Finally quit due to desync

"
StinkFinger wrote:
"
Daltony1227 wrote:
Hopefully they can fix the desync issue before the official release but who knows. I remember someone on these forums saying that they would have to work for weeks in order to fix whatever issues cause desync.

Those exact words were said 3 years ago... In Alpha.

Guess how that worked out...

I know, I've played through enough online games to know that glaring issues like that might never be fixed. PoE is one of my favorite games but if it's been that long, who knows if it'll get fixed.

inb4 a bunch of fanboys send me angry replies.
Why do people feel the need to post on their way out? The internet has just made people in to attention wh*res.
"This place is thick with the stench of ghouls"
"
Hovergame wrote:
Rubber banding

GGG was too ambitious when they created their pathfinding, and it can cause a butterfly effect. An easy fix would be to increase the hitbox of the mobs/minions/players when they calculate the pathfinding AND using the current hitboxes to check if they path is good. Desync is more likely to happen in places where there are doors/tunnels, etc.

And you can trust the client, or we'd get a "matrix hack" : the mob shoots, my client answer "I'm not in that place, I'm not hit".
I'd take speedhacks that they can deal with in other ways 100 times out of 100 vs. constant desync that makes most of the fun skills in the game nothing but frustrating.
"
That's it. I'm done.

Now we have an Australian server I get a constant 40ms ping and it's actually more frustrating to play now than before. There is NO excuse for that sad state of affairs when if you have any more than 6 enemies on the screen it desyncs to high hell.

I've been around for quite some time and even given GGG $100 of my cash because of the potential the game had. I hope they actually sort it out some day.

Goodbye.

They have lost massive amounts of players because of desync. They don't care. They won't miss you.
Desync is a major problem. I am waiting for this issue to be resolved so I can come back.
"
"
That's it. I'm done.

Now we have an Australian server I get a constant 40ms ping and it's actually more frustrating to play now than before. There is NO excuse for that sad state of affairs when if you have any more than 6 enemies on the screen it desyncs to high hell.

I've been around for quite some time and even given GGG $100 of my cash because of the potential the game had. I hope they actually sort it out some day.

Goodbye.

They have lost massive amounts of players because of desync. They don't care. They won't miss you.
Actually I am pretty sure they do care. They just can't seem to do anything about it, and are very quiet on the subject. So many ppl love this game but there is no denying it does have this one glaring flaw.
The truth is, as soon as you start moving, you're desynced. No joke.
"
Thalandor wrote:
The truth is, as soon as you start moving, you're desynced. No joke.

Besides when in Town...

You're actually desyncing in game more than you're actually in sync with the server and it's not even close ratio wise.

It's actually pathetic and a disgrace to their customers(the ones that aren't borderline autistic)...

You're literally out of sync with the game server more than 75% of the time you're playing the game...

And it's been like that for 3+ years...

Still dumbfounded how these morons can pay them money and then become all apologetic about the game being seriously and fundamentally broken...

Hopefully those same people don't procreate because they're the beginning of extinction from stupidity...

Last edited by StinkFinger on Jun 20, 2013, 6:45:19 PM
I will be downloading and trying again. Let's see if it REALLY is fixed from the update.
Last edited by Brussel_Sprout on Jul 27, 2015, 9:48:56 AM
Thanks for the blog update :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info