Reclaim All Micro-transactions Button

"
Rhys wrote:
I'm just not convinced there are that many times you really want to reclaim every single microtransaction you own.

As a matter of course, I reclaim every mtx right before I log off a charecter, every time (I remember). I do this mostly bc there is no better way to not lose track of mtx, and so I don't have to go get (read: find) one when I want it for another character and its not in the stash. Even so, I have lost mtx for weeks at a time.
If there was a reclaim all button, I would use it every time I played.

That being said, having them always in the mtx stash, but greyed out with the option to reclaim them by right clicking (or shift clicking or whatever to avoid accidents) sounds like a supreme solution that would solve everyone's issues.

- Easily track everything you own
- Easily reclaim whenever you need/want an mtx for another use

This is an awesome idea! Hope you can help push it thru whatever team does implement these things. :)

Agreed this may not solve things for consumable mtx, but it would not make things any worse for them either and would be a huge step forward for all the rest.
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
I'm just not convinced there are that many times you really want to reclaim every single microtransaction you own.

As a matter of course, I reclaim every mtx right before I log off a character, every time (I remember).

right, so you don't want to reclaim every single microtransaction you own, just the ones on that character.

I'd like that too.

A separate interface accessed via the reclaim effects button would probably work better than trying to layer this on top of the microtransaction stash. For instance, it wouldn't have the problem of stacked microtransactions to deal with.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
Rhys wrote:
Hmm. Personally, I think this idea is... not bad, but there is probably a better solution out there.

I think what people really want is A) the ability to find "lost" microtransactions and B) the ability to quickly reclaim some (but not necessarily all) microtransactions for re-use without having to change characters or hunt down where they are.

So I would actually like to see a system like this:
-Microtransactions never leave the microtransation stash, but they grey out/disable when used.
-Hovering the mouse over a used microtransaction shows the item it is applied to, and maybe also the name of the character wearing it, if applicable.
-Right-clicking a greyed-out microtransaction instantly reclaims it. Alternatively, greyed-out microtransactions are not disabled: you can just re-apply them to other items - but if you do, the effect is removed from the previous item.
-This doesn't really work with the new "item skin transfers" in their current form. Then again, neither does a "reclaim all" button. Or at least such a button shouldn't affect consumable microtransactions.

Just my 2c. I'm not personally involved in implementing such things.

And yes, being able to organize everything. That would be great, too.

Good to see some more support for what I pretty much suggested back in June and re-quoted on page 3 of this thread.

Keep up the great work GGG.

"
Rhys wrote:
Spoiler
Hmm. Personally, I think this idea is... not bad, but there is probably a better solution out there.

I think what people really want is A) the ability to find "lost" microtransactions and B) the ability to quickly reclaim some (but not necessarily all) microtransactions for re-use without having to change characters or hunt down where they are.

-Microtransactions never leave the microtransation stash, but they grey out/disable when used.
-Hovering the mouse over a used microtransaction shows the item it is applied to, and maybe also the name of the character wearing it, if applicable.
-Right-clicking a greyed-out microtransaction instantly reclaims it. Alternatively, greyed-out microtransactions are not disabled: you can just re-apply them to other items - but if you do, the effect is removed from the previous item.
-This doesn't really work with the new "item skin transfers" in their current form. Then again, neither does a "reclaim all" button. Or at least such a button shouldn't affect consumable microtransactions.

"-Right-clicking a greyed-out microtransaction instantly reclaims it. Alternatively, greyed-out microtransactions are not disabled: you can just re-apply them to other items - but if you do, the effect is removed from the previous item."

Something like this would really make it easier and more enjoyable when switching microtransactions between characters for players like me who can't really afford to buy one set of skins and effects for every one of them. Very much looking forward to a possible implementation of said feature, even if it's not exactly like the suggested one.

Cheers
IGN:
Standard: @MeowViking
Perandus: @VikingVortex
Last edited by HandsomeBear on Sep 5, 2013, 6:28:26 PM
GGG support is too helpful imo. It's not healthy. Maybe they need more work? I don't think any support staff should be able to be so friendly and nice. They need more stress and pain.

Spoiler
JK GGG Support Rules
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Sep 5, 2013, 6:59:45 PM
"
obadonke wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
As a matter of course, I reclaim every mtx right before I log off a character, every time (I remember).

right, so you don't want to reclaim every single microtransaction you own, just the ones on that character.
A separate interface accessed via the reclaim effects button would probably work better than trying to layer this on top of the microtransaction stash. For instance, it wouldn't have the problem of stacked microtransactions to deal with.

Perhaps every time a mtx is applied, that instance gets its own spot in the mtx stash(es). Or perhaps applied mtx show in their own dedicated Applied(tm) mtx stash tabs. Either way, the applied mtx "place-holders" should be clearly indicative of where it was applied, and would allow it to be recalled (and then restacked with the rest of the same unapplied mtx).

I think having the ability to both:

1. Definitively see/review every permanent mtx you own at all times
2. Call back any specific mtx from any character, by any character, at any time

is key in a fully user-friendly mtx stash. By having all "applied" mtx's show up in the mtx stash in a special from where it is possible to manipulate them all, regardless of status, seems to be an ideal solution.

And GGG, please be clear that I make no assertion to any trademark with my farcical (tm) notation above. It is a joke, and I hereby waive any and all claims I could possibly have against anyone should you choose to make use of my wonderful idea above, or any part of it. Please, have at it, I donate it to you. :)
"
Rhys wrote:

Anything is better than the current state.
"
Rhys wrote:

this sounds really good
+1 again.
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
BUMP for justice!
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info