Death's Oath CI

I'm in, plan to start this weekend. Frenzy wander. Works in my head at least.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 23, 2013, 4:51:52 PM
Pretty cool stuff kolp, not sure how it'll work with a wander build but best of luck!

Although I quit,

Can be used with Death's Oath and a 500 ES helm instead of a Abyssus and my 1600 Armor 550 ES hybrid chest
The old plan was to go RT with abyssus because the increased phys damage taken is insane when taken reflected damage on crit. But maybe with a normal ES helm it will be easier to take, thus making crit doable which increase my DPS about 45%.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
That's an awesome shield, though using it with this build isn't 100% optimal. Since most of the ES for this build comes from the shield, you want to have the highest ES possible on it. Also, since we're getting a fair bit of block nodes, a 30% base block shield is preferable.

I think using that specific shield with your 1600 Armor 550 ES hybrid chest would be better.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 28, 2013, 10:54:14 AM
i use deaths oath but i am not ci. all u need is 70 chaos res and 5% life regen to combat the chaos damage it works great for me.
Hey ktrop14 I am happy to see I am not the only person on the server using Deaths Oath with good melee success and no CI.

I must admit it is a bit of a tricky build but it was very interesting to figure mine out and a lot of fun to play.

It turns out not to be very expensive if you are the type that can set a goal for the proper equipment and make it work. The highest priced item I am wearing is two Mings Heart rings, perfect rolls and they were only 5 Exalts each. I got the armor for 1 Exalt with a close to perfect roll for 1 Exalt and did the 6 socket/5 link routine on Master benches.
The strange thing is I find it to work out very well with a near perfect roll of the Wings of Entropy. The tree provides a lot of buff options for duel wield damage, speed, and many more for two handed weapons which all apply and work well.
At level 80 as is I can runs most maps without ever potting(using flasks) unless I put myself in a spot like a strongbox that ignites, freezes, etc... Then it is one keystroke to dispel it and done. I never have used my Mana pot. But we will see what they mess me up with in mechanics changes in Act 4.
In closing I know it is possible, fun, not expensive - it just takes time to figure it all out.

If ANYONE needs more information whisper me BornLost and I would be happy to do a show and tell. I have no clue how to document a toon and post it properly nor do I wish to learn how.

BornLost

Bro, the mods should award you the gravedigger patch, nobody digs up a dead thread from over a year ago like you did right here. Excellent work.

On the side note, you invested a dozen+ exalteds in a build that isn't really that effective. I understand the fun factor and possible dislike for cookie-cutters, but why on earth whould you beat a dead horse and try to make a build around an item dozens, if not hundreds, players already tried out and ended up with a "meh" at their very best?
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Mar 9, 2015, 7:06:31 PM
So here's my thought:

Death's Oath does chaos dmg. Therefore, choose weapons/nodes/skills that amplify chaos dmg:

Equipment:
- Bino's Kitchen Knife
- Death's Oath
- As already noted, a very high ES shield

Skill:
- Viper strike supported with melee splash, more dmg on full life (since CI), etc...
- Vulnerability curse (double dips chaos dmg from viper strike)

Tree:
- Chaos dmg nodes around shadow
- Dagger/crit nodes around shadow
- shield nodes around shadow/witch/templar
- Example (high level):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBX0GOQ18DkgRDxFQEZYV1xa_GyUc3B0UHU8hAyLqJIsqCyymLL8s4S0fLVU1uTdmN4M6rTrYQktGcUcGSRNLrkvETLNQMFFgUq9WY1fJXGtd8l9qY0Nl8WaeZ_xtGW-Eb55wUnBWcNV2gncHfLt943_GgwmESIXFhq6HE4nTieCMdo9GkBuTH5MnlSCaE5uhm7WcpJ48oqOmf6brpyusZqyYsbO0DLTFtNG1SLcxuT67TcAawcXB88M6w23IDMpK0AnQ0Nh22VvbXtvU2-fdX9-K377jhOZY6QLp_uq67DjtQfLh8wbz6vfX-tL7qv8c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info