[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
MooseKing wrote:
Couple questions.

1. At what difficulty should I start using/looking for a shield to replace dual wield.

2. Would it be good to start switching over to energy shield gear as I get it in cruel?

I will try to answer some of these to save Inva some time :)

These are tricky questions to answer because it is very broad and because when you decide to shift over it will generally be done to when you feel you have the sufficient gear and the passives to benefit from it.

I mean in general the shield is going to give you roughly an additional 15% chance to block off the cuff, also if you can get a shield with several defensive stats on that will help with your survivability. The cross over to shield will not be a problem if you have a half decent dagger/claw and especially if you're using LS already.

The problem with the transition to ES gear is that the values of ES are generally pretty low even in act 1 ruthless. they only start to become passable at the end of ruthless act 2. Merciless is more advisable unless of course you was super lucky or are able to trade for said items.

Of course there is nothing stopping you from trying to slowly transition into it but be careful, because until you have CI you will be extremely susceptible to chaos mobs and so areas like pyramid and fighting Vaal could cause you an insane amount of trouble.

It really does depend on what gear you can accumulate and how you have built your passive tree which decides when you can make that transition over. But if you do not have a half decent amount of ES once you hit CI then it would be an extremely bad idea to make the move. It is one of the harsh things about this build, the transition process is very gear dependent and requires quite a lot of passive point refunding. But, it is very satisfying once all of that pays off. All in all it is a great build that Inva has developed and you can always tweak certain elements of it to suit your own needs and wants. But it is still a build that is fairly gear dependent and specific. Doing a certain amount of planning will definitely help you.
"
MooseKing wrote:
Couple questions.

1. At what difficulty should I start using/looking for a shield to replace dual wield.

2. Would it be good to start switching over to energy shield gear as I get it in cruel?

I'd like these answered too please!
IGN = pibDeath
Desbris has given a very good answer to the above questions. Thanks!

If you want more specific answers though, based on experience, I tend to switch to 1h + Shield around mid to end cruel. Again, this depends on the availability of good shields (with high +life mods) or the availability of two solid one-handers.

To question 2: No. Just focus completely on getting your life as high as possible. You won't have enough points invested in ES nodes to make having ES gear in cruel better than the other kinds of defense (Armour/Evasion), and ES gear in cruel aren't particularly strong to begin with. The transition towards ES can usually begin in Ruthless.

These answers are more relevant towards HC where survivability is the main concern.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Would really be interesting to see how your build works Inva once OB hits, clearly you have an idea since you are on Alpha, well deserved. But yeah I know you cannot talk about it at all and that is fine. Most notably is all the rumours of CI being changed, we can assume it is going to take some hit we just don't know how much, and so surely this will directly affect your build on a large scale, I would of thought. Now it is very possible to build a HP variation of this but I think with the right access to gear your build is more efficient as CI then it is as HP.

Also from the conversation with Chris and Kripp. Chris mentioned that Lightning Arrow will be taking a slight hit, as well as Lightning Strike not working as intended, that too will also take a hit, as LS is doing more damage then they intended.

But what I think is really interesting is how so many builds will be drastically changed once OB hits and that I think is also very good because it keeps variation in the game and it will continue to make players want to build the most optimum version and will require experimentation and notable planning.

One thing is for sue, there is a lot of fun times ahead :)

Hey Invalesco,

The build I came up with is pretty much the same as yours save for a few points switched up some. Basically the idea was to create a dagger shadow that could do insane cold damage and when flicker striking it would demolish mobs one at a time, smashing them into piles of ice. Since the builds came out kinda the same-ish and you seem to know more about the spec, I was wondering if you could give me the best way to maximize my cold dmg through attacks/flicker strike? Is it useful to use elemental proliferation to spread chill/freeze? Is it possible to be able to spam flicker Strike if I 6link it with like.. melee dmg, crit dmg, cold dmg, cold pen, stuff like that with high multiplyers. What are the best ways to just... Bounce around like an ADHD kid hopped up on sugar while turning dudes into rubble as I do it? :D

Thanks for the guide, too, suuuuuper helpful!

Build :)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAv4FfQdjDkgQexEvEVARlha_F1QeGiKBKCorCiy_LOEwVDvhQsNHBlBCVupW9VcrX2ptGXBScFZ9435Zf8aH24hCjAuMNo48joqQG5fQmVeZmpoTnaOiLqKjpn-nK6c0rGaxs7TFtUi297k-uXy71r46wFHAVMEAwcXB88Lsw23Ydtsa227b1N-E4vfjhOaB6f7rY-yw7UHz6vVL_Kv_kw==

PS: This is for default league
Last edited by Dekoy on Dec 22, 2012, 4:47:26 PM
"
Dekoy wrote:
Hey Invalesco,

The build I came up with is pretty much the same as yours save for a few points switched up some. Basically the idea was to create a dagger shadow that could do insane cold damage and when flicker striking it would demolish mobs one at a time, smashing them into piles of ice. Since the builds came out kinda the same-ish and you seem to know more about the spec, I was wondering if you could give me the best way to maximize my cold dmg through attacks/flicker strike? Is it useful to use elemental proliferation to spread chill/freeze? Is it possible to be able to spam flicker Strike if I 6link it with like.. melee dmg, crit dmg, cold dmg, cold pen, stuff like that with high multiplyers. What are the best ways to just... Bounce around like an ADHD kid hopped up on sugar while turning dudes into rubble as I do it? :D

Thanks for the guide, too, suuuuuper helpful!

Build :)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAv4FfQdjDkgQexEvEVARlha_F1QeGiKBKCorCiy_LOEwVDvhQsNHBlBCVupW9VcrX2ptGXBScFZ9435Zf8aH24hCjAuMNo48joqQG5fQmVeZmpoTnaOiLqKjpn-nK6c0rGaxs7TFtUi297k-uXy71r46wFHAVMEAwcXB88Lsw23Ydtsa227b1N-E4vfjhOaB6f7rY-yw7UHz6vVL_Kv_kw==

PS: This is for default league

Glad to know that the guide helped you! :)

1. Where do you intend to get your cold damage from? From the hatred aura? If so, especially since considering that this is a crit-based build, you'll be better off investing your cold damage nodes into crit nodes to freeze mobs. (If you watch the build of the week 14 video there was a scene whereby a Lightning strike freeze shattered an entire mob)

2. Ele proliferation can be used to spread chill/freeze yes, but as to whether that is the best support gem option, I'm not too sure. It might be useful mid-game when your DPS isn't that high yet and would be useful for your AoE skill, but come end-game when your DPS gets insane and you're crit one-shotting stuff, you won't need it anymore.

3. If you link it to those kind of stuff.. your mana cost will be so high you won't be able to chain Flicker Strike. If you want to link it with stuff with such high mana cost multipliers you'll definitely need to throw in a mana leech gem.

4. The best ways to bounce around with flicker are to ensure that you can one-shot opponents, which means focusing on stuff that benefit all areas of your damage (elemental and physical) rather than just focusing on just the cold component of it, which is at most is only gonna benefit 20-30% of your DPS.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hi! I'm new to POE but I'm going to follow your build. I got my build messed up as I dont really have a plan until I get to level 30+. I used up all my respec points and some orb of regret and its finally getting better.

I'm level 41 now and I just really started following your gearing tips, I got a 520 HP and only 470 ES so far. My question is should I got for the CI now at my level?

This is my current build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUOSA-rEHsWvxi9Hhoi6igqKworbyxGLVUwVDZCh9uIa5lXmZqdlqZ_pzSoGq7PsbOyRLTFtUi29746wQDN6tsa3nfe9uOE53Toe-jW6xTrY-uO7UH1S_-T

Thanks for this great thread btw!

Hey Guys. So far for my items, are these good? I'm lvl 43 and wanna go CI at 48. But I just wanna make sure my gears are on the right track:)
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

And if there're any switchings of my gems to other linked or unlinked slots that would work better for me, please go ahead and comment:)
IGN: HarryOlder
Last edited by alexlin0827 on Dec 23, 2012, 8:01:25 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I hope you dont mind but how do you link gears ;)
why dont take elemental damage nodes and lightning damage for lightning strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info