I made a scion version for this build:
Scion flicker

It has a lot of advantages:
30% all res
30% max es
extra endurance charge
+2 melee range
conduit
and the added benefit of not having to pick up str nodes.

The down side is less damage and crit:
losing: 30% weapon dmg 100% crit 30% crit multi
gaining: 16% atk spd.

The other area it differs is added defenses from shield and accuracy.

You lose 40% added defenses from shield which I'm not sure how important it is. How much of the 30% added es you gain be eaten up by this loss? I tried to compensate a little for this by taking the 1 point in the duelist tree.

The accuracy changes from 526 accuracy to 220 accuracy (just from the lower dex the scion build has mainly) but the added accuracy percentage raises from 20% in the shadow build to 32%+ in the scion build (just by taking the nodes near the scion start, I just took 1 point to try and even the builds).

I know its a bit subjective, and depends on gear, but should I consider dropping some ES/atkspd to pick up more crit chance or accuracy? Can I afford to drop the ES since I'm getting less from shield talents?

IGN: Vals
I know the build in the video is making use of a godly dagger than I will never obtain, but if I did pony up say, 10 exalts for a dagger and went for a 5L chest, I know I'm looking at this very budget minded but how effective would I still be?
Anyone with similar gear and costs to reply would be much appreciated.
I don't want to start buying things for a build if it's only going to be mediocre. There's plenty of other builds that can do that.
I already have a lvl 70+ specced just no gear to support using him.
MK3 Yeah,it is seems like we think same :)

Wenlock Your tree looks good stat wise,but there are some evere problems.n.1 is the lack of intelligence/mana/mana regeneration.Flicker is very mana intensive,and most ppl here have mana issues.The increased attack speed that u have from the tree doesnt help either.I d definetely recommend removing the ES passives in Scion Area and spending these 10 points,first in the witch,and the rest on getting mental acculty.This way u only lose 4% ES,and u gain 60 mana,20% mana regen and 30% crit chance(10 intelligence=2% ES+5mana).THis way it might be possible,but still hard.I also have primal spirit for more regen and mana,AND 5 mana gained on kill to be confortable,and still on half regen maps,i either use dream fragments or clarity.N.2 is accuracy.I cannot stress enough how important is accuracy on a crit build.I ve said before that there are factors with crit+accuracy that are not calculated on the tooltip DPS.The issue is more important than it seems(read "evasion" artcile on wiki for more info).It can work,but u d definetely need large amounts of accuracy on rings and helmet.For my expirience,this build needs a minimum of 85-86% hit chance to be really efficient.In maps that i change rings and my accuracy falls to 84$,the difference is very noticable.My 2 cents :D

wenlock I still have a 5L chest,and until very recently i was using a self found dgger :).Only the first videos are with the godly dagger.Rest of them i was using an inferior dagger(still very good though),and if u see the spoiler,i have videos back from when i was using a 220DPS dagger with 6.2 crit(the worst possible),5K ES and abyssus,all with a very unptimised version of the build,low resistances and generally full glass cannon.So yeah.,with a 10 exalt dagger and a decent 5L with the right colours(the hard part),the build will work very very well.However if u are asking,that u might have better results with the same investmen on another build,then propably yes.A facebreaker build is impossible to beat on that budget.But on the other hand,facebreaker just peaks somewhere and it can't really improve,while this one can scale amazingly with gear :).And never say u wont ever get a godly dagger.I was extremely poor and half of is self found.The only reason i was able to get this dagger was the incredible luck of finding a Kaoms,which was turned legacy,which allowed me to get alot of exalts out of it+an auxium as part of the deal,and some other nice items(most importantly my old self found dagger).Currently i am broke :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 22, 2013, 1:33:48 PM
There is a new mirror dagger now the guy who crafted want 50 exalts fee.

My opinion the dagger i have now(like yours is enough goood).

What you think?
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
Last edited by DonTrafalgarLaw on Nov 22, 2013, 1:56:34 PM
"
Vals wrote:
I made a scion version for this build:
Scion flicker

It has a lot of advantages:
30% all res
30% max es
extra endurance charge
+2 melee range
conduit
and the added benefit of not having to pick up str nodes.

The down side is less damage and crit:
losing: 30% weapon dmg 100% crit 30% crit multi
gaining: 16% atk spd.

The other area it differs is added defenses from shield and accuracy.

You lose 40% added defenses from shield which I'm not sure how important it is. How much of the 30% added es you gain be eaten up by this loss? I tried to compensate a little for this by taking the 1 point in the duelist tree.

The accuracy changes from 526 accuracy to 220 accuracy (just from the lower dex the scion build has mainly) but the added accuracy percentage raises from 20% in the shadow build to 32%+ in the scion build (just by taking the nodes near the scion start, I just took 1 point to try and even the builds).

I know its a bit subjective, and depends on gear, but should I consider dropping some ES/atkspd to pick up more crit chance or accuracy? Can I afford to drop the ES since I'm getting less from shield talents?

That wont work. Too strong lack of stats, too little crit chance and damage, too little acuracy and mana, and a lot of useless point get (like those from duelist). You got tons of ES, but it's possible with shadow build too.
I've tested a lot of builds with DPS calculator, both scion and shadow. I've made even better scion build, but it wasstill inferior to shadow. Shadow's starting nodes are just too strong, and scion's - too weak. And you dont need resists from build, use gear for that.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 22, 2013, 3:57:32 PM
Yes I do have a facebreaking BoR aegis that is basicly capped on damage, but this build just looks to fun not to try. I could sell all my gear from the marauder and easily afford to run the shadow. But I want to keep him. He very reliable in maps. I'll keep my eyes open for a descent dagger then. Thanks for the info
"
There is a new mirror dagger now the guy who crafted want 50 exalts fee.

My opinion the dagger i have now(like yours is enough goood).

What you think?

With that dagger my crit chance is already very high.... can't imagine why I'd need more. I'd almost prefer the extra damage. The other dagger is a bit faster too, but I'm not trying to waste all my mana. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that the other dagger isn't better :P
IGN: Sin
hi poutsos,
congratz on the dagger. do you kill yourself without abyssus, when using splash? and why dont you have the soul siphon node? in your video it seemed like you were out of mana sometimes.
i wanted to let you know that linking multistrike with frenzy isnt a good idea because you only get one frenzy charge per 3 strikes that way. id say use faster attacks instead. that way you will build charges much faster.
gl
Last edited by thenewapollo on Nov 23, 2013, 8:33:45 PM
Wenlock Yeah,keep the marauder.FB is just too macho to get rid :D

DonTraf and WitchFoundation That new dagger is definetely better than the one we use.However i am conviced that Kolp's is still more suitable for flicker.Higher damage per hit,and less speed.

thenewapollo Thanks man.I don;t really need soul siphon.Even with just 5 mana gained on kill,i am doing pretty good when killing mobs.I might run out of mana if some mobs dont die very fast,but this can be easily countered with a few mana potions.About frenzy,i know that faster attacks instead of multistrike will give me charges faster.However i do not use frenzy just to gain charges.It is a main attack.You can see that i face tank bosses with it.Eg.ig there;s a boss and mobs around it,sometimes i want to focus on the boss and not flicker around.Frenzy is perfect for that.Thats why i use multistrike,cause in terms of DPS it outperforms faster attack(i ve tested them).Plus it is easier to face tank a reflect mob
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
had to put this character on hold :(
I'm stuck lvl wise and cant clear lunaris properly
so I started a new char in hopes of reaching endgame easily and gaining some currency for a gg 5l es chest and maybe a dagger
dis mah sig.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info