Death's Oath CI

Since you have no AoE nodes you should consider going for Lightning Strike instead (and replace melee splash with WED or Multistrike or both).

It can work with non-crit builds if you get static blows, and you end up with even more physical damage after shock stacks.

Also, 30% shield defense nodes are always better than 6% ES nodes with this type of build (since most of your ES comes from shield).

This is how I'd do things with your marauder.

The build gets 36% block chance and unwavering stance, so with the amazing 35% block shield you posted it's 71%, which is exactly 75% with tempest shield. The build also gets unwavering stance so you can use Stone of Lazhwar, so together with Rainbowstride and the 12% node you'll be at over 55% spellblock as well which is insane. You're also very close to endurance charges if you want to go for even more tankiness.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Since you have no AoE nodes you should consider going for Lightning Strike instead (and replace melee splash with WED or Multistrike or both).

It can work with non-crit builds if you get static blows, and you end up with even more physical damage after shock stacks.

Also, 30% shield defense nodes are always better than 6% ES nodes with this type of build (since most of your ES comes from shield).

This is how I'd do things with your marauder.

The build gets 36% block chance and unwavering stance, so with the amazing 35% block shield you posted it's 71%, which is exactly 75% with tempest shield. The build also gets unwavering stance so you can use Stone of Lazhwar, so together with Rainbowstride and the 12% node you'll be at over 55% spellblock as well which is insane. You're also very close to endurance charges if you want to go for even more tankiness.

Yeah I did consider the lightning strike route at first, but imo it kinda goes against the Death's oath style since you will want to be on top of the mobs, not killing them from range with lightning strike. I tried it, unhappy about it :D
Allthough Soul taker is known to be a beast with lightning strike because of the high mana cost on a 5L/6L fully leveled lightning strike.

I really like the aura mana reservation nodes. 20% total can make you run 1 or 2 extra 40% auras. It goes really well with soul taker where you can reserve your entire mana pool.
I would probably only take the 2 at the bottom and then pick 3 armour nodes instead of using determination - it makes more sense. Also armour is a non-issue with that chest + shield of mine.

Damn it - seems I should play that templar instead :p
You want to lvl a new with me? ;-)

I can just link you my gear and you will see actually I get alot of ES from other sources aswell.

With discipline I have 6900 ES atm. where it should be at.
I changed the shield because I needed resists.

Last edited by Harmster on Aug 4, 2013, 2:44:22 PM
Damn that's some nice gear, but I'm pretty sure 30% defence shield nodes will still benefit you more than 6% ES nodes.

Let's see:

Total ES from gear+Discipline = 1614

Total ES from shield alone = 567

1614*0.06 = 96.84
567*0.3 = 170

You get some extra armour too!

I still think you should go for lightning strike though, especially since shock stacks increase the chaos damage from death's oath.

You should also really consider going for the 75% block and 55% spellblock(57% with max rainbowstride) route I suggested, it's a huge EHP boost.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 4, 2013, 2:58:46 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:

I still think you should go for lightning strike though, especially since shock stacks increase the chaos damage from death's oath.

that is something I didnt consider. But you are right, lets say 3 shock stacks that is 120% damage increase right?
So 450*2.2 and then it does 990 per sec instead. Nice thinking there.
"
Novalisk wrote:

1614*0.06 = 96.84
567*0.3 = 170

Yeah I see where you are going with this. 1000 ES for 10 nodes is kinda poor, but you think respeccing those nodes into block would give me a better EHP?

Btw its actually balls with my Marauder. He used to be a freeze pulser, but I used the free respec and now I'm stuck with +40 HP and +1 power charge bandit rewards xD
I really hope they make the bandit "respec" soon. It sucks being stuck with that shit :D

Last edited by Harmster on Aug 4, 2013, 3:27:50 PM
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

1614*0.06 = 96.84
567*0.3 = 170

Yeah I see where you are going with this. 1000 ES for 10 nodes is kinda poor, but you think respeccing those nodes into block would give me a better EHP?

Btw its actually balls with my Marauder. He used to be a freeze pulser, but I used the free respec and now I'm stuck with +40 HP and +1 power charge bandit rewards xD

It'll most definitely get you better EHP. Even a 2% block node is better than a 6% ES node I reckon. If you have 50% shield block, and add 2%, it's a 4% EHP increase against attacks. While if you have 250% increased ES, and add 6%, it's barely a 2% EHP increase.

And yeah Respecs suck, idk what I'd do.
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

1614*0.06 = 96.84
567*0.3 = 170

It'll most definitely get you better EHP. Even a 2% block node is better than a 6% ES node I reckon. If you have 50% shield block, and add 2%, it's a 4% EHP increase against attacks. While if you have 250% increased ES, and add 6%, it's barely a 2% EHP increase.

And yeah Respecs suck, idk what I'd do.

Its 5 nodes to grab static blows and a few for resolute technique. Considering if I should grab some accuracy gears and then just go lightning strike crit. As you see in the skilltree you can get some REALLY good accuracy axe nodes.
I actually didnt realize that 20% increased defences from equipped shield applied to ES aswell. Seems I learned something new today :D
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 4, 2013, 3:36:02 PM
"
Harmster wrote:

Its 5 nodes to grab static blows and a few for resolute technique. Considering if I should grab some accuracy gears and then just go lightning strike crit. As you see in the skilltree you can get some REALLY good accuracy axe nodes.
I actually didnt realize that 20% increased defences from equipped shield applied to ES aswell. Seems I learned something new today :D

Indeed they are!

Yeah you could go for crit, but it seems kinda meh with axes due to the 5% base crit. You'd need like 300% increased crit chance to match static blows shock chance, plus all the accuracy nodes and gear. Not worth it IMO.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 4, 2013, 3:43:05 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Harmster wrote:

Indeed they are!

Yeah you could go for crit, but it seems kinda meh with axes due to the 5% base crit. You'd need like 300% increased crit chance to match static blows shock chance, plus all the accuracy nodes and gear. Not worth it IMO.

Yeah right, it seems quite hard to get that 300% crit without sacrificing too much. Playing with the offline calculator here.

You know novalisk, we should get a room. Are you online ingame so we can chat? :p
Sadly I should be sleeping right now! I don't play as much as I used to, but feel free to PM me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info