0.11.1e Patch Notes

"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
"
Raelys wrote:
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
This was actually a heavy nerf to added chaos damage gem if you had any gear/passives that increased elemental damage. My ice spear damage went from about 3500 to 3200 -.-

yea, this patch is bullshit. i utilized quality added chaos in my ice spear as well......in which i just used a bunch of gcp's on YESTERDAY

if this was a simple math calculation 'bug' it would have been fixed a long time ago, its just another way to set players back from progressing too much before official release......just like the life and es nerf a few patches back.

yea I agree its a bit BS to make a change like this, I too purchased a 16% quality added chaos and even started wearing the 10% elemental dual curse boots and also went into the shadow tree to get the 15% elemental damage nodes. I can still live with the changes they made, but it is quite annoying when a lot of my character was built around this added chaos gem.

It couldn't be "fixed a long time ago" because it wasn't bugged a long time ago. This bug was only introduced in patch 0.11.1 when we (I) re-wrote all the damage calculation stats. For the entirety of game's life before that (recent) patch, chaos damage was correctly not affected by elemental damage. That patch introduced the bug, which has been fixed in this minor patch shortly afterwards. I'd be somewhat surprised if people have managed to make builds entirely around this interaction in that time given that it never used to work (and was known not to), and no announcement was made that it had started working (because we didn't know and if we had we'd have fixed it before the bug made it to beta).

All this fix does is return damage to the correct values it was at prior to 0.11.1, when the bug was initially introduced and elemental increases started applying to chaos.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 7, 2013, 4:17:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info