[0.10.0] Low-Life/Pain Attunement Caster Shadow

It feels like a Witch would be able to pull off this build with much more efficiency, Shadow casters seem get the back seat when it comes to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Mana passive locations compared to Witch and Templar.

Maybe it's because there is Dagger and Claw passives in the intelligence section above Shadow, which are suppose to be Dexterity...
Last edited by Conduitx on Dec 20, 2012, 8:25:04 AM
"
Conduitx wrote:
It feels like a Witch would be able to pull off this build with much more efficiency, Shadow casters seem get the back seat when it comes to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Mana passive locations compared to Witch and Templar.

Maybe it's because there is Dagger and Claw passives in the intelligence section above Shadow, which are suppose to be Dexterity...

That is true, but you'll come to realise that most high level caster builds, be it witch or shadow won't really differ by much. Classes only define where you start on the skildrasil after all, and nothing's stopping you from branching into another class' tree!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
So if that's the case, is there any reason for a new person wanting to try this build to take the Shadow instead of the Witch?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
So if that's the case, is there any reason for a new person wanting to try this build to take the Shadow instead of the Witch?

Shadows have pants.
Last edited by Jozen on Jan 1, 2013, 9:37:00 PM
"
Jozen wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Shadows have pants.

So, no? :p
livejamie
Few reasons why I prefer shadow:

1. Easier to level due to the proximity of nice HP nodes
2. Close proximity of global crit nodes at start which benefit both attacks and spells which is useful coz melee/bow damage tends to outdps spells in act1 normal. - aids in faster leveling and boss killing aka Brutus/merveill
3. Shadows get LMP as a quest reward, which is THE most important support gem for FP users. Witches don't. Easier than having to pay loads at the start to trade for LMP especially when most players are broke anyway when just starting out on a first character.
4. Shadows are simply put, cooler and don't make certain high pitched annoying sounds when fighting ;) also, I love the voice acting when u kill the unique bosses
Build of the Week 14
Hey, I'm using a fairly similar build, but I'm using GMP instead of LMP.

It's a little more difficult to hit single mobs with every pulse, but the overall DPS is higher than with LMP.

Am I missing something here? Is LMP better for some other reason?
Ingame name - Zatharid
"
FlamingSheep wrote:
Hey, I'm using a fairly similar build, but I'm using GMP instead of LMP.

It's a little more difficult to hit single mobs with every pulse, but the overall DPS is higher than with LMP.

Am I missing something here? Is LMP better for some other reason?

GMP provides better DPS when shot gunning. I just prefer LMP because it's a quest reward hence easier to get, plus the mana cost multiplier is lower. But if you can get your hands on a GMP, why not?
Build of the Week 14
Hey Invalesco, I've been working on a build which is fairly similar to you:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0OSA_EEHsRLxFQEZYWvxnXHhooKisKLL8s4S0fMFQ7fDvhRwZW6lb1WqZfam0ZcFJwVnDVdYp9435Zf8aH24hCiGuLeowLjRmOipAbl9CZV5mamhOiLqKjpn-nK6c0rGaxs7TFtUi297jKuT65fLvWvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNt1AXYdtsa227b1NzH3YzgEuL344Tp_utj7LDtQfPq9Uv_kw==

Just a few questions: With the nerf of Chaos Inoculation do you think that this build will not be as effective and we will have to allocate nodes into life and try to find life leech gear?
What Auras do you think are nescarry... Clarity? I feel spamming lightning strike will make us Mana starved
Final question... How do you think this build will do in Open Beta without much gear?

~Vulpen/HairyLemon

EDIT1: Wrong Forum thread was meant for your shadow dagger
"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!" - Walter White
Last edited by Heavymetal_ on Jan 12, 2013, 4:15:46 AM
I'm really loving this build and plan on running a flavor in OB. Couple questions if ya can spare some time:

Have you thought about any ways to add lightning to this build for the Shock factor?
This is a mechanics questions, but can the Added Lightning support gem cause the shock effect if it were added to the Freezing Pulse link?
If so, would it be worth it over say the crit support gem?
If not, can you think of anything else that would synergize with lightning well? Maybe on the totem or pets somehow?

I'm also planning on grouping with friends for most of my play time and I think this build looks pretty group friendly, would you agree?
Would you make any specific tweaks with group play in mind?

As you seem pretty experienced with a variety of builds, how would you rate this one's overall effectiveness and potential DPS?

Thanks for the awesome ideas!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info