Cyclone/Multistrike is amazing ( oh, but the desync)

for me blind makes HUGE difference, you should try it( its 75% reduced damage)
start spining, pass throug all mobs to blind them( archers first if there is any) and then
start killing

also using 2 weapons instead of two-heander is better because you have ias and block using them

also for cyclone life on hit is better that life leech, do the math and youll see it (if you use resolute technique ofc), because you always hit and gain life, while when you leech the damage you do is reduced by mobs defences

anyway thats my opinion
"
pezgui wrote:
"
Shura wrote:
Please remove the auto target next monster part of multistrike while being linked to cyclone...

^ This.

I think the distance to the next target should have a maximum range reduced,it's no longer multistrike if they remove the next target aspect IMO.
We need to buff melee survability
Last edited by phantomboy on Jul 1, 2013, 5:58:05 AM
"
Shura wrote:
Please remove the auto target next monster part of multistrike while being linked to cyclone...

and for leap slam please
GMT+1 - You can speak German with me
"
Shura wrote:

Isn't that purpose of multistrike? To attack two random nearby targets after the first attack.
Last edited by Meezh on Jul 1, 2013, 8:51:52 AM
"
sgolemanov wrote:
for me blind makes HUGE difference, you should try it( its 75% reduced damage)
start spining, pass throug all mobs to blind them( archers first if there is any) and then
start killing

also using 2 weapons instead of two-heander is better because you have ias and block using them

also for cyclone life on hit is better that life leech, do the math and youll see it (if you use resolute technique ofc), because you always hit and gain life, while when you leech the damage you do is reduced by mobs defences

anyway thats my opinion

About life leech i think you need to do some more research its not just about dmg leech you need to take on account its over all dmg spread etc, especially using a 2hd PHYSICAL build life leech will come on top. (maybe at lower levels life on hit will be better but def not endgame)

I'm not suprise that cyclone works better with dual wielding since more attack speed with cyclone is good. But i already state that im using 2hd build.

Blind still is shit, use enfeeble as ur curse.

I wanna know what current hardcore/onslaught ur char is and its build.
IGN: Xus
Last edited by Xevn on Jul 1, 2013, 11:46:24 AM
sorry to necro this thread, but i wanted to give my input on my experiences with cyclone recently. i have a 65 level duelist in hardcore. i'm somewhat new to the game and my highest level character at the moment is a 69 level ranger. i remember having some difficulty previously with my ranger against piety in crematorium (keep in mind i killed her when there was that patch that temporarily increased the damage of a lot of the monsters in the game). my resists were maxed out at the time but she chunked me down quite easily with one of her AOE lightning attacks. i had to kite her all around the map and slowly kill her with some off screen poison arrow shots.

my duelist was an entirely different story. i got through normal and cruel quite easily using cleave, dual strike, whirling blades, and leap slam, with enduring cry and warlord's mark for some tankiness. somewhere during act 2 in merciless, i decided to try out cyclone. i have only linked it with life gain on hit and faster attacks, yet it's pretty much all i use at this point. i only have 2000 life with grace running, max resists except for cold. i killed piety in crematorium rather easily with it, while running instapots and topaz flasks. she just ran to a corner and couldnt get away from me. when i first started using cyclone, i enjoyed farming city of sarm with it and killing perpetus over and over again. yesterday i farmed docks and ran into what seemed like 7-8 voidbearers, 2 of which were rare. normally, trying to melee a mob like this would mean a death sentence, but i just cycloned all around them constantly until i cleaned them up.

running blood magic, i have enough life regen right now to use cyclone non-stop even if i'm not hitting any enemies. my strategy taking out mobs/bosses is very simple: do small circles around whoever i want to kill while making sure i never stop moving my mouse. every once in a while the game desyncs a bit and i'll stop in my tracks, so instapots are a must with this strategy. i have tried it with multistrike but i found the direction it takes me to be too random and i prefer having more control over who i'm targeting.

the game feels like a breeze at this point, but i'm sure i'll have a harder time later on since my gear is mediocre at best. im going to experiment with different gem arrangement to see what works best. glad to see people using blind with good results on this.
Last edited by UbyTuesday on Jul 12, 2013, 11:28:06 AM
I have 2k life, yes 2k. cyclone+Physcial+itemQ+FasterAtk. No crit, high life leech build.

I clear 70 maps solo.

It is extremely viable.
the problem with cyclone+multistrike is
1. you lose all control until cyclone ends
2. desync is even worse

but yeah it's fun to be a human pinball in normal at least when im not so worried about dying in under 3 seconds if i desync and stand still :)
"
UbyTuesday wrote:
sorry to necro this thread, but i wanted to give my input on my experiences with cyclone recently. i have a 65 level duelist in hardcore. i'm somewhat new to the game and my highest level character at the moment is a 69 level ranger. i remember having some difficulty previously with my ranger against piety in crematorium (keep in mind i killed her when there was that patch that temporarily increased the damage of a lot of the monsters in the game). my resists were maxed out at the time but she chunked me down quite easily with one of her AOE lightning attacks. i had to kite her all around the map and slowly kill her with some off screen poison arrow shots.

my duelist was an entirely different story. i got through normal and cruel quite easily using cleave, dual strike, whirling blades, and leap slam, with enduring cry and warlord's mark for some tankiness. somewhere during act 2 in merciless, i decided to try out cyclone. i have only linked it with life gain on hit and faster attacks, yet it's pretty much all i use at this point. i only have 2000 life with grace running, max resists except for cold. i killed piety in crematorium rather easily with it, while running instapots and topaz flasks. she just ran to a corner and couldnt get away from me. when i first started using cyclone, i enjoyed farming city of sarm with it and killing perpetus over and over again. yesterday i farmed docks and ran into what seemed like 7-8 voidbearers, 2 of which were rare. normally, trying to melee a mob like this would mean a death sentence, but i just cycloned all around them constantly until i cleaned them up.

running blood magic, i have enough life regen right now to use cyclone non-stop even if i'm not hitting any enemies. my strategy taking out mobs/bosses is very simple: do small circles around whoever i want to kill while making sure i never stop moving my mouse. every once in a while the game desyncs a bit and i'll stop in my tracks, so instapots are a must with this strategy. i have tried it with multistrike but i found the direction it takes me to be too random and i prefer having more control over who i'm targeting.

the game feels like a breeze at this point, but i'm sure i'll have a harder time later on since my gear is mediocre at best. im going to experiment with different gem arrangement to see what works best. glad to see people using blind with good results on this.

i am doing cyclone with blood magic as well for the control that is afforded to me that i couldnt have with mana constraints. i will say that the only things in maps that scare me are Brutus type one-shotters (even then, i usually only take 1/3 with a flask up) and chaos damage (i have -60%, can't find chaos res gear that also has life and ele res)

i havent been doing the highest level maps but no "omg not viable i roll new toon now" problems so far on maps under 73.

and honestly? my gear is not even close to godly. i got my unique 2H Sword for 2 alch orbs, and the only nice gear i own is 30% move speed/tri resist boots and a 1400 evasion rating, 99 life, dual resist chest. the rest of my gear is life/dual resist/bonus armor or evasion rating crap i got for chaos/gcp.

Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 22, 2013, 12:30:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info