[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Tempest shield is not a counter attack. It's a buff that deals damage when you block. I know it sounds very similar but it's actually an entirely different thing :)
Anyway you can use Reckoning and Riposte and they'll both trigger at the same time if the damage source is in the Riposte range. Because of the range thing you'll notice that reckoning is triggering much more frequent and that's because it will be triggered by ranged monsters even if you are not that close to them ( unlike riposte ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Ah okay, thanks for the quick answer!
Having great time with build!
Currently level 50, but I am wondering what I am doing wrong, since my DPS 2.5k on stat menu, 2k on cyclone and 4.3k on infernal blow (Hatred and herald of ash used)....Any help would be greatly appreciated.
*Edit, following the duelist link tree provided, with the 10 skill point intervals)
Items:
Spoiler

Last edited by Realshing on Mar 23, 2015, 2:41:03 PM
You are not doing anything wrong for level 50 4.3k dps is way more than what you need. But to increase that damage .. you know ... the usual things ... more flat damage on your jewelry, more links etc. etc. ... just level up .. when you but an abyssus ( or BoR ) on your DPS will skyrocket.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh, okay. I thought I was doing something wrong since you had so much more dps at this point, but I guess I am doing fine then. Thank you very much!
I am level 89 facebreaker but my facebreaker is only 733 and with my equipe now i have cyclone (5 link chest) only 25000. If i find standar facebreaker 950 or more 25000 arrive 50000 and i can find someone who sell me facebreaker 950 for 5 exalted (all i have)?
t
It's funny how people these days think of 25k cyclone as "not enough" :P
Anyway if you have 25k with your facebreakers 950% won't double it .. not by a long shot
The section "The Facebreaker strapped mitts" has new art because i was never really happy with the old one.

Also i've corrected some typos.

Also i wanted to brag a bit with my:

Spoiler

:P

P.S.
Now i've got nothing to do until 1.4 :(
Can't wait!
Changed the "Leveling log" section art.

Added and changed some small things.

Also from time to time i receive the question why my DPS is "only" around 45k with cyclone.
Now that is because anything above 40k cyclone DPS is completely unnecessary. More damage than that has close to no effect on your clearing speed, makes you more prone to reflect and in order to get that dps you have to sacrifice defenses so that effectively makes you less tankier.
And from my experience and in my opinion at high character level when you have to grind 2-3 hours in level 77-78 maps ( and at some point you run out of those ) just to get 1-2% exp your first priority is to stay alive because you don't want to risk loosing 10+ hours gameplay and countless of 77-78 maps just so that you can kill the boss for 3 seconds instead of 4 and to brag around the forums that your DPS tooltip is high.

Once again i'll remind you that if you play in a party things are different because you'll never have enough damage.. but again .. in high levels survivability > damage.

So just to show you what damage you can get with my proposed tree ( which is extremely defensive .. you can get rid of some block/life regen/life and get more physical damage and attack speed to bost your DPS even further) but with more offensive oriented gear i've prepared 2 screenshots - one without flasks and one with flasks. I've used The great old one's ward shield instead of Lioneye's Remorse, Haste aura instead of Determination, and Added fire damage instead of Increased Area of Effect ( due to different chest colors i've simulated that by putting the added fire damage instead of blood magic... if you want to use it just change the colors to RRRGGB and use the added fire damage gem instead of the inc AoE one )

without flasks
Spoiler

with flasks
Spoiler
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Also from time to time i receive the question why my DPS is "only" around 45k with cyclone.
Now that is because anything above 40k cyclone DPS is completely unnecessary. More damage than that has close to no effect on your clearing speed, makes you more prone to reflect and in order to get that dps you have to sacrifice defenses so that effectively makes you less tankier.

I'm not sure why anyone would question why your dps is low. Even reading the thread just a little shows you favor defense more than anything else. But I entirely disagree when you say more damage is unnecessary. Big cyclone damage with EP tied to HoA allows you to tap one guy in a group and continue on while the rest melt. You don't use that setup and I agree more then 50k doesn't add a lot when you don't. If you did you easily notice the difference in clear speed as you up your damage.

Your high block with reckoning helps offset that a bit but it's still painstaking watching you chase down mobs in your video as they run away.

Hell, suggesting a perpetual quicksilver flask of adrenaline alone would increase clear speed more than almost anything else. Losing out on 25-30% run speed costs you a ton of time in comparison to damage dealt.

Last edited by kan333 on Apr 3, 2015, 12:35:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info