[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I've already posted the tree that i'll probably use ... somewhere ... ok here it is:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmSsV7LkdhNnKkL2BvTZHfr6nZU3Bgi_MtooFLXrvdO2E72LsYEsn1cC_QKBeE6yvDPeplTJOG5cVICzpytMZtKQ50IFH4iLiCTPRNm6qSsg_JypN2L01krXy_o9TpQxfHKfGrrc-_grvDlBH5FFnm64-d-M8LT38jM_2SF8_FCDEWFhjGj7p1Xk5fuJ82fcycqnE9s9-dqzqGPuqBjkkiz0PUWDzBmjyr2xM_wSzogDwH-98n9_AZsAaWfOsqicvkFUaOGTnFy_60mae42oWbzbpJKr-VA3NK1AczuIs

So the downside of the 1.3 tree is that if you are using abyssus you'll end up with around 58% block chance, if you are using BoR you'll be close to max block chance but you'll lose damage.

The good part is that the tree provides more and easier ways to cap your resistances and you'll get a lot more X% increased physical damage and a lot more armour. The extra physical damage that the tree gives us makes the Cyclone skill probably the best option for a Facebreaker Build.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@CreamAle
What can i say ... your % maximum life is too low. don't look atthat "flat" life in the offline builder .. it is based on your strength+level+life on the tree ... and it's pretty much the same for everybody.
Having high evasion is cool but there are some downisdes! With no armour/low and if you are going to use Abyssus if you fail to dodge/block .. it will hurt .. a lot ! And of course with Resolute technique you can't evade your own attacks so reflect will be very deadly if you fail to block it. The tree doesn't look bad overall .. but i'd consider ditching Berserking and perhaps some % physical nodes in order to get more block. If you are not going to cyclone X% physical damage are not worth it at all .. and even if you do use cyclone you don't need that many of them to get enough DPS to insta-kill.. anything above that is points wasted.

this is both ar and ev. it should be over 10k on both as my shield has pretty high ar/ev
as for life, from this point on things like celerity would be replaced for life or even drop some shield def for life..another thing, i have a coil colored for this build already. so even physical wont be TOO bad.. but like i said, gonna try it anyways.
Well the shield comment was for MagnusPienna .. :)

Anyway .. my main suggestions still are : more life, more block.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 7, 2014, 1:29:22 PM
Here's some hype for the 1.3, by all calculations, it should buff us facebreakers considerably. I'm sitting at 53k cyclone tooltip right now, and I expect this to go to around 65k in 1.3.

I'm running a 20 seconds self cast immortal call with Abysuss so I have no need for armor and evasion passives. Block is just there for the situation where I don't get my IC up in time, and in 1.3 it will mainly be taken for the new %inc phys while wearing a shield passives.

HoA+Prolif is used to compensate for rather small Cyclone range (conc effect used without IAE), and works wonders. Damage done is already insane so even without crit, the prolif'ed damage is high enough to kill mobs of screen.

Can't wait for new patch.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAuR2nn5-jAdzi6r6KhNlhIXgNL8xHfoTvEuGpbsGCvTZ07bXybEZlTXrvbqo1knJsvqcFLUrIX5j-j9i9MglgS1ltTeP-Cl4TzzKmV7c-8kVAoDGeOuHGrsC_PC0Ehx2-xPZM_4-ZM4dyqT0Pr2wyTgPurKr3MhzOaPIbl1nz6hh82StQ8B-sr58-wBp2rA3NogAt0maeGjjPfv5UBLP60pBVrY3AZhcvFm8nL9lhn99k5-NqVw3vfFXW0iGRzoCkns277enVpzB5OfKcfuJulxo-977yL18_FCDvDlBH5FE=
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 7, 2014, 2:11:54 PM
Last edited by rickah on Dec 8, 2014, 11:14:13 AM
There's a new 1.3 skill tree out, Korgot what's ur thoughts on that?
Well i'm still going with the previous old-new-1.3

The soul and steel looks promising .. but it's just not worth the extra passive points spent to get it.
Other than that .. the changes are .. minimal .. it is indeed slightly better tho .. +1% increased life from the duelist area passive nodes, +4% increased evasion and armour, 2% increased physical damage.
The more impactful changes are the 5% life that Heart of the Warrior now gives, and the 8 mana on block for the Testudo passive which will be helpful for those who cast with mana, oh and the extra 10 int which mana flows now gives ( also ok for mana users ). Other than that.. i don't see any big changes for this build compared to the previous version of the 1.3.0 passive skill tree.

Oh and the barbarism circle was buffed right ? +1% life for the small nodes ?

P.S.
I really like the idea behind new Bloodletting circle, not that it affects facebreakers in any way of course .. but still .. it's a nice addition to the passive skill tree. :)

EDIT: slight changes should be made for the Infernal blow users tho .. instead of going with all the X% physical damage nodes in the beginning of the duelist tree i think it would be better to take:
1st node - 14 life, 14% ipd
2nd node - 12% ipd
3th node - 6% EV/AR, 4% life ( instead of 12% ipd which would probably be better for Cyclone )
5th node - 6% EV/AR, 4% life ( instead of 12% ipd which would probably be better for Cyclone )
6th node - 10% ipd
7th node - Master of the arena

Same goes for the Defiance circle. For IB probably it would be better to get the 40% shield defense node instead of the 12% ipd while holding a shield ... because really ... X% physical damage for infernal blow does so little ...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2014, 9:01:28 AM
Oh and i'm not sure about the profane chemistry circle ... 4 nodes for 15% life and 60% life flask recovery ... where for the same passive skill points i can just get 20% life ( 5% more ) or 18% EV/AR + 19% life.
So i guess the question is:
Is 60% life flask recovery better than
1. +5% increased max life?
2. +4% increased life; +18% EV/AR?

What do you guys think about that ?
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 9, 2014, 9:06:16 AM
Profane chemistry is bloody OP. And it's worth going for even if you won't be going all the way up to sentinel.

The instant flasks have saved my life way too many times to even think about not taking it. The ability to instantly recover half your life is not to be taken lightly.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Well to be honest that's what i was thinking too.
Thanks for the opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info