Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
Discharge is crap because it consumes all frenzy charges, required to sustain flicker.
Why do you plan to use cast on melee kill AND melee damage on full life? That makes no sense - you should either buff melee damage as high as possible, or spell damage.
Anyway, this combo is crap, 3 supports are needed for flicker to make that work, leaving only 2 "spell" gems to be linked (probably Ethereal Knives). Damage output will be insignificant. and NOT worth your efforts.

I was under the impression that when a monster was killed, Discharge would consume your current charges, and then you'd get new ones from the Kill/kills you just got.

...and you could replace Melee Damage on Full Life with Power Charge on Critical...

...Isn't this was most of the Cast on Crit Dischargers are based on?
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
"
Discharge is crap because it consumes all frenzy charges, required to sustain flicker.
Why do you plan to use cast on melee kill AND melee damage on full life? That makes no sense - you should either buff melee damage as high as possible, or spell damage.
Anyway, this combo is crap, 3 supports are needed for flicker to make that work, leaving only 2 "spell" gems to be linked (probably Ethereal Knives). Damage output will be insignificant. and NOT worth your efforts.

I was under the impression that when a monster was killed, Discharge would consume your current charges, and then you'd get new ones from the Kill/kills you just got.

...and you could replace Melee Damage on Full Life with Power Charge on Critical...

Discharges would never use a skill that consumes charges too. On contrary, they want to build up charges as fast as possible.
If you want CoC, why dont use Specral Throw, Cleave, Doublestrike, Barrage - fasthitting AoE skills?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 13, 2013, 2:51:41 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
"

Discharges would never use a skill that consumes charges too. On contrary, they want to build up charges as fast as possible.
If you want CoC, why dont use Specral Throw, Cleave, Doublestrike, Barrage - fasthitting AoE skills?

cyclone is nice too because it needs no supports and is an aoe like discharge

cyclone, coc, discharge, pcoc (if you're not using voll's), life leech does the trick
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
My Build:

When should i start skilling CI, GR and VP? I still die alot and im not sure if i should skill on this 3 points yet.
Last edited by mustiii361 on Dec 13, 2013, 10:42:42 AM
Your playing with only +66 Max life on gear...

...Your pretty much CI Already...

...Go ahead and switch, lvl 62+ isn't bad.
(Just have the ES Gear to be maxed on resists ready)
Last edited by Epsilon2012 on Dec 13, 2013, 12:12:00 PM
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
Your playing with only +66 Max life on gear...

...Your pretty much CI Already...

...Go ahead and switch, lvl 62+ isn't bad.
(Just have the ES Gear to be maxed on resists ready)

I think my gear is rlly bad and not tanky enaugh. Im thinking to change my boots. But what do you think about carcass should i use it for now? Also im thinking to go 1 Dagger 1 Shield, should i?

Edit: I have extremly mana problems, how can i solve it?
Last edited by mustiii361 on Dec 14, 2013, 7:44:48 AM
Keep in mind I'm nowhere near as experienced as some others here in this thread - I might be able to help you with your problems, though, as I faced similar ones.

First things first, you need a better dagger. This builds lives or dies with your weapon. Something like this

cost me 3 chaos and was even usable in maps, although a far shot from good. I'm not a fan of Carcass Jack with a Flicker build, I don't know how you're going to benefit from it - Quality Melee Splash is all you need.

Instead, buy a Tabula Rasa - the 6L makes Flickering rather easy. Another item that made it possible for me to do 66-68 maps with the dagger mentioned above was the Abyssus unique. Abyssus increased my dps from 9k to 22k (pure phys, without Hatred), it is a very worthy investment.

In the Tabula Rasa 6L you put Flicker Strike - Power Charge on Crit - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Increased Critical Damage.

On the Helmet put Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call (with quality ideally) - Increased Duration - Blood Rage. Level Blood Rage and Increased Duration, keep Immortal Call at a lowish level so it's still supported by CwDT.

This setup makes it so that you can survive physical (reflect) damage due to your amazing damage output, which gives you End Charges due to the support gem. These are used up by Immortal Call to provide complete physical immunity, whenever needed.

--

To combat mana problems, get the 3 Mana Gained on Kill nodes from Shadow Tree (called Soul Siphon). This, in combination with your high damage output, is enough to sustain mana.

--

Keep in mind that my setup takes around 2ex to get going (Abyssus + Tabula Rasa), but if that's outside your price range, I'd suggest having a look at a different build as you will not get very far as a Dagger Flicker without high currency investment. Above setup was used to farm / gain currency and is not save enough to get higher than lvl 80, as you will need to do 68+ maps at that point, and survivability / map mod ability is too gimped to be seriously considered for highlevel endgame.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Is there an optimum attack speed for this build?
I'd imagine too high and you'll run out of mana. Too slow and it's not good enough.

I was thinking about mirroring this dagger:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/672883

And this chest:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/685870

What do you guys think?
IGN: Greydo
Guys i know he made this as like a fun build but would this be viable as a main build in dom? If so do i just copy his exact build or do some things need to be changed?
"
asbo96 wrote:
Guys i know he made this as like a fun build but would this be viable as a main build in dom? If so do i just copy his exact build or do some things need to be changed?

I played this in early domination. Its fun as hell and definately viable. But i specced out cuz i didnt have the currency to make it map viable. Now that i do im switching back.
IGN: Greydo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info