Monster Accuracy and Evasion changes in 0.11.2

"
The basic reason why pure evasion builds suck in this game is the flat-table "one-kind-fits-all" PST.
It simply forces the same game mechanics on every char build, but with dex/evasion chars for instance the crit damage should roll against their evasion rating not against their health pool.
This would require different class mechanics for melee, ranger and spellcaster builds, but isn't likely going to happen ever.
So, once again a stupid and half-assed game design decision by GGG.

it sorta does evasion roles twice 1 time to check whether you get hit and once to see if you get critted so high evasion helps against critting monster but yes you still have the high spikes of damage. especially with physical damage mobs
GGG i was just thinking why not treat every creep the same as exiles? they have a certain amount of dex and at certain levels they have certain amounts of str/dex/int hp/mana so your always up against creeps that have similar health pools and evasion mechanics

instead of this flat evasion and acuracy boosts that they get now.
"
suxsuxsux wrote:
I'm no build technician, but my evasion armoured bow ranger has been doing fine in the cruel levels (bosses and all) till I reached the market place level and the monkey things with puncture damage.
One hit that got past my evasion and all I could do was watch my 1100 health points disappear
If I was a HC player or I had not just leveled the 20 deaths :) would have bothered me.

I though I had read that in past patches, puncture had been reduced and mega heath builds where not as critical.

Can someone explain to a novice if the coming ranger changes will help me in this instance or is my only counter to pile on more health.

Meh. Right now Your only chance for a real character is to not play a lifebased Ranger.
Because they need exceptional gear, or they are just not very durable.

Get to merciless Lunaris and Piety. 20 deaths is NOTHING, You will see!
"
leighferon wrote:

added mechanics:

1. more chance to not receive a critical strike(exact wording)(based off luck roll and small percentage more chance to evade the crit). this way its not damage mitigation. it is rolling dice which is what evasion is.

I have another idea: Why don't we give Evasion a percentage reduction on damage, but ONLY on Crits? A calculation of the characters ER and the mobs crit multiplier. That way the more ER the less hard is a crit hit.
Imho that would solve all problems. You would still get hit. You would still get hit hard occasionally. And you would not create something everyone else would want for facerolling, because a little ER will not help that much.

The problem right now is: ER isn't good enough, so you need armor or ES or HP, too. But then you can scrap ER in the first place.

good news now i can take my acc gem off
bad news now my acc gem is worth nothing
good news i can sell it
bad news nobody will want it
douh
IGN: kjksdajk
"
Muzax wrote:
What about a solution for fps drops?

this
more defence for ranged. it will work perfect with iron reflexes, one of the most overpowerd nodes.
Last edited by wusselwu on Jul 14, 2013, 6:14:00 PM
hi,

is a skilltree reset also included?
- Best Signature Ever -
Dude, holy shit, thank you. I havnt played for a coupla weeks and you just gave me a great reason to bust out my armor/evasion/shield guy again. I look forward to seeing how this plays out in game. You fuckers own. (And not just because you made one of my builds better, you guys just own in general)
HAIL SATAN!
What if Ondar's Guile was changed from "Doubles chance to evade Projectile Attacks" to "Doubles chance to evade Critical Strikes"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info