Descent Races are good but...

Yeah! They are good! They really are..but...
Recently i found that you can: Skip the Bosses(duh) and also i thought the Reward Stashes were simply... RANDOM!

That is what i call a RACE!
Lost almost my whole interest about these type of races - cause i thought they were unique..which sounds FUN!

What i was expecting was.. Random Stash Rewards...and simply not to be like the "HARDCORE PoE xTrEME GAMER" of searching the google..for "Descent Stash Rewards SpreadShit" to have the walkthrough of the Race..
And then makes a great sense that...you can simply skip the Bosses of the race..!Really?
Isn't supposed to be like: you kill that boss you pick one of the random stashes and then descent to the NEXT LEVEL?!

Or you could make a -15% xp penalty for every skip boss..that would be FUN!Right?!
Beta Member Since 2010
oh news for me, i always kill all rare champs unique mobs :S

ggg should change that you say
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Jul 4, 2013, 9:15:08 AM
the bosses drop items you know, items that possibly can make or break your race
"
Kalidor wrote:
Yeah! They are good! They really are..but...
Recently i found that you can: Skip the Bosses(duh) and also i thought the Reward Stashes were simply... RANDOM!

That is what i call a RACE!
Lost almost my whole interest about these type of races - cause i thought they were unique..which sounds FUN!

What i was expecting was.. Random Stash Rewards...and simply not to be like the "HARDCORE PoE xTrEME GAMER" of searching the google..for "Descent Stash Rewards SpreadShit" to have the walkthrough of the Race..
And then makes a great sense that...you can simply skip the Bosses of the race..!Really?
Isn't supposed to be like: you kill that boss you pick one of the random stashes and then descent to the NEXT LEVEL?!

Or you could make a -15% xp penalty for every skip boss..that would be FUN!Right?!

You are mistaken in all parts

1)SKip the bosses,miss the loot they have,its simple and u need to kill them for your survival,you need that loot to progress.There is no reward on reaching more inside the dungeon,but there is a reward for leveling and u cant level without some gear help,which again,you wont find by killing random monsters.Actually if you dont kill them u make the leveling expierience in there worse for you later on.

2.)Boxes is community driven,like recipes.If noone have told you whats inside,you wouldnt know till you try.The fact that you know what to pick doesnt deminish the fact that u have to make choices.

As i said,descent is all about leveling up,not racing like a marathon runner for nothing.
Bye bye desync!
I would say that bigger problem was GEMS distribution -> aka most top players played cleaver duelist ... If other melee could get cleave on start it would give more diversity on top ladder. Right now everyone will make duelist for next races.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
So why they made the race to skip the bosses? whats the point of skipping them (as you say) in order that you won't make a progress later (items etc)

My last race yesterday was that i didnt kill any boss and went for the stashes with alch orbs and chaos etc.. just made a few rare and voila! Did it much much better than killing the bosses all that time! And we get back to what i said about a "WALKTHROUGH".. got it?

I hope you understand my point here.. The logic says that, in order to descent through you HAVE to kill the bosses..no matter what.. Go farm the mobs and then kill it..Do no farm at all, but kill it..

The stashes-boxes SHOULD be RANDOM, so the people wouldn't know whats inside them.. of course you would still get the same prizes but..RANDOMLY! No WALKTHROUGH's here..That would make sense and be somehow equal to the contesters..

Descent Races have their own rewards of being signature races and if those weren't competitive i think hardly noone would join them..

"
eragon1111 wrote:
I would say that bigger problem was GEMS distribution -> aka most top players played cleaver duelist ... If other melee could get cleave on start it would give more diversity on top ladder. Right now everyone will make duelist for next races.

And Mr.Eragon1111 has absolutely right.. Were's the fun in that of everyone playing a cleave who they already know what stash to get through that "Spreadshit"

So thats why i said all these in the beginning..All comes to a point
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Jul 4, 2013, 9:41:04 AM
As far as I know, the point of non-random chests is to diminish the impact of drop luck a little bit. For (an extreme) example, the reason Silverbranch bows were nerfed was that they were way too op in races and skewed everything if you happen to get one. So, giving everyone in a class the choice of the same items gives player skills/preferences a little more importance over RNG. :-)
"
Alysma wrote:
As far as I know, the point of non-random chests is to diminish the impact of drop luck a little bit. For (an extreme) example, the reason Silverbranch bows were nerfed was that they were way too op in races and skewed everything if you happen to get one. So, giving everyone in a class the choice of the same items gives player skills/preferences a little more importance over RNG. :-)

And reality shows that its completly opposite :)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Well, yeah, it's a completely new concept of a race so I would expect some adjustments over the season or for the next one. :-)
"
eragon1111 wrote:

And reality shows that its completly opposite :)

So chests having fixed loot increases RNG? Pls explain.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info