Ruler of Wraeclast Pack

I overpaid for my coffee last week by 20 cents :(
Crazy money, in my country salary 1000$ a month considered very good. 1000+ - success in life...
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
I have survived on 80 euro's in the last 4 years, i consider that a success. Still probs to all supporters.

You are doing what some of us wish we could i suppose :).
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
Charan I have to ask, what's your profession? You seem like an awful nice guy to be a head honcho for a larger company, but I struggle to think how much scratch you have in order to drop that much scratch on a free game.

That much is hard for me to imagine even on a doctor's salary. Is it just that you place a higher priority on supporting indie devs?

Let's just say my resume would be sparse for anything much more impressive than flipping burgers. My jobs in the past have been extremely low grade on paper but I have a habit of getting into the right ears by staying outside the pecking order of a workplace.

None of that has to do with how or why I can support GGG though. I daresay that had I earned all that money through the usual channels, I'd be much more loath to allocate it to what is in essence dead money from a personal standpoint. I consider myself a benefactor to GGG, a patron to their art.

I don't think anyone who's had to work for every dollar and cent becomes one of those. In some ways it's a guilt thing. One minute you don't have enough, the next you have 'too much'. What do you do with it? You either get stupid, shove it up your nose or down your throat, or you go on living by your former standards and find worthy causes to support.

Before you ask, yes I've sponsored a child, and yes, some charities take money out of my bank account regularly without me even noticing.

But they're not close to my heart. Path of Exile is. The post I made when I first got here expresses that very clearly, and that was made before I gave GGG anything.

So my profession isn't really the issue. What is is the fact that I can afford to do this, and I know how much it means because not that long ago, a hundred bucks was a fortune to me.

And who knows? With my addiction for supporting indie awesomeness, maybe I'll be there again...!

To which I say, well, what have I lost? Really? :)

I like this guy.

I gamble when I feel like shit, prehaps so that I can feel a new level of shit. Once lost £10,000 on one spin of roulette, put it on black, 16 red came up. Didn't really care, or pretended I didn't, not sure.

Contemplating getting a ruler pack, have the money in my bank and it bothers me, I can't sleep properly. Ruler pack, go put it on black, or go to Hungary and get 12 new teeth. It's not what to spend it on that interrupts my sleep, it's just the fact it is there.

Who knows, I haven't quite figured it all out yet.
"
I actually don't gamble much. I think I'm aware how easily I could ruin myself doing so. Here in Australia, gambling is much less taboo than in certain other first world countries. I grew up experiencing trips to the races where my folks would place a bet or two on my behalf. One of Australia's most sacred days is celebrated with national gambling on a flip of two coins.

It's pretty much in our blood but only a fool a) gambles money he can't afford to lose and b) isn't fully prepared to lose everything he puts in.

I fear I'd be such a fool, so I stay away from the temptation.

In a way supporting GGG is both smarter and dumber than gambling the money. On the one hand, I know the money is going to a good cause. On the other, even gambling has a chance to produce some sort of financial return.

In the end, once you're talking about disposable wealth, it all comes down to whatever will bring the biggest smile to your face. For a lot of people, that means self gratification. To others, it may mean spoiling friends and loved ones. I'm blessed and cursed in that they are one and the same for me.

Post of the day. :)

And it made me smile. And another quality you know what. ;)
"
I actually don't gamble much. I think I'm aware how easily I could ruin myself doing so. Here in Australia, gambling is much less taboo than in certain other first world countries. I grew up experiencing trips to the races where my folks would place a bet or two on my behalf. One of Australia's most sacred days is celebrated with national gambling on a flip of two coins.

It's pretty much in our blood but only a fool a) gambles money he can't afford to lose and b) isn't fully prepared to lose everything he puts in.

In a way supporting GGG is both smarter and dumber than gambling the money. On the one hand, I know the money is going to a good cause. On the other, even gambling has a chance to produce some sort of financial return.

In the end, once you're talking about disposable wealth, it all comes down to whatever will bring the biggest smile to your face. For a lot of people, that means self gratification. To others, it may mean spoiling friends and loved ones. I'm blessed and cursed in that they are one and the same for me.

I didn't mean to imply you were gambling, just felt like rambling.
some players are millionaires $12,000 to them is like $20 to me, It's all relative.
Git R Dun!
rofl'ed reading the second half of your sign.
Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/ -- Path of Exile Fan Club! Meet the devs, get exclusive sneak peeks and info!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum -- Welcome to the Path of Exile Complaints Department. Your feedback is valuable to us. This is not a recorded message. Welcome to the Path of----
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
"

This dude's English is so awkward, did he even go to school?
Since it worked a few pages back, Charan, spare me a few stash tabs, pretty please?

OT:
So that's what the Ruler of Wraeclast thing is. I've been playing for less than two months and was kept wondering about it. Good for you Charan. I have no job right now. Resigned from my last job last November. Before I resigned there were times I'd be working 80 hours in one week. My only breaks are restroom breaks and eating lunch at my workstation (was a Business Intelligence consultant before). Been focusing on my business since then. Path of Exile is my sort of relaxation entertainment to prevent burnout. Right now I'm very much enjoying the life because my time is my own. I'll probably end up putting more hours a week than when I had a job, but now I can rest when I want to.

Also, HOT DAMN! RoW pack is more than my year's salary! Before I resigned, that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info