Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

It good they found a way to buff thicket bows without nerfing Lionseye if it works as intended. This is just another reason I play PoE, the developers know their game inside and out and can also theorycraft.

"
Buffing Evasion is all well and good, but if both Evasion and Armor don't work vs. crits, there's a problem here. Armor is more or less ignored on Crits, and Evasion has 2 chances to avoid it, but can still get 1-shot. At least Armor isn't *sure* to get you killed eventually.

I believe crits are meant to be a hard check against your HP or your ES, not necesarily the way in which you mitigate incoming damage. The more health or ES (if CI) you have, the lesser the crits effect your health pool.

Once again, this is my understanding, not by any means 100%. So if I'm incorrect, then someone please correct me.
Fuck this game
Last edited by Torquebow on Jul 13, 2013, 4:08:07 PM
"
Chypre wrote:
I like seeing mixed defense/damage nodes... The whole tree should be redone with these.

+100000000
They don't need to nerf IR, just make evasion more viable with new patches that are coming.

PS Will those of us who invested in this part of the ranger tree get a respec? Personally I took that hp cluster
Last edited by luj1 on Jul 13, 2013, 4:51:35 PM
What about a solution for fps drops?
And I thought my lv 70 Ranger was a lost cause...

Super nice revamps, Chris!
Not sure if i missed this in a post some were or not but are we all getting a full respec or just rangers/ people that when into the ranger tree?
Have we considered reducing the spike dmg from PoE?

eg, after being hit for 3000 dmg, ur life goes down by 3000 over say 1 second, during which you can counter with lifeleech, LoH, life regen, etc
The basic reason why pure evasion builds suck in this game is the flat-table "one-kind-fits-all" PST.
It simply forces the same game mechanics on every char build, but with dex/evasion chars for instance the crit damage should roll against their evasion rating not against their health pool.
This would require different class mechanics for melee, ranger and spellcaster builds, but isn't likely going to happen ever.
So, once again a stupid and half-assed game design decision by GGG.

Evasion nodes should give 1-2 % HP. Ranger and shadow should have access to low lvl HP regen to better counter chaos damage map mod when not CI.
If you want to make rangers better just move them closer to the flippen CI node.
Ign - Nef_Reave

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info