[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I stopped playing with this build for a short period, cuz I didnt get exciting loot, the highest was Tabula rasa on farming Dominus. So I decided to make a Scion summoner char. It was so boring, so slow, my minions died too easily, even with Q20 gems. I spent so many currencies and time trying to build it, no freaking result as wanted.I didnt enjoy it at all. So I decided to return to facebraker char et wanted to add mf to it. Guess what? Its amazing!
For those who think this char cant have mf without sacrificing dps, resist or life, you're wrong! Of course, we wont have as much mf as mfers, due to gear restrictions, but I can still have a decent amount. I have 40 IIQ and 80 IIR. Before, I got around 5 rares with Dominus, now I get around 12, sometimes 17. This build is so easily to customize, the nodes are all close!!!
Here's my passive tree:

My resists are max, my life is around 4.5k, dps is 16k with hatred.
Here are my gears:
Spoiler

I got the amulet, 2 rings and boots, all for 1 ex. The changes I made didnt affect my dps, life nor resist. Now I enjoy even more playing with this char!

Thanks KorgothBG for this great guide, thumbs up!
@DreamE
Get rid of your Shield and buy a Crest of Perandus (1-2 chaos orbs)
Blocks > Armour .. it's actualy around 175.23 times better ;)
And yes Abyssus can work with your gear - just avoid reflect maps and hard hitting physical boss maps for now ;)

@lamwire
Yes theoreticly it's compleatle possible to have very nice MF with this build.. i never did and i've never tried because... well i only do maps and i don't really care about loot ( i never cared actualy )
I'm glad that it worked out for you :)

But really at this point i can say that ( and i don't want to sound arrogant ) only very few builds can really solo the end-game content ( level 75+ maps ) and this is one of those builds. That's really sad actualy.. i've done some many builds ... leveled so many characters ... spent so many currency and time... just to find out that fact. Due to this i'm mostly spending my PoE time in the forums... it's boring (atleast for me) to play with only one build and i don't have the urge to reach level 100 or acumulate massive amounts of currency. I really hope that GGG does something for that...

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic.. just wanted to share my thoughts on that problem somewhere... and i don't want to open a thread in Game Discussions because i'm tired to see people who claim that they can "clear every map" but never really did any maps above level 70 and i'm tired to argue with people who created their acount this month and never did any maps (not even level 66) but still believe that they know everything and think that their 2.5k DPS FireBall Witch(it's an example) can faceroll anything...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 22, 2013, 2:00:13 AM
I did not know that block would be better than armor :x
I've found an Chernobog's Pillar now, but so Crest of Perandus will be a better shild till I could afford a Lioneye's Remorse
Spoiler

I was afraid of dying with Abyssus increased Physical damage taken, for not being tank enough lol
I've died in the first two build I tried, so Im trying to play more safe now, but I haven't come close to dying yet

So Ill get a Crest of Perandus and go on with Abyssus o/

Thanks again!
I'm really happy with this build :D
I almost cry on this kind of detailed Build topic thank you!
It's quite true what u said about end game builds. I read so many guides about cheap builds, gear independent, farm speed(without saying how fast), etc. A lot of builds can finish merciless in a reasonable time, if builded well, and could go for 66-68 normal-magic maps. With Rare maps, it's another story. It's just a matter of DPS really, and getting a 400 DPS weapon is not easy.
"
DreamE wrote:
I did not know that block would be better than armor :x
I've found an Chernobog's Pillar now, but so Crest of Perandus will be a better shild till I could afford a Lioneye's Remorse
Spoiler

I was afraid of dying with Abyssus increased Physical damage taken, for not being tank enough lol
I've died in the first two build I tried, so Im trying to play more safe now, but I haven't come close to dying yet

So Ill get a Crest of Perandus and go on with Abyssus o/

Thanks again!
I'm really happy with this build :D

Add this:
"
lamwire wrote:
It's quite true what u said about end game builds. I read so many guides about cheap builds, gear independent, farm speed(without saying how fast), etc. A lot of builds can finish merciless in a reasonable time, if builded well, and could go for 66-68 normal-magic maps. With Rare maps, it's another story. It's just a matter of DPS really, and getting a 400 DPS weapon is not easy.

Exactly!
I really hope that they do something about the spells in particular... because right now the only really end-game viable spell is Discharge and Etheral Knives... everything else just lacks the DPS.
Low DPS = slower killing speed = more likely to get yourself killed
We'll see how the new lighting spell will be .. but i don't have high hopes for it...

I remember the times when melee builds were unplayable in end-game.. now it's the opposite.. pretty much all end-game viable builds are melee ones.

But i have faith in GGG! They'll fix that... some day...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 22, 2013, 5:38:50 PM
Been leveling up a char the last couple of days. Great build and so much fun....

I'm not so keen on multistrike, I often find myself punching the last two times into thin air due the high DPS of this build. I chose faster attacks over multistrike, seems like I have a bit more control over the character.
Well you'll see why Multistrike is a must when you start fighting bosses on higher difficulties. Basicly you don't need faster attack vs trash mobs too.. you just oneshot them... but when it comes to bosses you need to able to hit them many times as fast as you can in order to kill them fast enough. With all that said in the end multistrike provides more attack speed than the Faster Attacks gem.. but hey.. the best thing is to use them both! Like me :)
It's possible to run this build with decent MF gears.

I'm now sitting at 39%IIQ and 67%IIR, with another divination distillate

here's my gears:
Spoiler

I have a Lioneye's Remorse but somehow I find that life leech on Crest of Perandus is more important for me, to facetank dominus (wooden pc, i have to facetank him lol).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info