Death's Oath CI

It'd be an insult if I had asked "Can't you read?". I was simply tired of your ignorance. I had to state the same thing in 2 different posts so I think I'm entitled to that question.
Extra armor doesn't do much against them bosses but they're still very useful in all other situations, especially in reflect maps with vulnerability curse or double reflect. On the other hand, status effects are pretty useless in all situations like I explained.
Why did I bring up the 46 ex figure? Because that's how expensive this build can get for probably the same result that can be achieved with 10 less exalts. Unlike the conventional build where the ES burden is shared between different pieces of gear, top ES shields which make this build viable are very expensive.
We're discussing on the premise of CI physical based melee. Elemental hit is not physical so I stand corrected. You will not be able to shock big bosses with LS using this build.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Aug 9, 2013, 12:26:49 AM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
It'd be an insult if I had asked "Can't you read?". I was simply tired of your ignorance. I had to state the same thing in 2 different posts so I think I'm entitled to that question.

Tired of my ignorance now, nice.

You claim that 3k armour makes more difference than the ability to shock stack / freeze-lock, and that armour contributes to EHP almost on the same level as block. Your reasoning behind it? "My armour is 3k higher so that must count", "I kill things instantly so who needs status effects anyway". If you kill things instantly then does that bit of armour really matter that much?

"
Extra armor doesn't do much against them bosses but they're still very useful in all other situations, especially in reflect maps with vulnerability curse or double reflect. On the other hand, status effects are pretty useless in all situations like I explained.

Vaal Pact builds don't rely on armour for dealing with reflect, what saves you in those maps is your ES pool and high Life Leech with VP. Life builds use armour against reflect, not ES builds.

"
Why did I bring up the 46 ex figure? Because that's how expensive this build can get for probably the same result that can be achieved with 10 less exalts. Unlike the conventional build where the ES burden is shared between different pieces of gear, top ES shields which make this build viable are very expensive.

This build does not need a 750 ES shield to be viable, It's clearly written in the gear section that the minimum is 500 ES which is very much obtainable. While it's true that the build gets slightly more optimal the better your shield is, it isn't mandatory.

"

We're discussing on the premise of CI physical based melee. Elemental hit is not physical so I stand corrected. You will not be able to shock big bosses with LS using this build.

I don't plan to shock big bosses since LS is my AoE attack(LMP>Multistrike). I may be able to Freeze with Glacial Hammer, though I'm not counting on it (never seen a proper endgame glacial hammer user against a map boss).
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 9, 2013, 4:04:40 AM
Armor is always relevant to physical user because of reflect. Maybe after you've actually played it you will know. Those split arrow + chained in vulnerability will take you down without proper armor
I have 18% LL without gem and passive (20% Blood rage, 6% amulet, 2% gloves) (high enough for you?) and if I don't have high enough armor I will not gain enough ES to facetanking double reflect mobs or single reflect + vulnerability. If you don't leech fast enough you will have trouble with stuffs because although your DPS can get ridiculous, there's a limit to how many mobs you can hit at once and the ones you don't hit can bite you. Again, please actually play the game.
Since shield makes up the bulk of your ES, high ES shield is absolutely necessary for this build to be viable. Your other pieces have a 2.5 ES multiplier while your shield has a 5. With a 500 ES shield you can only get 2500 + 1500 from other sources. That's 4k ES. Why bother with CI if you only gets that low? The thing about a conventional build is after you've spent some currency on a 6L ES chest you're pretty much 80% done with your build. With your build, shield, although expensive, only makes up 40% of your budget, with the 6L death oath being another big investment you have to make.
You will not be able to shock, or freeze any boss with crit using build since a shield is required. 1 handers per hit damage is too low to apply any effect on crit to bosses.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Aug 9, 2013, 1:42:31 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
Armor is always relevant to physical user because of reflect. Maybe after you've actually played it you will know. Those split arrow + chained in vulnerability will take you down without proper armor
I have 18% LL without gem and passive (20% Blood rage, 6% amulet, 2% gloves) (high enough for you?) and if I don't have high enough armor I will not gain enough ES to facetanking double reflect mobs or single reflect + vulnerability. If you don't leech fast enough you will have trouble with stuffs because although your DPS can get ridiculous, there's a limit to how many mobs you can hit at once and the ones you don't hit can bite you. Again, please actually play the game.

Apologies, I had incorrect misconceptions about physical reflect on CI and didn't bother to run the numbers. Yes, Armour does help, especially when you're dealing fast small hits like with Cyclone and Multistrike. However, shield block helps as well, and while it's less reliable for a chain of small reflects, it's more reliable for reflected crits since armour will have a tough time mitigating that.

"
Since shield makes up the bulk of your ES, high ES shield is absolutely necessary for this build to be viable. Your other pieces have a 2.5 ES multiplier while your shield has a 5. With a 500 ES shield you can only get 2500 + 1500 from other sources. That's 4k ES. Why bother with CI if you only gets that low?

4k ES before the 12% More node next to CI, so more like 4.5k ES. And that's without block taken into account which as I said before is a huge EHP boost.

"
The thing about a conventional build is after you've spent some currency on a 6L ES chest you're pretty much 80% done with your build. With your build, shield, although expensive, only makes up 40% of your budget, with the 6L death oath being another big investment you have to make.

I have to admit that the build is more expensive than I'd like, but I expect the price of Death's Oath to go lower in time since it's such a niche armour.

"
You will not be able to shock, or freeze any boss with crit using build since a shield is required. 1 handers per hit damage is too low to apply any effect on crit to bosses.

Well that remains to be seen. Neither you nor I have experience with such a build, so it's mostly speculation on both ends. What I know is that it can be done with an ele-hit wand build, so maybe with 6L, a good weapon and some crit multiplier items it can be done with this build as well. Remember that with Hatred, Glacial Hammer and WED, that's almost 75% of your damage being cold damage, getting full benefits of physical damage nodes. Also, Q20 Glacial Hammer gives 20% increased freeze duration.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 9, 2013, 5:13:56 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

except if you play wander :D
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 12, 2013, 7:27:40 AM
Any updates on this? I tried running blooddance, as much chaos as possible stacked inbetween the life regen+vitality and such.

withabout 200 regen per tick, and 40% chaos resist i was able to keep myself up relying on bloodrage and frenzy charges pretty much.this was actually a build of my own i used cleave with and life gain on hit...pretty much have to constantly attack to stay alive then pop a rejuv totem after mobs are down...mind that i did this without CI or a shield. def. interested in speccing into shield nodes and seeing how it works.
Haven't been playing enough recently to implement the build, so no new updates gameplay-wise.

I'm also trying to come up with a level-up plan that's viable pre-CI and doesn't cost a lot of orbs of regret. With the new Unwavering Stance build it's quite difficult since I skipped the core nodes at the start of the tree.
Hello,

That's an interesting idea for a Death's Oath build.

I also created a build that take advantage of the Death's Oath Chestplate. Its completely different than yours though. Its a life-based Marauder with high chaos resist and high life regen. He uses Blood Rage/Flicker Strike-Melee Splash with a high physical dmg Staff.

The character is level 75 now. Still needs some gear to get the desirable amount of chaos resist but when I get those gear, I'll be able to support Blood rage + Death'S Oath without taking any dmg. In addition, I'll deal about 21k dps with a 5L Flicker Strike once the build is completed (at level 85).

Here's the link for the build :

Death's Oath Flickerer
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Aug 14, 2013, 11:06:00 AM
Maybe this weapon is of use:

It has some high physical roll, hybrid physical, strength, accuracy. 1prefix+1suffix left. Unfortunate it got strength and and a low accuracy roll, but hey it just dropped like that - cant complain.
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 21, 2013, 4:24:50 PM
This is my current one, not end-game worthy at all but it's solid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info