[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

watching your living
soooooooooooo cool!
"
Supernico00 wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
I think you would get more DPS by replacing multistrike with Added Fire Damage, Weapon elemental damage, or faster attacks. You don't need multistrike, honestly,

You'd think , but no

I absolutely NEED multistrike otherwise I will RAPE my health , because dominating blow has an insane mana cost , and since multistrike is 1 mana cost for 3 attacks it is a very mana efficient support gem. Also I need the most attack speed possible in order to be able to dominate something in group play (you don't need the killing blow , but they instead then need to die a fraction of second after you've hit them)

Oh, so it would be more damange, but you can't afford it health wise - I see.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Jun 23, 2013, 10:41:24 AM
looks really nice - but im afraid to give it a try...

looks very laggy - and in group i think this will overkill :X

and - in groups maybe its a problem to get the slaves ? or are u planing culling strike ?
Its Wednesday my Dudes , AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"
eichlot wrote:

and - in groups maybe its a problem to get the slaves ? or are u planing culling strike ?

You don't have to get the killing blow, you just need the mob to die "shortly after," being hit by dominating blow. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Dominating_Blow
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
eichlot wrote:

You don't have to get the killing blow, you just need the mob to die "shortly after," being hit by dominating blow. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Dominating_Blow

Yep, works the same as Power Siphon. As long as it dies within roughly 500ms after you hit it, you will dominate the mob.
IGN: Emfx
damn - should read the fugging skill description - thanks guys
Its Wednesday my Dudes , AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

never mind. i brain farted.

I think I'll give this build a shot. I like beating stuff up not having to use several skills at once to dominate like most advanced builds do.

Last edited by robble on Jun 24, 2013, 11:33:19 PM
How are you able to get enough life regen without life leech? I recently tried this build up to 48 and died :( but when I was in the later levels I was constantly spamming my pots because my health was dropping so fast, even with life leech. I had Multistrike, life leech, melee splash and dominating blow, was about 235 mana cost if I recall.

Did I need just better life regen gear or was I doing something wrong?

*edit* should mention I went blood magic keystone since I didn't have a 5L yet.
Last edited by Arakus on Jun 25, 2013, 12:34:08 AM
"
How are you able to get enough life regen without life leech? I recently tried this build up to 48 and died :( but when I was in the later levels I was constantly spamming my pots because my health was dropping so fast, even with life leech. I had Multistrike, life leech, melee splash and dominating blow, was about 235 mana cost if I recall.

Did I need just better life regen gear or was I doing something wrong?

*edit* should mention I went blood magic keystone since I didn't have a 5L yet.

Don't level as Dominating Blow, the guide even specifically says this and to level as Elemental Cleave instead. You should swap to Dominating Blow at around level 50, as at that point you will have both the Golem's Blood and Troll's Blood passives, giving you 3% of your max life in regen in addition to any other flat regen, enough to support Dominating Blow with Multistrike.
I respecced into this build and holy shit! This is rediculously OP. Areas that would take my 1h shield tanky marauder 20 mins take a couple mins. I even went to equal level area with level 1 gems due to the respec and still owned.

I switched it up just a tad and put life leech on frenzy along with faster attacks. That gives me a way to use my little mana pool to heal for free if in trouble. I am also thinking of running haste, grace, determination. No enough life yet to run more.

This worked out great since I had a 14% dom blow sitting around along with quality blood rage, life leech, and a few others.

Perfect find for my level 53 respec from patch.! Thanks! Now Maps will be Mine! Rawr!
Last edited by Fleshbits on Jun 25, 2013, 4:24:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info