D3 insane legendaries buff!

By this point everyone should've known how blizzard operates now.

1. Dish out promising updates.
2. Gullible players return after the update.
3. Nerf everything back to the ground again after 2 weeks.
4. Post absurd reasons why they nerf'd everything.
5. Enact forum bans & silent treatment to enraged community.
6. Wait 2 months.
7. Repeat from #1.

If I may be quite frank, only idiots still believe in blizzard after that 2 months charade.
I already bought Diablo3, so trying out 1.0.4 will be something for me in the future. Not overly excited for it, but hey, might as well give it 5 minutes of my time haha!
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
Maybe D3 will finally be out of "beta" with 1.0.4?

I'll be sticking with Path Of Exile, I'd rather support a game built around gameplay and good mechanics than built around a RMAH.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
i cant believe how they released d3 when the game had so many problems?! login errors,server lag,update errors,character glitches,sh*t drops even with 200+mf (valor buff + gear mf)and more...its like the game is still in beta and we payed 60$ (or euros :P) for a beta game...i hoped i can get back my money from rmah but with the drops i had....no way!!
Improving the legendaries is one thing, but have they said anythign about us being able to find the legendaries? Or do we simply get better stuff in the auction houses?
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
"
jyml8582 wrote:
By this point everyone should've known how blizzard operates now.

1. Dish out promising updates.
2. Gullible players return after the update.
3. Nerf everything back to the ground again after 2 weeks.
4. Post absurd reasons why they nerf'd everything.
5. Enact forum bans & silent treatment to enraged community.
6. Wait 2 months.
7. Repeat from #1.

If I may be quite frank, only idiots still believe in blizzard after that 2 months charade.

Lets be logical here and look at it from the correct perspective. Blizzard did the same thing with Diablo 2....matter of fact it happened nearly EXACTLY the same way...the first year of Diablo 2 people hated it and were very upset and even pissed off about it. Then all of the sudden after patches and fixes it took off like a storm.
Historically this is how they have operated on almost all of the games they have made.

I would like to post some basic facts here for you though...

1. Even with all the flaming and complaining by the end of this year Diablo 3 will STILL be the most populated and highest selling ARPG of 2012.

2. Blizzard will continue to tweak the game in 2013.

3. The game itself is commercialized and promotes lazyness by offering playing the game as a source of actual income.(If you hate D3 this is THE MOST logical reason to hate it all other reasons are trivial and will be fixed)

4. WoW will actually bounce back in some of it's population when SWTOR goes free to play. (The SWTOR community is pretty upset at this move especially the ones that have been paying to play not to mention the game is solidly dying and is the main source of WoW losing players)

5. Also Historically WoWs expansions give about a 1 million people boost every first year of an expansion.

Why do i even mention WoW? It is simple, "business tactics". While they are tweaking D3 the new expansion for WoW will be out for a distraction. By the time the expansion gets old D3 will be darn near perfect and settled in.

Personally I am not a HUGE fan of blizzard but they used this tactic last time with D2 and they are using it again..last time it was WC3 causing the distraction...this time a WoW expansion.

People make all these "jokes" about Jay wilson...and YES he is a moron...but the marketing and sales crew ARE NOT.

Even if D3 becomes a TOTAL FLOP after the fixes...they have plenty of income to afford a flop and hey...who knows maybe it would encourage them to start working on Ghost again.
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
"
Dudebag wrote:
yep they did it!
i'm excited !!

it went from garbaged to awesome...

My take on this is: There's something fundamentally wrong with the universe when:

a) The game apparently was this flawed ("garbage") after six to seven years of testing and development,
b) it took three months for this issue to be addressed, and
c) there still are people out there being excited about the move.

Flawed allegory: If I buy a flat and notice it is missing any electrical installation, and the landlord is forced to rectify that error, I don't get excited when he announces he will do the repairs.
I say: "darntootin' you do!"

I'm not trying to troll here, but if you genuinely are as excited as you sound, they can sell you polished turds for wafers and you will gleefully gobble them down.
Sorry, I'm just bitter about how many people give Blizzard that benefit of a doubt hat Blizzard themselves have squandered and deign not to need nor want it, while other companies who would be more deserving get left out.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Aug 15, 2012, 10:46:19 AM
It comes down to basic psychology. When people rage at something, they want to be heard. If they are heard, people are happy.

I'm really happy about the changes so far. Yes, I think I'm excited.
Sure it's something which should have been done during the beta but thing is they apparently did it right this time. The legendary items look fun and worth enough the time spent to get them.

I'd like to get items with fun proc and very nice stats like that in POE. Unique items don't need to be the best items, just very special so we can have the will to look for them and not farm randomly for very good rare items.
"
Avireyn wrote:

My take on this is: There's something fundamentally wrong with the universe when:

a) The game apparently was this flawed ("garbage") after six to seven years of testing and development,
b) it took three months for this issue to be addressed, and
c) there still are people out there being excited about the move.

Flawed allegory: If I buy a flat and notice it is missing any electrical installation, and the landlord is forced to rectify that error, I don't get excited when he announces he will do the repairs.
I say: "darntootin' you do!"

I'm not trying to troll here, but if you genuinely are as excited as you sound, they can sell you polished turds for wafers and you will gleefully gobble them down.
Sorry, I'm just bitter about how many people give Blizzard that benefit of a doubt hat Blizzard themselves have squandered and deign not to need nor want it, while other companies who would be more deserving get left out.

D3 being garbage is an exaggeration; even pre-1.0.3 the game was quite playable. It just wasn't perfect.

Also, I'd like to point out how much PoE has changed over the past year. The game would be in a very different state if there was no beta and released the game as is. It's impossible to know for sure what is satisfactory and what isn't without feedback. Could Blizzard have polished D3 more if it had a proper beta? Probably. But does it matter at this point, especially since D3 isn't a subscription game? Not really.
Keyblades!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info