got muted for a sarcastic remark for 24 hours?

I have yet to see a single "GM" GGG is like a 15 man team, and they don't hire outsiders to "GM" ingame.
What was your character name?
You can email or PM support to resolve your issue.

support@grindinggear.com
PM

I assure you that they didn't mute you for saying what is posted in this thread. It was either a mistake or there was more said. There are far more criticizing things said that don't get players muted.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
You can email or PM support to resolve your issue.

support@grindinggear.com
PM

I assure you that they didn't mute you for saying what is posted in this thread. It was either a mistake or there was more said. There are far more criticizing things said that don't get players muted.

cool, thanks for the helpful response. everyone else wants to call me a liar and a troll.
Immediately after it occurred, there should have been a note in chat as per the reason why.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
Immediately after it occurred, there should have been a note in chat as per the reason why.

I must have missed the message, I wasn't paying attention to everything being said (mostly about d3).

I'll take this opportunity to leave feedback on the delivery method of mute reasons:

instead of putting it in the chat window when the mute occurs, add a note to the mute itself that is displayed every time the "you have been muted for XX time" message is displayed.
I got a quick response from the email provided by WhiteBoy88.

The mute was due to my character name which I do not agree is offensive but I will not post it in the forum since the GM does feel offended by it.

I would like to point out that if there are words that are considered offensive regardless of context, they should be blocked by a filter at the time of name selection.
"
twentygold wrote:
oh well, ill just pass on this game. i don't have the patience for immature GMs.

Now look who is immature. There is no need to even border on being offensive with your character name.
"
Britannicus wrote:
"
twentygold wrote:
oh well, ill just pass on this game. i don't have the patience for immature GMs.

Now look who is immature. There is no need to even border on being offensive with your character name.

when I first made my character name, it wasn't a word that was considered offensive (and still isn't I don't think, unless you are screaming it at someone). There are even shows that use the word in their name on cable tv.

Gamer identity is important to keep in contact with people for over a decade across many games.

passing on a game because of policies that I do not agree could be considered mature; at least more mature than continuing to play the game breaking every rule.
Well, you have to realize that the game is still in beta, and some of the policies and some of the implementation of those policies haven't been worked out.

Anyways, there is no good reason to use any word which can potentially be use derogatorily toward a specific class of people (be it by gender, sexual orientation, race or religion). If I am missing the mark, so be it, but it is good advice regardless.
Last edited by Britannicus on Jul 28, 2012, 4:19:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info