{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

Would it make sense to link the spectre with life leech? because i have one spare socket for my burning miscreations (im swapping my tabula rasa), or is there a better gem to increase the survival of my spectre?

At the monemnt im using:

Increased AOE, Minion HP, Resistance, Increase burning damage and nothing in the last socket.
Last edited by Futteman on Nov 19, 2013, 5:37:52 AM
I go for a different 5 support every time I summon them - IIR, IIQ, Minion damage, melee damage, multistrike, never tried leech since haven't got a lvled one. It might work, but all supports past the ones you use have little point on them.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Futteman wrote:
Would it make sense to link the spectre with life leech? because i have one spare socket for my burning miscreations (im swapping my tabula rasa), or is there a better gem to increase the survival of my spectre?

At the monemnt im using:

Increased AOE, Minion HP, Resistance, Increase burning damage and nothing in the last socket.

Don't bother with Life Leech. Unrighteous Fire won't leech anything and they have 1 pitiful auto attack. If you do want to 5-Link them, add an Empower Gem. +2 levels to spectre will reduce the Less Life modifier penalty by 4%, slightly uping damage and survivability.

"
Allnamestaken wrote:
I go for a different 5 support every time I summon them - IIR, IIQ, Minion damage, melee damage, multistrike, never tried leech since haven't got a lvled one. It might work, but all supports past the ones you use have little point on them.

Pretty sure you got something mixed up, since you should never be running any of those on a BM.
Last edited by Moose65 on Nov 19, 2013, 11:53:43 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
There is a point where 8% will be greater than +40hp. I think the cut off point was 200% at 1k hp. The cutoff point would be lower once u get more flat hp than 1k.

Also this build is passive point hungry, you want all you can get.

1000 * 2 = 2000
1040 * 1.92 = 1996.8

I definitely get that the build is point-hungry, but if you're grabbing those 8% life nodes and they're not essential nodes to get to a key ability, it really comes down to whether the 8% from a skill point or the 40hp base gives you more long term hp.

Is there any easy way to determine your base hp, other than looking at your strength and bonus hp from items and doing the math? I'm still finishing cruel so I have lots of room for my items to change, which means I'll see lots of variations on +hp before I get to a farming build. I sort of doubt I'll have enough bonus hp from gear to make it worth respeccing from Oak's reward to get the skill point, but it'd be nice to be able to calculate what's best, at least.
"
Not alpha howl, I decided not to go too crazy with auras, that 1% max res on the new auras isn't worth it (if its even possible).

Got this pretty cheap, but then spend a furtune on shroms.

Holy... you rolled 3 off colors on a pure dex helm no wonder it took so many chromes lol.

----------------------------------
here is some math behind my setup

Moose65 kindly calculated the damage you will get with attack speed vs flat damage boosting.

"
Moose65 wrote:
Thought you might find this interesting, as I was trying to find out the max possible physical minion damage you could get on zombies (While maintaining an AoE aspect). Base numbers I used was 100 damage (couldn't find zombie damage naturally) but I did see a post after digging that said their base attack speed was 1.

First numbers are using 135% Minion passives, 15% Sidhebreath, 40% Sunblast, 100% Mon'tregul's Grasp with Multi-Strike, Melee Splash, Added Physical, Remote Mine, Trap, and assumed 20% quality and Calculated as the primary target of Zombie attacks.

DPS was 2185.79

Swapping Trap for Faster attacks

DPS was 2320.27.

Removing Faster Attacks for Trap again and adding in Reachable Mine/Trap combo nodes (148%)

DPS was 2803.15.

I don't expect you to try it out since it would take quite a bit of respecing, but its interesting to note that Faster Attacks is generally better for Summoners with low Flat% damage, but the higher their willing to raise their Flat damage, Trap Support Surpasses it at a certain point. Hatred doesn't care one way or the other since it scales off of physical damage and Speed and Physical both help it about the same. However, more damage does have the slight advantage on helping to reach the chill/freeze threshold even if DPS is slightly lower due to slower attacks.

Anger and Wrath however probably throws things off. Faster attacks obviously scales the best with it, but I'm not 100% sure how passives will affect it. Multi-Strike defiantly lowers the damage of the, but Melee Splash doesn't. I know minion damage "should" boost it, not 100% sure about trap/mine though since that is simply boosting zombie damage, and may not apply the same way as minion damage.

Hopefully I'm not annoying ya, but I was wondering for a long time if Faster Attacks was truly superior to Trap or not, and if you don't invest in passives, it obviously is of course.

PS - I know Donald's Guide says 3300 DPS Zombies, but I didn't factor in Curses or Hatred with the raw physical damage.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Last edited by mattc3303 on Nov 19, 2013, 1:03:46 PM
"
Moose65 wrote:

"
Allnamestaken wrote:

Pretty sure you got something mixed up, since you should never be running any of those on a BM.

Nah, I just figured if I have a slot available why not use it for something, and since all BM need are 3-4 supports it always leaves at least one emplty. They do attack sometimes...so for that 1 in a million chance that they kill something with autoattack I give them magic find or just raise teh damage for the heck of it.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
Moose65 wrote:

"
Allnamestaken wrote:

Nah, I just figured if I have a slot available why not use it for something, and since all BM need are 3-4 supports it always leaves at least one emplty. They do attack sometimes...so for that 1 in a million chance that they kill something with autoattack I give them magic find or just raise teh damage for the heck of it.

Ah ok. BMs really only need 4 slots to be honest, but if you do have a spare slot, Empower is honestly the best gem they can get.

4% more HP = More damage + Survivability. Not that it matters, but Empower will also give them a 4% more multiplier for their auto attack damage, and if you do run Discipline, the ES penalty drops by 4% as well.
Do Fire Penetration/Increased Area of Effect not work with Burned Miscreations?

I've been summoning mine with a 6L: RS + Increased Burning Damage + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance + Minion Life + Increased Area of Effect + Fire Penetration.
Entered an unidentified Temple Map today.

Saw Piety, then three large lightning balls flying at me.

Tragedy occurred.

Seriously, how do you guys beat Temple Piety? Even without multiple projectile nonsense, her lightning strike and ball wipe my minions instantly.
"
ddm5182 wrote:
Do Fire Penetration/Increased Area of Effect not work with Burned Miscreations?

I've been summoning mine with a 6L: RS + Increased Burning Damage + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance + Minion Life + Increased Area of Effect + Fire Penetration.

Fire Pen only works with attacks that land, dots are not effected as they are not / cant penetrate mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info