Cyclone/Multistrike is amazing ( oh, but the desync)

"
BrianWeissman wrote:
Cyclone is without a doubt, my favorite skill in all of Path of Exile. I spent countless hours whirling merrily around Act 4 in Classic D2, so the skill evokes powerful nostalgia. On top of that, it's a seriously underrated skill, especially with the buffs to melee survivability.

I have a level 80 1-handed Axe-using Cyclone Duelist who absolutely destroys end game content. My gear isn't even all that amazing: 65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor. But my damage is so high that mobs just disentegrate, and the insane attack speed of my Cyclone keeps me at full life and mana pretty much constantly.

If you haven't tried it recently, Cyclone is worth a second look. It should not be dismissed.

Wow... wow... wait a minute....
"65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor."

What endgame content are you doing? (Also doubt i can farm docks for long.. with those stats as melee.)
Those stats won't last long and will instant rip.
Unless this is softcore/anarchy...

I'm on onslaught 4.5k Health 79max resist with purity 7k armor with auras... I can barely do maps without spamming instant heal pots most of the time im only alive because the massive amount of life leech and regen i have(also group members cleaning up)... I haven't even done serious endgame maps yet still doing 66-68..
I usually hope to end up in groups with a LA user or totem user... Or anything that rapes from a far.
I won't even be able to do great dmg yet since i had to literally grab every single life nodes near 1/4 of the tree (duelist/marauder/templar). I have 210% life from passive u know how many points i had to spend... just to get 4.5k health...

Also.. the desync is ridiculous with cyclone... sometime i get a heart attack when desync or get a stuck by a damn rock or somehow i get overlapped by the rare mob and cant cyclone for a sec.

P.S.
"...especially with the buffs to melee survivability."

After reading the post several times... i think he is trolling us. -_-
IGN: Xus
Last edited by Xevn on Jun 29, 2013, 3:20:49 AM
One more death due desync, that's great.

Maybe if i remove my attack speed nodes, my 1H sword, multistrike from the cyclone gem, maybe i can play the game, who knows?
IGN: GyFolks / guicorky / ZevsMightyThunder / UltimateMakeover
Please remove the auto target next monster part of multistrike while being linked to cyclone...
IGN: _Isley_
wrong place LOL
Last edited by Xevn on Jun 29, 2013, 3:18:58 PM
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
Cyclone is without a doubt, my favorite skill in all of Path of Exile. I spent countless hours whirling merrily around Act 4 in Classic D2, so the skill evokes powerful nostalgia. On top of that, it's a seriously underrated skill, especially with the buffs to melee survivability.

I have a level 80 1-handed Axe-using Cyclone Duelist who absolutely destroys end game content. My gear isn't even all that amazing: 65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor. But my damage is so high that mobs just disentegrate, and the insane attack speed of my Cyclone keeps me at full life and mana pretty much constantly.

If you haven't tried it recently, Cyclone is worth a second look. It should not be dismissed.

On Hardcore?

Yeah right lol.
"
BrianWeissman wrote:

Im sorry but cyclone is a joke compare to whirlwind from D2. The first thing would be to change cyclone that way you can stop the skill when you want. The way it works now is just frustrating and boring.
Last edited by chafino on Jun 29, 2013, 3:46:19 PM
I don't quite understand cyclone, it splits attacks in two and targets the nearest mob?
"
Shura wrote:
Please remove the auto target next monster part of multistrike while being linked to cyclone...

^ This.

IGN: GyFolks / guicorky / ZevsMightyThunder / UltimateMakeover
"
"
BrianWeissman wrote:

Wow... wow... wait a minute....
"65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor."

What endgame content are you doing? (Also doubt i can farm docks for long.. with those stats as melee.)
Those stats won't last long and will instant rip.
Unless this is softcore/anarchy...

I'm on onslaught 4.5k Health 79max resist with purity 7k armor with auras... I can barely do maps without spamming instant heal pots most of the time im only alive because the massive amount of life leech and regen i have(also group members cleaning up)... I haven't even done serious endgame maps yet still doing 66-68..
I usually hope to end up in groups with a LA user or totem user... Or anything that rapes from a far.
I won't even be able to do great dmg yet since i had to literally grab every single life nodes near 1/4 of the tree (duelist/marauder/templar). I have 210% life from passive u know how many points i had to spend... just to get 4.5k health...

Also.. the desync is ridiculous with cyclone... sometime i get a heart attack when desync or get a stuck by a damn rock or somehow i get overlapped by the rare mob and cant cyclone for a sec.

P.S.
"...especially with the buffs to melee survivability."

After reading the post several times... i think he is trolling us. -_-

I am not that good in this game, but i can share some tips about cylone:
-use life on hit with lots of IAS instead of life leech
-use blind ( with this and life on hit, melee mobs are close to harmless, kole is exception)
-when you spin dont target mobs, but the ground. the desync is way less frequent that way, it should not be but by some reason it works that way
"
sgolemanov wrote:

I am not that good in this game, but i can share some tips about cylone:
-use life on hit with lots of IAS instead of life leech
-use blind ( with this and life on hit, melee mobs are close to harmless, kole is exception)
-when you spin dont target mobs, but the ground. the desync is way less frequent that way, it should not be but by some reason it works that way

Life Leech > life on hit with cyclone. (i use faster attack and life leech still works better for me... dont know why. Maybe because im using a 2hander? Leeching isnt the problem its the dmg im taking when ileech i go full instantly but if i pause for a second in a map or desync i usually come close to dying when solo'ing thank god for escape exit game)
Blind waste of a dmg slot.
Most of my desync due to how the area is layed out, of course if its a open area im home free.

Im lvl 74 right now on onslaught i do fine(normal play) but then again my stats are really high for defense.

I now have 80% max res with purity up.
8k+ Armor (kinda low since using a es boots)
4.5k Life

I can clear the game fine.
But when it comes to endgame content like maps, i can't do higher lvl maps nor the good maps without having help... and believe me i feel totally useless in groups.
When i group, i go crazy leap > cyclone > leap > cyclone just because i dont clear as fast.. as the other people in the group.. (Damn you LA users hope you die to reflect..)

Right now my build i literally have barely and dmg nodes since i wasted alot on health..

Hitting 4k+ is crucial for health builds.

Anway finally hit it i still take ton of dmg from physical and physical projectiles(tity girls) my next 8 skill points were gonna go into dmg nodes but i might spend 2 more points ti grab "Leather and Steel" 32%(total 1 point to get there) increase of armor and evasion since i have iron reflex it should be worth it.
Plus in maps what usually brings me down quickly are physical mobs with like increase dmg or even worse crit chance / crit dmg...

I run 3 health pots 2 granites.
2/3 health pots are instant pots..
Right now when i dont do maps i farm lunaris lvl 3... let me tell you when i get warlords mark on me and those boobies start shooting at me.. i literally pop granite and remove curse on my flask.. Or else ... [RIP]

Last edited by Xevn on Jul 1, 2013, 3:33:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info