[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

Instead of using a tri ele bow, would a decent phys damage bow do well? Also, what is stronger? Split arrow phys based or split arrow ele based? I am a little reluctant to get those WED nodes cuz I don't know how effective they'll be.
Hey I'm currently copying this passive tree for my Duelist LA build. Any thoughts on if it'd work perfectly fine? I glanced over the tree and don't see any changes I'd make. Great tree btw!
"
Yoff wrote:
"
sepercrod wrote:
Gloves can improve your dps through attack speed or raw damage mods. 10% attack speed with health and a resist or two for your gloves shouldn't be too hard to find.

I was thinking about it but atm my i have 48 int on my gloves so i'd need to get 2 30 int nodes in case i'll lose that int. And 2 nodes are somehow equal to 10 atk speed (in case of taking berserking from my tree, for instance, 2 nodes =(0+3+3+15)/4*2= 10,5 attack speed. But in case i would find gloves with int+attack speed+life+res or get int on some other gear i would go for it.

"

Tri-ele thicket?

Not at all. I'd rather go full phys because phys damage doesn't get reduced by ele res mobs, doesn't affected by ele reflect and still gets pretty good bonuses from leveled gems. Phys+ lightning bow I currently use suits me well too, since lightning have synergy with statick blows.
Bow with same dps but higher aps would be a good upgrade, but there was none on the market at reasonable price last time i check (screw that overpriced Lionies, seriously)

Respectfully sir, your damage would be a lot higher if you replaced that bow with a tri-ele bow. You have soooooooooo much WED on your gear. Seriously, you have a ridiculous amount of WED. But it's not doing you much good since you have no flat elemental damage (except for Wrath/Anger and the mediocre lightning damage on your bow). You have no cold damage. If you were running Hatred aura and Added Fire Damage gem, then I suppose I could see the benefit in using a physical bow.

You know man, it's true that most mobs are resistant to elemental damage. But did you know that ALL mobs are resistant to physical damage? As far as I know, all mobs have armor. The amount of physical damage reduction they get through armor is probably in most cases higher than the amount of damage reduced from their elemental resistances, especially since you're using Chain which means smaller hits, which results in more damage mitigation.

Normally I'd tell you to look for gloves with IAS and flat elemental damage, but I agree with your point about intelligence. Since you're using Alpha's Howl and your jewelry is really solid (except for your amulet which I would only call mediocre) there's nowhere else for you to get intelligence unless you were to find some AR/ES or EV/ES boots with int, 25% MS, fire/lightning resist and a perfect life roll such as what you have on your boots.

Get a tri-ele bow and put all that WED to work.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"

Respectfully sir, your damage would be a lot higher if you replaced that bow with a tri-ele bow. You have soooooooooo much WED on your gear. Seriously, you have a ridiculous amount of WED. But it's not doing you much good since you have no flat elemental damage (except for Wrath/Anger and the mediocre lightning damage on your bow). You have no cold damage. If you were running Hatred aura and Added Fire Damage gem, then I suppose I could see the benefit in using a physical bow.

You know man, it's true that most mobs are resistant to elemental damage. But did you know that ALL mobs are resistant to physical damage? As far as I know, all mobs have armor. The amount of physical damage reduction they get through armor is probably in most cases higher than the amount of damage reduced from their elemental resistances, especially since you're using Chain which means smaller hits, which results in more damage mitigation.

Normally I'd tell you to look for gloves with IAS and flat elemental damage, but I agree with your point about intelligence. Since you're using Alpha's Howl and your jewelry is really solid (except for your amulet which I would only call mediocre) there's nowhere else for you to get intelligence unless you were to find some AR/ES or EV/ES boots with int, 25% MS, fire/lightning resist and a perfect life roll such as what you have on your boots.

Get a tri-ele bow and put all that WED to work.

The funny thing is that i've lucky chanced 1.8 AS lioneye's yesterday, linked it and DSP upgrade was just sick. Although tooltip dps goes up just by 40% i've got a feeling like real dps goes up at least twice. Things are just melting in couple of seconds including blue packs and rares. I've killed lvl 70 map boss yesterday without even noticing it and was trying to find him until i get 0 monster count, not like something like that was ever happening before. I'm not really sure if it's comes from huge AS boost or phys dps boost or shock stack increase from 5% crit(i've dropped RT since lioneye's never miss anyway, i think that's ok and i just need to avoid getting crit multi on my gear to stay safe reflect wise).
Last edited by Yoff on Dec 20, 2013, 3:59:32 AM
I am playing the Ranger version of this build and am wondering whether or not you can play with a Cast on Critical Hit gem and some sort of other gems that would go well with the build such as Enfeeble or some other skill/spell? Have any of you tried that and if so, what gems did you use? I do understand that you would have to keep the ability to make critical hits.
"
WolfeDude wrote:
I am playing the Ranger version of this build and am wondering whether or not you can play with a Cast on Critical Hit gem and some sort of other gems that would go well with the build such as Enfeeble or some other skill/spell? Have any of you tried that and if so, what gems did you use? I do understand that you would have to keep the ability to make critical hits.

It's a Resolute Technique build. Even so, CoC wouldn't be good.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
I understand that you can't play Resolute Technique but playing without it and utilizing the CoC gem should make a number of curses available to be cast frequently. This could be very interesting having 4 curses on most of the time. Just saying 4 high level curses like enfeeble etc. could make the monsters pretty squishy for a rapid firing Split Arrow character.
One Question for Endgame-Build: u picked three 8% WED nodes at Ranger Area, but there are also three 8% Projektile Damage Nodes aviable there. Shouldnt theese nodes be better since they increase ALL Damage by 8% ?
Last edited by Raz0rblade on Dec 20, 2013, 8:27:19 PM
"
FaythDark wrote:
Instead of using a tri ele bow, would a decent phys damage bow do well? Also, what is stronger? Split arrow phys based or split arrow ele based? I am a little reluctant to get those WED nodes cuz I don't know how effective they'll be.

I still cannot believe people are asking this kind of silly questions, again and again.

Ele damage nodes are effective. This is badass build, you can rest assured. If phys damage would be better, then this build won't be called "elemental" in post title.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
I've had fun with this build, but it's time to move on. So my current gear and gems are all for sale! Take a look if you feel you need an upgrade or two: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/717537

My split arrow dps peaks at 6k with frenzy stacks, and frenzy dps is 16000 with grenzy stacks.
77 all resists and 5.2k life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info