Cyclone/Multistrike is amazing ( oh, but the desync)

"
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
Cyclone is without a doubt, my favorite skill in all of Path of Exile. I spent countless hours whirling merrily around Act 4 in Classic D2, so the skill evokes powerful nostalgia. On top of that, it's a seriously underrated skill, especially with the buffs to melee survivability.

I have a level 80 1-handed Axe-using Cyclone Duelist who absolutely destroys end game content. My gear isn't even all that amazing: 65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor. But my damage is so high that mobs just disentegrate, and the insane attack speed of my Cyclone keeps me at full life and mana pretty much constantly.

If you haven't tried it recently, Cyclone is worth a second look. It should not be dismissed.

Wow... wow... wait a minute....
"65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor."

What endgame content are you doing? (Also doubt i can farm docks for long.. with those stats as melee.)
Those stats won't last long and will instant rip.
Unless this is softcore/anarchy...

I'm on onslaught 4.5k Health 79max resist with purity 7k armor with auras... I can barely do maps without spamming instant heal pots most of the time im only alive because the massive amount of life leech and regen i have(also group members cleaning up)... I haven't even done serious endgame maps yet still doing 66-68..
I usually hope to end up in groups with a LA user or totem user... Or anything that rapes from a far.
I won't even be able to do great dmg yet since i had to literally grab every single life nodes near 1/4 of the tree (duelist/marauder/templar). I have 210% life from passive u know how many points i had to spend... just to get 4.5k health...

Also.. the desync is ridiculous with cyclone... sometime i get a heart attack when desync or get a stuck by a damn rock or somehow i get overlapped by the rare mob and cant cyclone for a sec.

P.S.
"...especially with the buffs to melee survivability."

After reading the post several times... i think he is trolling us. -_-

Onslaught has a buff to attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed to monsters. Just so you know your holding other game types to what your use.
Sorry to sort of resurrect a dead post but it still needs to be fixed.

I've been playing a facebreaker cyclone duelist which is now on standard. I've had to stop at lvl 61 while trying to lvl on merc docks.

You just gotta love how when you cyclone with multistrike strange things can happen due to desync. You see your characters animations going in one direction while dozens of mobs die in another place and then when you /oos you are sometimes nowhere near either of those locations and may reappear behind a wall somewhere. lol.

It is literally impossible to play a multistrike cyclone build in hardcore. Please, fix this and make it viable and fun. Without desync it would be amazing.
I totally agree. Added Fire is waaay less dmg than multistrike. Im playing this game for a year now and i always had desync but it didnt really stopped me from playing but DUDE that cyclone multistrike desync! You can't call that desync anymore. I have to stop after each use of Cyclone, leap back in the group and do that all the way. It can't be that you can't play a build because of desync. A thread that is open for a year now with 7 sites of people having the same issues, please Chris do something <.<
Sorry to bump this, but does cyclone + multistrike work any more? I cannot get it to work.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Does not. MS is simply ignored when it supports Cyclone.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Any reason? Is there a patch note somewhere? I cannot find any notes on this.
Because it didn't work well at all. As the thread title goes, 'oh, but the desynch'.
Patch notes: "Cyclone: This skill can no longer be supported by the Multistrike support gem."
Honestly, that's a dreadful change. Sure, the combo didn't work well, but this is how PoE works, you either get good gem combo's or bad ones. There's no need to remove some just because they behave poorly. It's a bit like preventing added chaos from working with firestorm because hurr, chaos isn't fire.
So normally I at least try to keep it friendly, but: That is an utterly stupid comparision stemming from a complete lack of comprehension.
Read.

First off, Cyclone + Multistrike isn't a bad combo, quite the opposite in fact. Just like with every other Melee skill in the game, Multistrike is generally the best Support you can grab.
Similarly, Firestorm + Added Chaos is perfectly valid, especially with Apep's Rage and/or Infernal Mantle. It's a common tactic with Incinerate too.

Like I said, the thread title mentions desynch; Cyclone inherently has a stronger tendency to desynch than many other skills, and Multistrike makes it exponentially worse. It was a practically guaranteed desynch. It has nothing to do with Cyclone + Multistrike being good or bad.
Nothing wrong with desynching if you know it's going to desync and choose to link those two gems anyway, and if you're say, linking CoC and discharge, you're doing a bunch of desync discharges.

I really wanted to try that, and it just pisses me off that it's no longer possible. Also, could you imagine vaal cyclone + multistrike + CoC discharge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info