Finally quit due to desync

"
I will be downloading and trying again. Let's see if it REALLY is fixed from the update.

It is. Lockstep works like a charm (on an ethernet connection).
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Ah, this thread, such a reminder of legit complaints about desync, and the usual suspects who tried to downplay it, deny it, or spout the tired "learn to accept it."

OP, you were right to complain about it, desync was bad. It also was not acceptable. Thankfully, despite the naysayers and even GGG trying to tell us that desync was acceptable, speaking up won out and we have a legitimate alternative - if you have low ping/close to a server. Not a solution for everyone, but definitely a better alternative for many.

I hope it works for you because the game is so much better because of it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

on europe Gateway the game freezes every 5 seconds

in us Gateway no freezes but totaly desync

this started 3 days ago for me ... didnt Play tempest since then, and if it remains I dont see much point in coming online ever again ... it really Drains the fun, is off puting and imersion breaking -.-

What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
Mate when you start the game before you log in.

Options/UI/ choose lockstep mode

Live the dream

Win
"

Live the dream

I have set it from auto to predictable

now it is like 3 days ago

think I have to thank u for parsing this info to me
I can tell you that desync really was fixed for good with the new lockstep mode.

But for those that have to still use predictive mode like me (my ping goes from a constant 130 to 200 latency spikes) there are still good news. I can assure you that desync is WAY better now.

Before I desynced every 5 seconds. Monsters most of the time werent in the place the screen was showing me. Now it is a lot more trustable. I cant remember the last time I typed /oos since the patch because things are working as intended. And when I desync, I resync almost inmediatly, taking away the danger of being pummeled during 2 or more seconds. Because I am a filthy casual, I tend to just open any strongboxes I find and then yolo out with flame dash. So far, desync has killed me only twice (and both times my ping was getting into the 200s).

So yeah, the new patch is a breath of air for anyone with a stable conection (lockstep) and even for those whose internet sucks and live far away from servers (with the new predictive).

The main problem people are having now is the fact that there were quite a bit of servers issues and overloading during the first days of release. I havent been affected by it (I think I rolled back once and lost a wisdom scroll) but GGG have been working on it. I dont know what is the actual state of the servers tho.
Predictable is the old system where de sync existed???

Now I'm just confused
"

Now I'm just confused

Yes it is. If lockstep isnt working for you set predictive in the logging screen options menu.
"

Now I'm just confused

me too ^^ but what ever makes the game playable for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info