[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Ah yes.. try to get a ring/amulet with life leech :D
OR
spend 2 passive points to get the 1% life leech node in the Purity of Essence Circle. I did that long time ago when i had no life leech from my gear... it worked perfectly !
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
ATM i am using templar and running a facebreaker build,
do u think its much diffrenet then a duelist?, ur DPS is uch better then mine but i cant tell if its ebcause ur gem/abyssus setup or because skill tree ...
thanks in advance,
My facebreaker duelist is lvl 69 now. Dps is 20-21k with hatred but i have mana problems running infernal blow on mana leech. I keep running out of blue and have to use a potion now and then.

I have been thinking of ways to remedy this but not sure what the best approach is.

Currently in addition to my 1% mana leech i am using another ring with 50% mana regeneration and also lvl 1 clarity which seem to be enough to let me spam infernal blow indefinitely without ever running out of mana.

With this ring i am losing 10% resistances and some life though so it doesn't feel like a permanent solution.

Oh and i also had to get mana flows which is another 2 points i could have put elsewhere.

Anyone else having problems keeping up with mana when using infernal blow? It does cost 72 mana to use. Blood magic is tempting but as greedy as i am i don't wanna lose damage by taking out added fire.

Another question: Is my dps ok with bringer of rain setup? I don't know how to increase it further to be honest.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 23, 2013, 3:19:04 PM
@erani
Templar is a good class for this build.. so you should do fine..
And the damage .. well... i have pretty much the maximum possible flat physical dps from rings and amulet + meginord's girdle + abyssus + 6linked chest with 20/20 gems in it... if you have my gear you'll do pretty much the same damage ;)

@kompaniet
I have no idea why you have mana problems.. i have less mana related nodes/bonuses from gear... and i don't run out of mana... os realy that's a mistery for me
Your damage is fine... i had around 32k with BoR( i think.. i really don't remember the exact numbers anymore) So with BoR you can increase you damage if your rings/amulet have the highest possible flat physical damage ; if your hatred is level 20, and if your gems are 20/20%
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@erani
Templar is a good class for this build.. so you should do fine..
And the damage .. well... i have pretty much the maximum possible flat physical dps from rings and amulet + meginord's girdle + abyssus + 6linked chest with 20/20 gems in it... if you have my gear you'll do pretty much the same damage ;)

@kompaniet
I have no idea why you have mana problems.. i have less mana related nodes/bonuses from gear... and i don't run out of mana... os realy that's a mistery for me
Your damage is fine... i had around 32k with BoR( i think.. i really don't remember the exact numbers anymore) So with BoR you can increase you damage if your rings/amulet have the highest possible flat physical damage ; if your hatred is level 20, and if your gems are 20/20%

well you probably do double my dps and have a 2% mana leech ring. that alone should explain why you have no mana problems. the more damage you do the more you leech.

i do 1000-2000 physical damage with ib (dps on skill is 21k). that's 1500 average physical damage. 1% of that is 15.
so i only leech 15 mana/sec while ib takes 72 mana to use. If this is correct mathemathics i am missing 57 mana to replenish.

unless the 1% mana leech is multiplied by 3 times from multistrike in which case i leech 45 mana with each ib multistrike. in that case i still need to replenish 27 mana before next swing to stay even with mana use.

not sure how to calculate this so i am doing it by trial and error. also i don't think hatred will help with leech as that damage is cold damage and leech only works for physical damage.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 23, 2013, 8:53:09 PM
Actualy my ring has only 1% mana leech ;)
But yes more damage is more leech
And yes Multistrike counts the leech 3 times while it spends mana for only one cast.
BTW don't forget that damage dealt by your splash counts too

And i've mentioned Hatred related to this:
"Is my dps ok with bringer of rain setup? I don't know how to increase it further to be honest."
and not related to your mana problems :)

So maybe you are right and you have problems because you have less physical damage.
Try the Mana flows node first. It might be just enough
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Actualy my ring has only 1% mana leech ;)
But yes more damage is more leech
And yes Multistrike counts the leech 3 times while it spends mana for only one cast.
BTW don't forget that damage dealt by your splash counts too

And i've mentioned Hatred related to this:
"Is my dps ok with bringer of rain setup? I don't know how to increase it further to be honest."
and not related to your mana problems :)

So maybe you are right and you have problems because you have less physical damage.
Try the Mana flows node first. It might be just enough

No mana flows alone is not alone. I wrote this in my previous post. I have been doing some testing yesterday and found out i need the following stats with 20k+ dps to keep up with mana.

2% mana leech
Mana flows
Clarity gem lvl 1

With these 3 items i can attack indefinitely with infernal blow. If i take out one of these i run out of mana attacking Dominus for example. I chose dominus as my test subject because he has a rather high life pool and you can easily see if you can keep up. Now the problem is of course maps with half regen. I see no way of compensating for those other than relying on atleast 1 mana potion. But maybe this is normal?

A fun fact i wanted to mention is that if you use dominating blow the best maps are in fact maps with BLOOD MAGIC mod. You save a gem and can put in life leech or added fire for more leech or damage.

Really like this build. Never gets old blowing up things or stomping everything with 50 minions :D

One more thing. I am only lvl 71 yet. It's possible i am missing something i will get later when i am lvl 80+ that will help out regarding mana problems. Like the mana regen skill Shaper just above the big scion life cluster.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 24, 2013, 7:06:55 AM
Well i'm glad that you've found the golden spot for your mana.
When you get more Damage you can try and get rid of the Mana flows.
Hello. I love your build.
Heres my gear
Spoiler

I have 24k dps with Hatred and 7k armor. How about using tabula rasa + abyssus helm?
I've never tried it... but i don't think that it would be a good idea. You'll have very low armour and that's bad with Abyssus. Furthermore you're going to have resist problems and since nor Abyssus nor Tabula Rasa has life you'll take a hit to your life pool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info