95% Crit Chance Build - treating critical hits as standard attacks

oh, so critical weakness won't bypass the 95% cap anymore?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Just checked, because additional chance to be critically hit is factored at a later stage, that can get beyond the cap. Your crit chance is capped at 5% - 95%, and then you add additional chance to take criticals from the enemy after that point.
if the crit mechanic is
hit rate * crit rate * hit rate again.. sounds like its better to push up hit rate than crit rate

you made a point about the benefit of always critting (so you can aim once and move on)

but thats obviously not the case with current 80% hit rate

.8*.95*.8 = .608

even if crit became 85% and you pushed accuracy to 85% instead you will get

.85*.85*.85 = .614
"
wooli wrote:
if the crit mechanic is
hit rate * crit rate * hit rate again.. sounds like its better to push up hit rate than crit rate

you made a point about the benefit of always critting (so you can aim once and move on)

but thats obviously not the case with current 80% hit rate

.8*.95*.8 = .608

even if crit became 85% and you pushed accuracy to 85% instead you will get

.85*.85*.85 = .614

Pretty sure I mentioned that I use Projectile Weakness (w/ Faster Casting and Increased AoE). 62% reduced enemy evasion takes my hit rate up to 90% if you do the math, and my crit rate is still 95%.

There's still room to improve in terms of accuracy, but unless I try to solo a 6-man instance or something, adding crit multiplier at the cost of consistency will just slow me down.

Edit: I might try to gear up for sheer DPS just for fun. There's a lot of room to improve in terms of raw dps if I don't have to worry about keeping up IIQ/IIR and other map-running stuff. The hardest part would probably be rolling a 5-link Voll's or finding one to buy.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Aug 14, 2012, 3:08:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info