Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

Right now I'm a level 19 shadow and currently do barely any damage with my flicker strike 60 something dps and I go oom in seconds and which is better for dps Marauder or this build. Recently just got frenzy and it seems to be working but still oom fast and damage low. Any sugestions on what I should do and when will I hit the 10k mark with flicker strike?
Last edited by NinjaxDomo on Nov 26, 2013, 1:04:29 AM
"
NinjaxDomo wrote:
Right now I'm a level 19 shadow and currently do barely any damage with my flicker strike 60 something dps and I go oom in seconds and which is better for dps Marauder or this build. Recently just got frenzy and it seems to be working but still oom fast and damage low. Any sugestions on what I should do and when will I hit the 10k mark with flicker strike?

At your level, Blood Magic + life on hit help.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
currently doing this build on Nemesis.

here is my current build:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQ5IEHsRLxGWFdcWvxjbGtseGiFgJJ0oKii1KjgrCiy_L28wVDvhPeI-z0CgRwZI7lFHVmNW6lb6W69famJaY0NtGXBScFZwu3TxeK5_xoauh9uIQo2_kBuZV5mamhOeuaKjpn-nK6c0sbO0xbVItve3073mvjrAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23TfteG18vZE9sa29TdDeL344TrY-wY7UHuDu9O8uHz6vVL-WP8xf-T

just got vaal pact , planning on to rush Adder's touch and pick up some missing crit nodes I unspecced to get the the all res node + vaal pact

here is my current gear :

currently farming docks wich is kinda easy atm.

I wonder if u guys could give me advice if I could do piety runs or maps already?? or farm docks a bit more? especially because iam on Nemesis need to be a bit more carefull, I cant just flicker into everything.

level 72
5k es
13k flicker with all charges up (expect this to go up a bit once I get my crit nodes and adders touch again)
75% fire
63% cold
75% lightning
Last edited by exalition on Nov 26, 2013, 8:07:30 AM
"
exalition wrote:
currently doing this build on Nemesis.

here is my current build:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQ5IEHsRLxGWFdcWvxjbGtseGiFgJJ0oKii1KjgrCiy_L28wVDvhPeI-z0CgRwZI7lFHVmNW6lb6W69famJaY0NtGXBScFZwu3TxeK5_xoauh9uIQo2_kBuZV5mamhOeuaKjpn-nK6c0sbO0xbVItve3073mvjrAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23TfteG18vZE9sa29TdDeL344TrY-wY7UHuDu9O8uHz6vVL-WP8xf-T

just got vaal pact , planning on to rush Adder's touch and pick up some missing crit nodes I unspecced to get the the all res node + vaal pact

here is my current gear :

currently farming docks wich is kinda easy atm.

I wonder if u guys could give me advice if I could do piety runs or maps already?? or farm docks a bit more? especially because iam on Nemesis need to be a bit more carefull, I cant just flicker into everything.

level 72
5k es
13k flicker with all charges up (expect this to go up a bit once I get my crit nodes and adders touch again)
75% fire
63% cold
75% lightning

Gratz mate on reaching lv 72 on Nemesis :D.I would advise against running more difficult content right now,not because u can't,because it's nemesis :P.I d say grab weapon artistry after,and then increase your crit chance.Crit chance gives lower damage than multiplier,but also gives consistency on your damage,and your life leech.You also need a 5L.Maybe until your ES is over 6K,since it is nemesis,it might be better your 5th socket to be increased critical strikes instead of multiplier,in order to be safer against reflect as well.ALso it would may be better to use double strike+ splash for a while,desync is very very dangerous
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I woudnt recommended using flicker in Nemesis. Desyncs and lags will be too strong, and later you'll regret it, probably, when you'll die because of it....

It would be nice to have better crit chance on your dagger....even with worse DPS...
Cold res MUST be fixed. We dont want to freeze to death, do we?
As for chest - dude, you really need a 5-L. Roll it to 200+ ES with alterations, try regal then. I know, in nemesis everyone wants to survive, but high enough DPS will help your survival more than slightly higher ES. BTW, comparing to other gear pieces, your chest is just UTTER CRAP!
You dont need magnate too, probably. I think it's better to get rustic sash with decent resistances.

As for piety - you'll need better damage. Also you will need CWDT+Immortal Call+increased duration combo to deal with physical damage and reflect. It is just must-have in Nemesis, lol. Having batter accuracy from gear is another good idea. Misses are very dangerous because you dont leech ES and mana, and your attack stops. I'd recommended to focus on obtaining as high hit/crit chance, as possible, for consistency.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
@Poutsos tnx for the advice man , using double strike right now and works just fine too. obviously slower clear speed but allot saver. gonna grab weapon artistry next level and then go adders touch.

@MortalKombat3 i know my chest is bad , its the number one priority item that needs to be replaced. been trying to get a decent 5 link es chest for awhile already , once my chest is 5 link i can put flicker in the chest and use maligaros for double strike/frenzy ( was using maligaro for flicker before) also rolling my dagger for triple/double red for CWDT+Immortal call atm just ran out of chroms...

used this belt before using magnate , u think switching it back and getting more cold on rings?

what should i use as the 5th link right now? still crit dmg? and could u give a rough estimate of my dps after a 5 link flicker/double strike?

anyway tnx for the advice both of you! trying to pull this build off on nemesis is definitely not easy. i played this game since early closed beta so kinda know how to play around desync and this is definitely the most fun build i did so far , iam gonna try it anyway and see how far i will come :)
Last edited by exalition on Nov 26, 2013, 8:51:54 AM
rolling 3 reds on a dagger isnt a good idea. However, you have no choice as have no pieces with armour at all (you didnt posted your boots, though).

As for belt, well, you'll need better resists from it, generally. Switch to it if you can get full benefit of those resists. It isnt easy to make gear setup which provides +75 all res as well as all other stats you need, without too much overcaps, etc that greatly increases gear cost.

What put into 5-th link? You can put increased critical damage or melee physical damage (if you get armour/ES chest) for best DPS output, and power charge on critical or added accuracy - for less DPS but much better consistency. If you will get pure ES chest, you will be forced to use blue gem, and more probably, 2 blue gems (because rolling 4 proper offcolours is very difficult and isnt worth chromatics wasted for 5-L). So, the best setup for 5-L pure ES for you will be:
(Mandatory gems) Flicker - Melee Splash - Multistrike
(DPS gems) Increased Critical Damage - Power Charge on critical

You need good critical strike chance to get benefit from power charge on critical. That could be done with getting a dagger with better crit chance, increasing crit chance bonus with gear and passives. However, with Poutsos's build you dont have access to such powerful crit nodes, that make 7.1 crit chance viable later. You need at least 8% crit chance, or even 9+.
There is another option, though - take path into int area instead, revising build quite a much (like i did). Int path will give you access to most powerful crit nodes on the tree (such as Disemboweling), as well as all power charge nodes. However, taking such a path requires more nodes, and you options will be greatly limited with your skillpoints. Since in Nemesis surviving is a priority, it wont be wise to take a build that will have less than +150% increased max ES.

To get better flexibility, you'll need to buy armour+ES chest or Tabula Rasa. With them, you can try any combination you want. For obvious reasons, ES on them will be lower, that on pure ES chests, though (and no ES at all on Tabula Rasa).

You have 3 red links in Maligaro's You can use them for CWDT/IC/ID. You can also put your Blood rage there, to benefit from Increased Duration (and since it will be leveled, CWDT wont affect it). Smart use of recent CWDT nerf, huh? :)

There is no knowledge
That is not power
How much chrom did it take ya guys to roll RRRG on those maligaros', I must have spent 100 already and nothing.

Thinking of buying a new pair precolored. :(
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Nov 26, 2013, 10:59:22 AM
were the screenshots taken with the exact gear and tree you posted? or were you using an abysus and tabula rasa to get the perfect skill combinations?

@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
"
Sixnia wrote:
were the screenshots taken with the exact gear and tree you posted? or were you using an abysus and tabula rasa to get the perfect skill combinations?

No mate,i am an honest man.The screenshots were all taken with my gear setup,except the last one with abysuss were i used tabula rasa,as i clearly state it above the screenshot(the 475K one-which is not the perfect skill combination,just the highest DPS one :D)

GoranH - Dunno how many chromes,but i think alot :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info