0.11.1e Patch Notes

"
Ai0s wrote:
"
Raelys wrote:
yea, this patch is bullshit. i utilized quality added chaos in my ice spear as well......in which i just used a bunch of gcp's on YESTERDAY

if this was a simple math calculation 'bug' it would have been fixed a long time ago, its just another way to set players back from progressing too much before official release......just like the life and es nerf a few patches back.

Chaos is, was, and never has been elemental damage. Don't build your build around a broken elemental damage bug and expect it not to get fixed. It's easy to understand when +%All Elemental Resistances doesn't increase your chaos resistance, so why should +%Elemental Damage increase chaos damage?

i never built anything around added chaos. i found a 4% chaos gem a while back and it gave me the bggest flat damage boost over any other gems. just yesterday i put more gcps into it because im running out of other things to improve on

not once did i EVER assume increased elemental damage effected the chaos gem. i never ever thought those nodes were increasing the gem at all. i picked up + elemental nodes to increase my frost damage only. atleast thats what i thought until seeing these patch notes

so ill say again, this is just a heavy nerf to stop people from progressing at a rate than they (GGG) thinks is too fast compared to their release schedule. hence the ES and life node nerfs a couple weeks ago as well. all they are doing is setting people back as much as they can before the final release.

loosing interest in this company very quickly.....i got hit with a 28% loss in ES during that nerf.........and now i lost rougly 500 dps rounding off.
@up
Oh man what a deep conspiracy. I knew some people are more sensitive about hidden causes and stuff but to the level of game?
Still nothing for lag
Still nothing for desync :(
"
Pinoczet wrote:
@up
Oh man what a deep conspiracy. I knew some people are more sensitive about hidden causes and stuff but to the level of game?

its not a conspiracy at all. i by no means meant to imply that, sorry if it was taken that way.

all im saying is to make up for what ive lost in the past 3 patches in ES, ive been making my way to the last set of es nodes i havent taken yet.......by doing so, to gain back 28% ES will cost me 6 levels to get that back once i allocate the passives......to make up for the lost 500 dps, well i dont know how im going to make that up because im nowhere near any other damage nodes.....

at level 84 you can see that ill never make up for the stats lost unless i re-allocate about 10 passives....which i cant do with my build. it will simply take about 2 months worth of game time to get those passives back just to end up where i WAS at a month ago
Why there is never announcement of what new uniques really are? How do you guys check the new uniques ?
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_
Still nothing for lag
Still nothing for desync :(
[2]
IGN: GyFolks / guicorky / ZevsMightyThunder / UltimateMakeover
"
PerpetualWar wrote:
Why there is never announcement of what new uniques really are? How do you guys check the new uniques ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056

Once a new patch comes out keep checking this above threads. All the new items end up there's eventually.
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
"
Raelys wrote:
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
This was actually a heavy nerf to added chaos damage gem if you had any gear/passives that increased elemental damage. My ice spear damage went from about 3500 to 3200 -.-

yea, this patch is bullshit. i utilized quality added chaos in my ice spear as well......in which i just used a bunch of gcp's on YESTERDAY

if this was a simple math calculation 'bug' it would have been fixed a long time ago, its just another way to set players back from progressing too much before official release......just like the life and es nerf a few patches back.

yea I agree its a bit BS to make a change like this, I too purchased a 16% quality added chaos and even started wearing the 10% elemental dual curse boots and also went into the shadow tree to get the 15% elemental damage nodes. I can still live with the changes they made, but it is quite annoying when a lot of my character was built around this added chaos gem.

It couldn't be "fixed a long time ago" because it wasn't bugged a long time ago. This bug was only introduced in patch 0.11.1 when we (I) re-wrote all the damage calculation stats. For the entirety of game's life before that (recent) patch, chaos damage was correctly not affected by elemental damage. That patch introduced the bug, which has been fixed in this minor patch shortly afterwards. I'd be somewhat surprised if people have managed to make builds entirely around this interaction in that time given that it never used to work (and was known not to), and no announcement was made that it had started working (because we didn't know and if we had we'd have fixed it before the bug made it to beta).

All this fix does is return damage to the correct values it was at prior to 0.11.1, when the bug was initially introduced and elemental increases started applying to chaos.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 7, 2013, 4:17:50 AM
Guys, rly, if Chaos dmg will inc as ele dmg... + new uniques with chaos dmg as well... more Over Powered buff hard to make.
And you guys cry bcs it was a BUG and GGG fix that? Rly? I make char to test that and it was most unbalanced bug i saw. With Chaos DMG gem and Quality + many inc ele dmg nodes every boss got killed in no time, is that balance?

Thx for fix that bug!

But nerf Life node is not needed... right now ES way much more powered than Life... sad.
Little buff for Life node or nerf ES node to make balance need more.
Yep too big nerf every possible (its more than half) builds in game. Now eays die on any map and any mob + waste nodes on Life is rly srsly just waste. That's not balanced at all.
Last edited by Fantoster on Jul 7, 2013, 6:04:11 AM
lag
desync
ranger tree

where?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info