[0.10.0] Low-Life/Pain Attunement Caster Shadow

"
Rilakai wrote:
I'm really loving this build and plan on running a flavor in OB. Couple questions if ya can spare some time:

Have you thought about any ways to add lightning to this build for the Shock factor?
This is a mechanics questions, but can the Added Lightning support gem cause the shock effect if it were added to the Freezing Pulse link?
If so, would it be worth it over say the crit support gem?
If not, can you think of anything else that would synergize with lightning well? Maybe on the totem or pets somehow?

I'm also planning on grouping with friends for most of my play time and I think this build looks pretty group friendly, would you agree?
Would you make any specific tweaks with group play in mind?

As you seem pretty experienced with a variety of builds, how would you rate this one's overall effectiveness and potential DPS?

Thanks for the awesome ideas!

If you want to add lightning you'll have to use the added lightning damage support gem. And yes it can cause the shock effect if you crit. The thing about added lightning damage is that it has a mana cost multiplier of 140% which makes it an expensive support to use.

If you really want to go lightning, the Spark spell will probably be a better option.

Yup this build is pretty group friendly. In terms of tweaks.. I don't think I will because double curses is already in it and will definitely be very useful in groups.

To be honest, after experimenting with the cold-to-fire gem I don't find it as effective as I once thought it would be. It makes for very nice graphical effects and burning crits but DPS-wise its not the best. I'll probably give it a 6 on that count.

I will review this build come OB and make a few changes where necessary. A complete overhaul is quite likely.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I have decided to change this entire build into a pain attunement/low life build in view of the recent changes, especially the chaos resistance on gear changes.

Finished build: Pain Attunement/Low Life FP Caster

Will elaborate more on what the gameplay/gear choices and skill tree progression will involve tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

P.S. will update the spork build tmr as well
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 23, 2013, 8:50:29 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:

Will elaborate more on what the gameplay/gear choices and skill tree progression will involve tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Let me guess, the idea is to basically be CI but replacing it with tons of chaos resist so you can have a life total above one to sac to blood magic auras to turn on Pain Attunement/various uniques(Redbeak)?
"
"
Invalesco wrote:

Let me guess, the idea is to basically be CI but replacing it with tons of chaos resist so you can have a life total above one to sac to blood magic auras to turn on Pain Attunement/various uniques(Redbeak)?

yup! not just that, i intend to build this build around Ondar's Flight unique boots so that my mana can act as a buffer for damage as well

edit: mistook the mana mod as mana shield, apparently it's gained as mana. Gonna have to wait for more uniques to be found before I can plan the build around them
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 24, 2013, 8:29:57 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
"
Invalesco wrote:

yup! not just that, i intend to build this build around Ondar's Flight unique boots so that my mana can act as a buffer for damage as well

edit: mistook the mana mod as mana shield, apparently it's gained as mana. Gonna have to wait for more uniques to be found before I can plan the build around them

Hee, got a question for you. Even since CB I wanted to play this but for some reason I waited till OB. I've read your former replies but this is still viable right? (the hp version)

How are you spawning 16 zombies(4 per click) without the passive?
IGN: _Jacky
nvm.
Last edited by Cydin on Jan 25, 2013, 1:53:31 AM
This build looks very interesting, will you be making a full guide on it?
Heya guys, this build as it is is probably not as viable as it once was due to the nerf to CI. the HP version will still work, if you go for HP instead.

My intention though is to change it to a low-life build once i get the time. A little busy atm coz of university deadlines. I'll get back to it once I get the time :)
Build of the Week 14
Your original build isn't viable or the new low hp/pain attunement one im currently experimenting with a variation of the cold one , will let you know how i get on..
IGN CriBz/HoeNo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info