Stash Pages Cost... (info from Kripp Streams)

So.. i just finished listening Kripparian stream where Chris aswers LOT of questions and one thing hits me with brute force.

Why you GGG want to itemize basic UI features?
You dont want to sell power via your 'ethical microtransactions" (not so ethical with current vendor recipes btw) but you want sell UI features like stash pages organizing so you game can be played without frustration when i organize stash?

Chris said that both Pages naming/coloring and public pages will be microtransaction features... and every one feature will be another purchase! cmon....

So when i want to have ONE full featured stash page i must:
1. buy one stash page = 3$
2. buy naming ability for that page (1-1.5$ according to stream)
3. buy ability to use it in trading system (i guess another 1-1,5$)

So ONE STASH PAGE in POE will cost me 5-6$? Are you serious? And when you introduce something more later another 2$? Autorrangement in inventory maybe?

The prices are way too expensive when you do the math.
I can buy whole indie game for 5$ (or even bundle).
Torchlight 2 (20$) is eqiuvalent of 4 POE stash tabs (LOL).

Srsly... i dont care abourt cosmetical microtransactions.. you may sell crappy pets and flaming dildos for 50$ - i dont care but this one (if i must pay for each functionality separately) may be gamebreaker for me.
I dump in PoE 25$ already and i have planned to dump some more but today i was extremely dissapointed that i will be forced to pay again for ability to name a stash tab that i already buy for 3$. And then i will be forced to pay another cash to use again the same stash for trading.

/bleh..

Also if you planned something like this i know 100% sure that most of Item Shop item will be not account bound and soulbound so if you are good with paying three times for one stash tab i asume i must pay for extra gore for each of my chars?

Feel free to discuss but plz no ppl that dump 100$+ already - i bet that i know your opinion. ;)

Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 10, 2012, 5:35:17 PM
And yet, not one of those things is required to play the game and have fun.

GGG has invested a lot of time and money into making PoE, it is only fair that they be paid for their efforts as well.

They are offering up this game for FREE, they only sell convenience items if you choose to buy them.

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
My post its not about what is required and what is not required.

My post is about pricing and paying three times for basically the same thing.

I also would love to hear from devs about 'account bound' stuff etc...

"
GGG has invested a lot of time and money into making PoE, it is only fair that they be paid for their efforts as well.

And i already paid them for they affort more that i paid for example Runic for their effort wiht T2.
A but some stash tabs, i dont want to be forced to buy them again because they introduce ability to name them. Its simple.

Also:

"
They are offering up this game for FREE, they only sell convenience items if you choose to buy them.

Chrs said on stream that it will be propably required to pay to use trade system because it will be directly linked with public stash tabs. Its not convenience - its feature/content selling (for me).

Also:

"
plz no ppl that dump 100$+ already - i bet that i know your opinion. ;)

really
Would you rather the game not exist? They have to monetize it somehow.
"
LethalRose wrote:
Would you rather the game not exist? They have to monetize it somehow.

I have Kiwi Pack purchased - use your brain and guess.

Again... My post is about very specific microtransaction issues. Not about game being or not being F2P, not about paiyng GG for their efforts, not about microtransactions overall and all that stuff that above posters and i think next ones will try throw at me.

I have specific questions and it will be nice to get answers.
If not.. i will not cry - i just wait and se what it will look like and if it will look like Chris described in Kripp stream i will just move on to other game because i think something like that is greedy.
I can't find where in Kripp's stream Chris talks about this, so I can't really answer your questions - only Chris can clear up the matter.

But I would argue that you can play this game fine with only 4 stash pages and no other features. And $10~ for a few stash pages with bonus features is a pretty good deal.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
It would be well worth it if it allowed you to place items in there with a buyout price of your choosing and was connected to a web interface.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Game's free. Make multiple accounts, infinite stash tabs.
If you are that tight on money you really only have to think of it as $3 per tab because you do not need to name the tab or use it for trades when you can just take the items you want to trade and put in your inventory.
I agree with naming them and allowing for trade but come on $3 per stash seems fair seeing how it would make you spend less time and less hassle so people will buy the tabs and to help GGG developers out.

Just a bunch of QQ going on in here man...GGG should just keep doing what they are doing they are VERY FAIR I believe.
There is nothing stopping you from having a notepad file opened on a second monitor with the names of your tabs, or even having a physical notepad opened at your side penciling down the names of your tabs.

You can make an infinite number of accounts and each account will have four tabs readily available to you.

You're paying for convenience and fluff, which are generally a touch pricey. Personally I had no problem dumping $15 a month into a game like WoW, Aion, or Rift, and that would get me 5 new stash tabs a month. $3 really isn't a lot when you put it in context.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info