
samirmok wrote:
High level evasion characters shall still need a High Life (or ES) Pool, the same ways as High level armor characters also need it.

Right, the problem is that you can still get 1shot even with that high life. I'm still trying to work with out without dumping my damage into the gutter.
Yup.
Last edited by SavageMinnow on Jul 12, 2013, 2:46:32 AM
Is there any way to see our chance to hit on a specific monster? Or do we just have the estimate on the character sheet?
IRON MAN
Is that a life/Evasion hybrid circle? Mmm, tasty :P
"
Dreggon wrote:
Is there any way to see our chance to hit on a specific monster? Or do we just have the estimate on the character sheet?

1 - @"monstername" Hi
2 - @"monstername" Hit Chance, please?
3 - ?????
4 - Profit.
In Game: ElaineBelloc
I hope the 15% attack speed node and the weapon elemental damage near IR do not step into the ranger tree, resulting in them subsequently being moved further away than they are now thanks to the patch, since they are the closest nodes I get to the ranger starting point :P
Last edited by Cookieee on Jul 12, 2013, 3:08:41 AM
depending on how Ranger turns out, I think remaining started areas should be looked at again and reconsidered. Duelist is one of the few classes that doesn't need to venture outside its area to be successful.
I guess the main problem with evasion still remains. In high level maps u get one shotted by bosses/mobs or whatever, it doesnt matter if you now have 80%+ chance to evade attacks or not...... so you still go IR for not getting suprised by a huge hit out of nowhere.

I will tryout a evasion build ofc but im sceptical
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info