95% Crit Chance Build - treating critical hits as standard attacks

"
gjrud wrote:
"
Daemonjax wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Actual chance to crit becomes (.8*.95*.8) = 61%.

Why are you multiplying by .8 twice?

I would have thought it would just be chance_to_hit * chance_to_crit for a single weapon attack.

He does so 'cause the recent change to buff evasion: now there is first a roll to decide if you evade an attack or not...

Really? Mobs have a 20% chance to evade? Anyone else think that's really high for mobs?
"
Daemonjax wrote:

Really? Mobs have a 20% chance to evade? Anyone else think that's really high for mobs?

NO mobs chance to evade is just an estimate from your accuracy. If your accuracy (chance to hit) is 80% chance then the mob chance to evade is 20%. Therefore the higher your accuracy the lower mobs evasion.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Daemonjax wrote:

NO mobs chance to evade is just an estimate from your accuracy. If your accuracy (chance to hit) is 80% chance then the mob chance to evade is 20%. Therefore the higher your accuracy the lower mobs evasion.

That's what I thought...

Then why is the OP multiplying by .8 twice in his calculations?

If it's in error, then why am I the first person to notice? ;)
Last edited by Daemonjax on Aug 13, 2012, 4:10:55 AM
"
Daemonjax wrote:
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Daemonjax wrote:

That's what I thought...

Then why is the OP multiplying by .8 twice in his calculations?

If it's in error, then why am I the first person to notice? ;)

Gjrud responded this just before :

"
gjrud wrote:
"
Daemonjax wrote:
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Actual chance to crit becomes (.8*.95*.8) = 61%.

Why are you multiplying by .8 twice?

I would have thought it would just be chance_to_hit * chance_to_crit for a single weapon attack.

He does so 'cause the recent change to buff evasion: now there is first a roll to decide if you evade an attack or not, then there is the crit roll and then there is a third roll using your chances to evade to determine if the crit strike will it or not. Crits you do probably work in the same way (not tested).

I apologize for my English.
"
Kissan wrote:

Gjrud responded this just before :

"
gjrud wrote:

He does so 'cause the recent change to buff evasion: now there is first a roll to decide if you evade an attack or not...

So, you're also saying mobs have a 20% flat chance to evade attacks then...

If true, don't you think that's kind of high? Also, I'm not noticing any chance for mobs to evade my attacks...

It seems like chance to hit is just chance to hit, not chance to hit * .8.

bitedefer said that mobs don't have an additional chance to evade... any chance to miss is built into our chance to hit. I agree with him.

I'd love to hear from the OP on this... going to PM him.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Aug 13, 2012, 10:19:48 AM
Was that really so hard to understand?

Critical hits trigger a second evasion roll, which downgrades it to a non-crit if successful.

20% of attacks miss

5%*80% of attacks hit and don't crit

95%*80% of attacks hit and crit

20%*95%*80% of attacks hit, crit, but get downgraded to normal hit by the 2nd evasion check.

80%*95%*80% of attacks hit, crit, and stay that way.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Was that really so hard to understand?

Critical hits trigger a second evasion roll, which downgrades it to a non-crit if successful.

Yes, obviously.

Thanks for clarifying.

P.S. Drop the attitude.
Correct me if im wrong but the 600% from ice spear is 6*ur actual critical chance, ie.: if i have 20% critical chance in the second form of ice spear i got 120% critical chance (i guess it stands at 100.) i think im right because with 25% crit and no more i always hit critical so does my totem ( i freeze everything in my path :D)
You can use critical weakness to reach the 100% (yes, it works, I asked mark a loooong time ago).
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Under the current system, crit chance is capped between 5% and 95%, expect for things like "always crit" and "never crit"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info