95% Crit Chance Build - treating critical hits as standard attacks

Build concept: maximize crit chance so that...
  • Critical hits can be thought of as the "standard" attack; non-crits are rare enough and weak enough that they might as well be misses.
  • Crit damage multiplier essentially becomes a "more damage" modifier.
  • "Standard" attacks always apply freeze/shock/burn depending on the elemental damage type used.

Result:

Passives

Relevant gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

10.64% base chance
+ 355% from passives
+ 250% from power charges
+ 101% from support gem
+ 60% from quality gem
+ 33% from amulet
= 95.65% total chance

Impressions:
The 80% hit chance really hurts. Actual chance to crit becomes (.8*.95*.8) = 61%. I use Projectile Weakness, which raises hit chance to 90%, and crit chance to (.9*.95*.9) = 77%.

Any additional sources of crit multiplier (support gem, magic amulet, Maligaro's) would greatly boost dps. I'm currently focus on map running w/ ~110% IIQ and ~70% IIR, and the 315% crit multiplier is already enough to clear zones at a decent pace.

+X Accuracy mods are also helpful, especially now that critical hits allow two evasion chances. I just haven't had much lucking finding good mf gear that also gives added accuracy.

The small amount of cold damage on the wand is enough to shatter anything I kill. Necromancers are a non-issue to this build; mud crabs are easy to clear, but also yield no loot :(.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Aug 11, 2012, 4:51:42 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Ice Spear second form gives 600% increase in crit?
"
markshiu wrote:

You'd still need 757% increased critical strike chance on top of that to max it out. It's generally wiser to not stack too much crit chance on top of the 600% you get for free and just go for increased spell damage.

My build has 739% that can be applied to Ice Spear, and that's without high spell crit chance notables and wand mods, so I guess max crit w/ Ice Spear could work in theory.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
markshiu wrote:

You'd still need 757% increased critical strike chance on top of that to max it out. It's generally wiser to not stack too much crit chance on top of the 600% you get for free and just go for increased spell damage.

My build has 739% that can be applied to Ice Spear, and that's without high spell crit chance notables and wand mods, so I guess max crit w/ Ice Spear could work in theory.

You want to say 657% for Ice Spear i think.

To focus on topic, really interesting build, and you have take no %Accuracy passives it seems. A few of them could help to reach a better chance to hit, while you have not enough accuracy mods on gear.
The build may be fun, however- you have no life and about 2.5k shield- so basically, you are a glass cannon
ign: Ron
Can you post your build?
IGN: Drusek
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

There's the rest of my gear. Lucky roll on a shield, but otherwise pretty much went all-out mf and didn't bother w/ getting decent ES on helm, gloves, or boots.

Glass cannons are perfect for quick map runs. I have Summon Skeleton + Totem hotkeyed from earlier levels, but haven't really needed it lately.

Oh, and I use 3 Surgeon's Mana Flasks for mana. Enough to get me through "no mana regen" maps since I get a flask charge from almost every attack. Last two slots are granite flasks.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Im new:

what does this mean?

+ 60% from quality gem

i see you have item quality gems, but it looks like they just increase the item quality that you find on the ground? im confused
The Elemental Hit gem on my gloves are 20% quality, which gives 60% increased crit chance
Nice to see someone recreated such a build I made in 0.9.8. In fact, it is much easier now to make that build because of more critical chance passive added.

Here's the one I made

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/27686
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info