[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Thanks for this guide, i am having alot of fun with it!
What a fantastic guide dude, mad props.

Ive developed a skill tree for a ranger, simply because of the increased damage and attack speed. If greatly appreciate if you could look into my plan:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sB0f4JJyGVyJuNCC4C0HSu21XTft-YYloknf66fXXvegqb5wp46_zF7g6jitfLt9M94taKfyt311b6BbWNv1FHMHzUIzpCS3jdqDBxwdWkeN742j0i6ujWCSEbl1INYQapNEsKwzqbtc96shkyAZsmt9kWvw-rUzXLveaBtUhtbEp9h3ZnoOIsCTPRNhUgLOndDSpNyPBxsEQNwA_V7WqTGbTK09JNvqeE2W5pbIydqjY9Yqwj9k2SjX0=

As you can see, it has more attack speed, more damage, ondars, pha-acrobatics, enough block and all that stuff. Do you think it'd be suitable for endgame? It needs more life nodes, but i could easily switch out some nodes or grab them later
Last edited by aitalar on Nov 27, 2014, 3:38:26 PM
I've tried an acrobatic facebreaker awhile ago.

I do have some problems with it in general .. but i'll talk about it later.

Now about your tree ... well.. what can i say ... first of all you have very few life nodes .. 80% is not enough at all! For instance i have 214% and i think that it's still not enough! Second - you don't have enough block nodes to cap it and since you are going for evasion you really need capped block to keep you safe vs physical damage ( and vs reflect ).
The good think is that you have acrobatics to help a bit with that.
Another problem that i have is the huge amount of passives spent for mana nodes .. you don't need that much at all... Actually just Mind Drinker might be more than enough ( especially if you have some mana leech or mana regen on your gear )
The faster attacks and % physical damage nodes ( for which you are actually doing this skill tree ) are just not that impactful in a facebreaker build. The % Physical damage is worth it only if you are going to use Cyclone ( which you are not planning to do judging by the mana nodes ) and the attack speed nodes... they are just not worth the passives invested in them. Basically what you are doing is sacrificing huge amounts of survivability for very little dps gain .. not a good deal!

And what i don't like in such a build in general ( ranger/shadow evasion + acrobatics FB ) is htat you can't get resolute technique because 1. it's too far away and 2. you can't evade your own reflected attacks with it. Without RT your chance to hit will suffer greatly because you can't get extra accuracy from your gloves,weapon,helmet .. and to worry about it on rings and amulet is a huge pain .. because you already have to worry for so many mods that you need on those gear pieces. And because you'll lack the chance to hit you'll lose DPS ...

So in the end you'll end up with a character that is not that tanky and with less DPS ...

Personally i would love to play a max block + acrobatics + evasion + RT Facebreaker build but it seems that at this points it's just not as viable .. and probably it will never be because .. well... RT + evasion doesn't work well.

Of course i'll encourage you to try it for yourself but that's my opinion based on my experience with similar build and with FB builds in general.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for your answer mate, really appreciate that.

"
first of all you have very few life nodes .. 80% is not enough at all! For instance i have 214% and i think that it's still not enough!

I know that. But thats because life builds get hit way more, i had a phacrobatics shadow and he had way less issues handling atziri because he evaded alot of stuff. overall i had better survivability at all.

RT: i plan on adding a 20% additional accuracy gem instead of multistrike or blood magic, since ill be getting alot of mana on kill anyway. add acc adds 40% damage on 20%, so i its safe to swap out multistrike imho. leaving out BM means 100% less mana used.

with the acc gem my shadow had 100% hit chance with similar nodes.

ah ill just try it :D
Good luck!
Post results later i'm curious to see how it went :)

P.S. Acrobatics and evasion doesn't exclude high life values ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 27, 2014, 4:32:24 PM
Are you selling legacy breakers by any chance? (for cheap :D) i only got 797% ones
Sorry mate i don't.
I'm using this guide to test facebreakers during the Oneweekrace.
When should I stop using foxshade to get a bettter chest ? (level 41 atm)
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR
Well whenever you actually have a better chest.
You can use it for quite some time actually... you can reach merciless without switching it to another chest that's for sure.
I prefer to use

which makes you pretty immortal on any map, cant remember reflect since i havent played him for a while.
Also using a CWDT, Ice Nova, IAoE, Blind combination to reduce damage, which is usually not really needed.

Currently reconsidering the Gems used though
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Dec 2, 2014, 7:10:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info