got muted for a sarcastic remark for 24 hours?

"
Britannicus wrote:
"
twentygold wrote:

without context or a target that is being called that, I really can't see how its more offensive than WhiteBoy (no offense, not to put you on the spot or anything, but I need something to compare to)

Let me give you a brief quotation from the wikipedia article on the term:

"This term is controversial because it was reappropriated only two decades ago from its use as an anti-gay epithet. Furthermore, some LGBT people disapprove of using queer as a catch-all because they consider it offensive, derisive or self-deprecating given its continuous use as a form of hate speech. "

Context goes both ways. Don't expect them to assume either derogatory or nonderogatory context.

look if a show about the people who are supposedly offended by the term uses the word in the name of their show (not once, but at least 2 different shows) then the word alone is not offensive.

I fear this thread has become an argument about what's considered offensive and why. The thread has served its purpose (thanks again WhiteBoy88 for providing information on how I can track down the reason). It's GGG's game and GGG's choice of what they don't want in it.

I don't agree with their policy so I won't play use their product and everyone can be happy.

Closing the tab for this thread now, any responses to me won't be seen (sorry).
I hope for the sake of your communication with humans in the world that you come to realize that a term which has a history of being offensive is also charged with that history.

Sorry your commitment to naive conception of human language has deterred you from playing this game.
I hope you decide to stick around and enjoy the game, twentygold. I can understand if you can't accept their policy, though.

As already stated, this thread has served its purpose.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info