Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

@mortalkombat

I go low life for three reasons. Foremost is to run 3 more auras on life. That alone is much more defense with grace and more offense with with wrath. Second is to gain 54% more attack speed. Last is to gain pain attunement and get 30% more damage. The speed and the more damage makes flicker better of course but also makes lightning strike much better than without low life.

You say that I am squishy and will die but I die less on this build than when I had 5k es and no grace. With grace I run ondars guile and have huge evasion defenses. I am doing 73-76 maps right now. The only thing holding me back from going higher is map drops.
~~~Build - Flay's Flicker Finder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257~~~
~~~Shop - Flay's Fantastic Flea Market - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/631082~~~
"
Sblak wrote:
@mortalkombat

I go low life for three reasons. Foremost is to run 3 more auras on life. That alone is much more defense with grace and more offense with with wrath. Second is to gain 54% more attack speed. Last is to gain pain attunement and get 30% more damage. The speed and the more damage makes flicker better of course but also makes lightning strike much better than without low life.

You say that I am squishy and will die but I die less on this build than when I had 5k es and no grace. With grace I run ondars guile and have huge evasion defenses. I am doing 73-76 maps right now. The only thing holding me back from going higher is map drops.

Evasion isnt a proper defence, even with Ondar's Guile. It perfectly saves you from hits that wont kill you anyway. "Why should i dodge blows i dont care"? On the other side, bigger ES pool saves from any damage and any abilities, including very hard-hitting abilities of certain bosses.
As for auras, you actually dont need other auras than Hatred and Discipline. All other auras are pretty weak, and in the best scenario, situational (like Purities).
Attack speed and damage are nice, but you sacrifice too much ES pool. Sure, you can farm mobs in maps with weak rolls, but maps with hard rolls and especially certain map bosses in those maps will be forbidden for you. And, even a short desync (when you stop attacking but being hit by monsters) will result to your death if those mobs use spells.
Speed isnt the most important thing for flicker, BTW.
You know, if you positioned your build as one using NOT flicker strike, and using no MF, it would make much more sense. Also, it would make much more sense with rare shield, not Prism Guardian, because those extra 500 ES is more than worth it.
I wont discuss more your build. You even dont understand the intended uses for it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 4, 2014, 5:00:01 PM
Evasion is a perfect defense for us because it revents stun locks since we get twice the time to get out of stun locks and two hit combos. While I agree with your point that more es is always safer, I have a theory that I apply to every game. I am attempting to prove it here. Enough dps acts as defense because nothing lives long enough to damage you. For example if you had 5 million dps no boss could get off any spell because it would be dead before it could attack. I think I will get about 700,000 and could kill any boss before pots expire. I am not sure what bosses you say are forbidden but I can run purity of fire ice or lightning and use a pot on any boss. And then just instagib it no matter the mods of the map.

Think about it. If a boss takes ten seconds with 100,000 dps then getting to 700,000 dps means less than 2 seconds. Just like piety is hard in lunaris until you can kill her before she attacks. You play a game where you need defenses because you don't do enough dps. I play a different game. Until you have 500,000 dps without abyssus and its negative effect you don't know what its like. I kill really fast and I solo stuff. I do this to every boss. That means the boss does almost no damage because it barely starts to cast and then it dies. That means I can do any boss as long as I have charges. I have done this to every boss on every map up to level 75. I need more dps but it should work on the rest of the bosses too. I have killed a couple of the easier 77 bosses this way. I am still increasing my dps. There is no boss I won't be able to instantly kill soon.

This is the benefit of hitting super fast. You front load the damage. Hitting fast means I refill my life to full twice as often as well. It means everything. Finally I have really high elemental damage. The flat elemental auras both get multiplied by pain attunement and my aura nodes and by my attack speed. With rf they are multiplied again and each adds full damage to each hit, so faster hits means much more elemental damage. Add in a 20/20 crit curse and triple shocks on everything and my dps is almost triple what it says on the tooltip. I really think I will trivialize all the bosses. You can disagree and follow me and laugh when I fail. But I believe it will work.

I will keep track of the bosses I kill and how much dps is needed to kill them without taking damage. Is this something everyone can do? I don't know. It takes about 150 ex of gear in domination. That is more than many will have and out of reach. But I think I will succeed.
~~~Build - Flay's Flicker Finder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257~~~
~~~Shop - Flay's Fantastic Flea Market - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/631082~~~
Last edited by Sblak on Jan 4, 2014, 10:59:39 PM
If your damage is high enough, you will just freezelock the boss with Hatred, making him helpless. So you dont need 5 millions DPS, actually, you just need enough DPS to freezelock it, then the battle turns into piece of cake. However, in that case, you will suffer from reflect, because with such damage, you can just oneshot yourself.
So, what about physreflect? You agree to die when you occasionaly hit reflecting mob? And dont say me "i will notice it and skip it", because that isnt always possible with Multistrike.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I'm starting out a new shadow and following this build. Firstly thanks for sharing such a great build, it looks like a lot of fun!

I have a decent amount of currency already built up and already have a few key items for this build (rainbow strides, eye of chayula), however I was wondering whether I should try and buy outright 20% quality gems (eg flicker, blood rage etc) or just level them up and vendor recipe it instead? How long does it take to get the gem back to level again, or does it just kill a build like this?
"
zkng wrote:
I'm starting out a new shadow and following this build. Firstly thanks for sharing such a great build, it looks like a lot of fun!

I have a decent amount of currency already built up and already have a few key items for this build (rainbow strides, eye of chayula), however I was wondering whether I should try and buy outright 20% quality gems (eg flicker, blood rage etc) or just level them up and vendor recipe it instead? How long does it take to get the gem back to level again, or does it just kill a build like this?

It takes a long time, actually.
Better try to buy requires quality gems as early as possible. You can buy Q15-18 gems, if price is OK, and use GCP on them later (when you will have funds).
Of course, i dont mean gems with weak quality, like Multistrike. This refers only to those, which quality matters, like Increased Critical Damage...
As for Flicker, it even make sense to buy 20/20 gem, because Flicker, unlike most attacks, becames much stronger when leveled to 20 (+5% additional attack speed per frenzy charge).

There is no knowledge
That is not power
bought a binos for this build, not sure if it was a waste of ex or not :P 10.13% crit is decent
I was wondering if anyone can explain me how to get 90% crit chance?

I have almost the same build with almost the same percentage of critical strike chance in passives , yet I am stuck about 60 ???

If i put off eye of chaula and put some crit amulet with 20-30cc i do not get boost like 70 or 85%

What is the catch?

?

build is almost the same [ i did not pick up some defence stats just did a quick re-spec, followed by poutos from first page and still with even crit on rings i cannot reach 85+ crit chance ?!?!?!?

thx for reading

here is the build , crit nodes are the same.. or i am blind :D
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDkgQexEvEZYV1xa_GNsZ1RrbHhohYCT9J6koKii1KjgrCiy_MFQzDDvhPeI-z0CgRwZMYFBCUUdWY1bqVvVW-luvX2pjQ20ZcFJwVnC7cNV08X3jf8aGrofbiEKMNo2_kBuX0JlXmZqaE52jnrmiLqKjpcumf6c0sbO0xbVItve307k-vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3q1QDXhtfL2xrbbtvU3Q3jhOdU62PsGO1B7g7vTvLh8-r1S_lj_Kv8xf4r_5P_3g==
Last edited by Petardinjo on Jan 11, 2014, 10:16:57 PM
i think op crit chance is screen-shotted with full buffed on chargers.
yes it is.. i've checked by myself and i have 85% with power charges..

for better comparation in my opinion, stats should always be presented as non buffed and buffed..

and if i could get 6L with additional accuracy (20/20) that should go near 90% and that's correct.
Last edited by Petardinjo on Jan 12, 2014, 10:41:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info