For anyone doubting the power of Orb of Chance

Only things he was given was a kiwi for streaming the game and doing the Q/A sessions, and a bunch of random currencies on the alpha server to make a video about item progression.

The thing you need to realize about Kripp is that he plays this game like 7hours+ a day, so he's sifting through A LOT of stuff.

Besides, all of his time playing is recorded. You can see for yourself that he gets every thing on his own.
Kripp actually does get a lot of ''bro deals.'' Someone gave him two alchs for two gcp, someone gave him an exalted for a crappy ring, and someone gave him two exalted orbs for two cartographers chisels. I barely even watch his stream and that's just what I remember. He seems like a pretty nice guy, and hes also good at the game and plays a lot, but he has way more wealth than he probably should have.

On topic, I'd just like to point out that I've played for months and used hundreds of chance orbs and never gotten anything useful from them, no good rares that I remember and not one unique.
"
Danos wrote:
Kripp actually does get a lot of ''bro deals.'' Someone gave him two alchs for two gcp, someone gave him an exalted for a crappy ring, and someone gave him two exalted orbs for two cartographers chisels. I barely even watch his stream and that's just what I remember. He seems like a pretty nice guy, and hes also good at the game and plays a lot, but he has way more wealth than he probably should have.

On topic, I'd just like to point out that I've played for months and used hundreds of chance orbs and never gotten anything useful from them, no good rares that I remember and not one unique.

This is just going from bad to worse?

If someone gave him 2 alch for 2 gcp, he got the short end of that trade. But you might have it backwards.

I saw the exalted for the cartographer, you definitely got this one backwards.. And it wasn't even him, it was thearioc. They wanted cartographers for the unique map and were giving exalted just to make it happen fast. (An excellent example of how a trade can seem lopsided but both parties actually get what they want).

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Aug 14, 2012, 5:43:23 PM

Love to see another thread derailed.

Anyway, congrats, OP. Well done. I haven't had such luck, but then again I've only gathered so many mats with my 27 Templar and 52 Marauder.
IGN: redeux
Last edited by redeux on Aug 14, 2012, 6:36:50 PM
"
Danos wrote:

He just farms maps for 9+ hours a day with 60+ quanity. And he gets 1 bro deal a day maybe, and one time there was a guy who quitted poe and gave all his mats to him. that was it.
The guy who gave him 2 exhaultet for the cartographers chisels was the guy who won the 2 week hc race and had a ton of mats and they where chinseling the unique map. And the guy also gave this price to everyone who gave em a chinsel this day.
Kripp is a vampire from Romania, he doesn't need to sleep so he plays all day along. Also he is a god of gaming and you are just a baddie who is mad because you can't be on the same level as him.

:)
"
Hellfell wrote:
Kripp is a vampire from Romania, he doesn't need to sleep so he plays all day along. Also he is a god of gaming and you are just a baddie who is mad because you can't be on the same level as him.

:)

I just wonder how he makes a living. It's not like playing PoE brings you money. It's not Starcraft tournament in Korea ;).
Living off his mum in her basement?
I have to work 12 hrs a day and he plays 12 hrs a day.

Life is so unfair. ;)
I can confirm that Kripp has been bribed by the developers to play this game. They pay him in a special currency called "Fun", which is apparently really rare and hard to acquire. According to my undisclosed source, some people who post on this forum are lacking this special currency, which is the reason why they always seem so salty.

"
I just wonder how he makes a living. It's not like playing PoE brings you money. It's not Starcraft tournament in Korea ;).
Living off his mum in her basement?
I have to work 12 hrs a day and he plays 12 hrs a day.

Life is so unfair. ;)

Ad revenue.
Last edited by Veex on Aug 15, 2012, 2:11:33 AM
Kripp is like the best arpg player in the world so he makes money out of youtube videos, stream subscribers and donations
DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info