D3 insane legendaries buff!

Polished Turd just got a good rub on a sleeve....nothing more.
"There are no deaths from cannabis use. Anywhere. You can't find one," said Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus at Harvard Medical School.

Write your elected officials. Regulate and tax Cannabis for responsible adults!

Facts>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iksA-DD3990&feature=related
I seriously hope Blizzard appreciate the tenacity of their loyal customers. So few game companies are afforded the number of fuck ups they have managed and still been forgiven, even praised for their belated fixes.

But they probably don't.

Glad D3 is getting what people think it needs. Always.

But as an ex blizzard advocate, I question their reactive method. They made the greatest ARPG, the benchmark, and still they are making "mistakes" that former paradigm did not, such as bland uniques aka legendaries. Oh, D2 had some dull uniique items, yes, but it had some truly memorable ones too.

After all, where did PoE get its concept of "unique" from, if not there?

For D3 to get that "wrong" when its predecessor mastered it and it SO easy to mimic is utterly incomprehensible to me.

But hey, better late than...especially for blizzard, who knew from the start that they could afford to screw up and that when they "fixed" things their fans would praise the rectification rather than question the need for one in the first place.

I guess that knowledge of the forgiving nature of the fan base is a form of appreciation...albeit a rather abusive one.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 15, 2012, 7:41:49 PM
"
Antilurker77 wrote:
D3 being garbage is an exaggeration; even pre-1.0.3 the game was quite playable. It just wasn't perfect.

I loved Diablo 3 quite a lot. The only two problems I had was that a) it's freakin' impossible to find uniques and legendary items, and b) if you accidentally do, they are crap. If those two were fixed, I'd play it for months.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
Unless they remove the everlasting cutscenes, I will see the game as a game for small children. The game is broken, and it can't be fixed without a complete remake.

The game wasn't bad because of the uniques sucked. Indeed it was a bad thing, but PoE wouldn't suck if the uniques was bad - we would want it fixed of course, but it wouldn't ruin the overall expression.

Diablo 3 is a game stripped from social interaction, competition and freedom - those can't be fixed with changes on MF/weapons, sorry to say.

Trust me, most people dunno why the game sucks, but they'll discover, that patch 1.04 won't make it better in the long run.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 15, 2012, 7:10:00 PM
deadline... guys deadline.

sometimes people have to give up the quality to pass the deadline.

"
Antilurker77 wrote:

D3 being garbage is an exaggeration; even pre-1.0.3 the game was quite playable. It just wasn't perfect.

I was quoting the OP.
But if you want my opinion, I'd say that Diablo was 'playable but not enjoyable' for a single playthrough. Everything after became just me torturing myself. Which made it really easy to just not play it any more.

"
Antilurker77 wrote:

Also, I'd like to point out how much PoE has changed over the past year. The game would be in a very different state if there was no beta and released the game as is. It's impossible to know for sure what is satisfactory and what isn't without feedback. Could Blizzard have polished D3 more if it had a proper beta? Probably. But does it matter at this point, especially since D3 isn't a subscription game? Not really.

Blizzard has one of the largest, most devotedly-fanatical fanbases this side of the Sol system (Apple and major religions excluded. Probably).
They would have been set up perfectly to have enough beta testers to test all kinds of things in all manner of tests.
But they didn't utilize that potential. They had a tiny in-house beta for the whole game, and the rest of the fanbase was given a tiny fraction of the game to play. Nope, you can't test the game properly on the first half of the first Act in the first difficulty setting.

How much would PoE be changed if we all could only play to Brutus on normal?

Does it matter if Blizzard supports the game now? You bet it does. It's one of the reasons Blizzard became so popular: Their continuing support for every product, even if revenue came from boxsales alone, and not subs.

To not continue this would be akin to go over the edge. Either of seeing your customers as walking wallets and nothing more, or of being on the edge of bankrupcy and not having the money to afford that kind of support any more. Like Trokia games, which dissolved after VTMB, leaving it to the community to patch their game.

Either way spells doom for Blizzard.

"
Dudebag wrote:
deadline... guys deadline.

sometimes people have to give up the quality to pass the deadline.

Other companies have deadlines, too. Blizzard was one of the few studios that always managed to postpone the deadline if they thought their product wasn't ready. Until recently, that is.

And they did not only sacrifice 'meaningful unique items' for that deadline but seemingly half the game (Hello, no Multiplayer!). My personal take is: Blizzard, with B North gone, had no people left that really knew how to handle the Diablo IP. Nor did they really care for it outside that 'it's a powerful IP, we HAVE to utilize it somehow' mindset.

Exculpating the sorry state of Diablo at release and even now with 'deadlines' seems very forgiving. Yeah, I can see it it now. When KotOR 2 hit, unfinished in order to take Holiday sales with it, people were absolutely fine with it. It was a deadline issue, after all.

Come to think of limited resources: System Shock 2. A very good read can be found here.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Aug 16, 2012, 6:51:19 AM
"
Murgustrum wrote:
Even if they patched the game and made it eminently playable, I still wouldn't go back to it.

I've been a Blizzard customer since the early days, have played everything they released (to the best of my knowledge) and have given them lots of money.

I feel betrayed, crapped upon and totally let down by their performance and treatment of customers in the last 3-4 years. Its not just D3, it goes further back...

Their after-sale service is laughable and D3 merely solidifies their reputation as an indifferent and money-hungry shower of...well, I'll not finish that sentence.

Example?

48 hour ban on the tech forum for posting a bug report containing the word bugger. Exact context:- "I said to myself "bugger me" when the client crashed"

What followed was akin to a Monty Python sketch. I couldn't log-in to access the online support site, generated an extension to my ban for attempting to email tech support (Harrassment!) and ended up phoning their support desk. The result of my £30 phone call was a very blunt threat to stop contacting them until the ban was up or they would perma-nuke all of my accounts.

So, I sat it out, honed my skills on other games and finally logged in when the timer ran out.

I popped over to the tech forums, checked that nobody had made a post about the same crash/error (my original post was deleted) and promptly re-posted an updated error report.

Guess what happened?

72 hour ban (and very strongly worded follow up email) for spamming & harrassment.

Sorry, just realised this has become a wall of text!

Anyway, Blizzard will never get a penny from me again.

Never!

Frankly, I'd rather slam my meat & two in a car door.

Besides all of that, PoE (even in its current beta state) dumps all over D3.

Srsly how is it even legal to ban ppl like this??
Meh... better uniques does not impress me that much. There is a fundamental flaw in the games core design which will make this slight upgrade old news in about a week.

I squeezed all the fun I can from my lev 60 barb and no matter what I do, there are no exp, skills to invest in. The underwhelming levels and the soiled toilet-paper quality of a plot really makes it irritating to replay.

Sorry, they need an overhaul before I even think about Buzzard again. Builds are still a myth in the game, especially since its still based on armor than anything. Now had they revamped the gems and allowed for elemental effects along with additional properties per level (gains a new ability once you make it to flawless level or something).

"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I should had not identified those legendary items (I think 8 within a week) I managed to get before I joined PoE. It would have at least made me feel more significant. Not that it matters anymore.

Item stats are determined at drop time, not at identify time.

However, many people will probably stock up unid legendaries just to try and sell them after 1.0.4. People who buy them will be so disappointed to find it's not the item they had expected...
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
I like the fact that blizzard is trying but it might be too late :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info