[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey bathristowow!
The gloves can drop ... absolutely anywhere, there is no specific places for that. The only way to "make" unique items is by using orb of chance on a white item of the same type as the desired unique but i don't recommend that because you'll waste more orbs of chance than the actual value of the gloves.
The easiest way is to buy them from another player. Once when you have a chaos orb ( or two ) just type in the trade chat what you want to buy you'll get a response pretty fast. Try to get gloves with as much % unarmed damage as possible (800% is the max for the nerfed version of the gloves )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
I can't really say mate .. those two entirely different builds ... it's like comparing Righteus fire marauder with crit flicker strike shadow ... it's like comparing mountain water to coffee ... it's like comparing .. i think you've got the idea...

A BoR IB facebreaker can reach around 40k DPS with proper gear .. and if you can afford legacy soul taker you can afford proper gear.

P.S. Dude you really have or you can afford a legacy soul taker? It's around 200 exalts in Hardcore .. that's .... insane...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 25, 2014, 2:48:26 PM
"
Catcrafter wrote:
I am having trouble with reaching dps levels that you guys have, can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? I am currently hitting only 19k dps. Next 8 nodes I must take are health nodes so I can have atleast 4-5-5k health on level 80. Thanks!

This is my build and my tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQz3FFIWbxcvG_odFCSqJd8nLyftMZ4yCTWSNuk8LUTnR35KyE3jT31RYFXWWfNeH18_X8pgS2EhZOdlTWaeZ5tqHmwWbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTtd-N4DXrvfNl-4oBWgKSE2YTvhxmZK6C0pBmkrKZXqBipbqmVrKquPrXytz68n72Bvoq-p8APwBrEuMT2xq7STdX42L3d0eLq42rjn-RR6dXvDvIv8wb60vuq_Ev-Cv6P

I posted the typical dps with different setups on page 129. But remove life leech gem and your dps will increase. Also how much strength do you have? You get 1% dmg for every 5 points.

"
kompaniet wrote:
I decided to share a little information what you can expect with different setups.
Perhaps someone will find it interesting when shopping for gear.

Here is some typical gear i used when testing.

Spoiler

Only hatred lvl 20 active. No other buffs.
I used the q20 gems and items linked above unless otherwise stated.

Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb: 40319 dps
Abyssus + 5L (w/o fa) + Legacy fb: 29212 dps

Abyssus + 6L + Normal fb: 32858 dps
Abyssus + 5L (w/o fa) + Normal fb: 23806 dps

Legacy bor + Legacy fb: 28783 dps
Legacy bor + Normal fb: 23438 dps

I don't have a normal bor to use for testing. So i will just use abyssus with lower fa levels to show the difference (That's the only difference between the two items)

Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 17/q20 fa(51 ias): 40319 dps
Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 15 fa(39 ias): 37695 dps
Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 1 fa(25 ias): 34722 dps

As illustrated above the lower level fa on normal bor vs legacy bor (-6% ias) should not be a deterrent. It will never be noticable.

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 25, 2014, 2:26:58 PM
And some numbers ( actually a screenshot ) from me regarding BoR Infernal Blow
With my gear which is close to perfect when it comes to damage and at my level with legacy 1000% facebreakers + legacy BoR these are the numbers that i'm getting

Spoiler

With "perfect" physical damage rolls on your rings/amulet ( and i'm not bringing in possible % increased attack speed or % fire damage from them ) and with taken another 6% attack speed + 10% physical damage from the tree ( taken at level 92,93 or later ) you can get 40k IB DPS ( that's with melee splash of course )
Hi KorgothBG and hi everyone...
Sorry for my bad english, i'd really like to thank you for this work.
I've started playing a fb character without following a guide (already had melee pg and know the basic way), but in last week i've foud some really good tips from your guide, u made a really great work.

I post my gear and my stats, i'm currently using frenzy

(for farm setup)

Right now i have the IIR/IIQ setup cause i'm levelling on 74+ maps and the idea that i can drop some uniques is not bad!
Anyway i'm running with 6000 HP, 74block, 53% phys red (+5 charges), 42kdps with 6 frenzy c(51k with atziri's flask) - obv res capped, 5% life leech from gear

My tree http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtC2EM9xLhFE0UUho4G8gb-iSqJd8nLyftNZI26TwtPeI9_EMxR35KfU4qT31RYFb6WGNZ81oaW69eE14fXz9fymBLYSFlTWaeZ6Bqk2wWbmlyqXTteA15aHrvfNl-4oBWhNmE74cZh3aMz5BVmSugtKIAo4qkGaeEqW6playqrK-vbLXytkG3PrfTvJ-9gb3mvoq-p8APwBrBBMOGxBXE9sWKxq7G2NJN1e3Xy9i93Q3jauOf55Hp1e4O7w7wH_MG9kj5Y_rS-6r8S_zF_go=

In my non farming setup i have two vaal haste gems+inc duration+vaal immortal call
I think is a tip can help someone, vaal haste give 40% attack speed (+ movement speed), and with inc duration work for 8-9 seconds, so i finally have another 10K DPS boost for the bosses. And vaal immortal call...can always be useful in extree situation!

Generally i can also suggest to avoid phys reflect map with boss that need saffell swap (Crematorium, Necropolis), they become really dangerous without the chance to block, especially if u use phys attack like me (frenzy)

I still have to try Atziri and i i've done just one time dominus 78 map (dying 6 times :) Next step is buy a CarcassJack, start using cyclnoe and follow your way through Atzri :)

Last edited by Lykaion on Sep 26, 2014, 2:14:33 AM
Last edited by Rauvagol on Sep 30, 2014, 8:22:15 PM
The main reason is the lack of a 6L chest an thus the lack of Multistrike .. which will increase your DPS with around 15k. For me the difference between 5L with no multistrike and 6L with multistrike is 17.5k DPS
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 1, 2014, 1:36:04 AM
Hey Korgoth, great guide, I really appreciate the amount of detail you put into it. I'm trying this build out, but as I level I find my dps to be very minimal, and so I'm leveling with Geofri's Baptism until I figure out what I need to do , and when I need to do it, to optimize the facebreakers alone. Unfortunately the 2h is less than optimal for safety when playing HC... so just wanted to know your suggestions on leveling

(currently level 27, running hatred aura, using IB + Melee splash, approx 220 dps with facebreakers and 507 with the Geofri's)
"
zacmax wrote:

(currently level 27, running hatred aura, using IB + Melee splash, approx 220 dps with facebreakers and 507 with the Geofri's)

You are likely not using jewelry with flat phys (Meginord's Girdle being best in slot). Even iron rings help quite a bit as it will scales much more than with geofri's baptism.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info