high life RF build is useless now

"
aristolholy wrote:

i think high life RF build need a buff, not a big nerf that can make it useless, why?
because this build was already unpopular build compared to LA ranger, FP, low life RF, ROA, ground slam marauder, dual totem spark, dual totem ice spear, ele cleave, EB templar, LS CI/templar, and other build that we know are very popluar, and why is high life RF unpopular?

1.u need rise of the phoenix shield, all regen node + elemntal adaptation, and lv 20 purity + vitality to sustain RF without losing life, and achieving lv 20 purity is not easy, u must be lv 80+ to make it lv 20

2.high life RF build have a high risk like all other melee build, because RF ring of fire without inc.aoe support gem is really tiny, so u must always face to face with monster in order to kill them

3.high life RF user can killed instantly when enemy cast curse like flammibility or elemntal weakness

4.RF gem cant be linked with other support gem EXCEPT inc. area of effect, just that one support gem only, this make it less powerfull compared to other skill gem, especially when u want to farm rarity, because IIR and IIQ gem also not work with RF

5.inc burning damage from gem or passive node do increase ur RF damage, but it will also increase the damage U TAKE per second

6.early game before u can maintain RF, u must popping ruby flask all the time in order to survive

7.late game when u have rise of the phoenix, all regen node and EA, and lv20 purity+vitality, finally u can sustain RF, even when all of that is done, high life RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, because its do damage based on 50% of ur max LIFE, so example u have 5k life at lv 80, so u just do 2.5k damage MAX, because u must also calculate enemy fire resist, so if enemy have 50% fire resist, u just do 1.25k DPS, that is REALLY LOW compared to other build at that level

8.thats why its really needed RF to be always-on skill, because if its not (like before rise of phoenix is introduced), high life RF build must struggle when PARTY because they NEED to kill in order to sustain the "popping ruby flask ritual", but that was not an easy task because RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, its become worsen with upcoming new patch that nerfing life node and EA, if that nerf was really happen, high life RF build is officially dead because they must do that popping ruby flask ritual again, this time its harder because lower life mean lower survivability and lower damage
"
benkeia wrote:
build is burried, even if people find a way to get the 3%regen+ they are going to need you cant do maps on a base regen of 0% because of reasons anyone that does maps would figure it out.

it used to be imposible to do before the phoenix shield was introduced and will be imposible after. People will be able to run docks with it but dificult rare maps will be nearly imposible

Really now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtaH8bPtQw
This build has been around since before the Rise of Pheonix Shield, and the Pheonix Shield makes it far easier to run than this players experience with it was. I'm certain that now that you have more recources available than before, you can make it work.
Of course you can still make it work, but it takes so much more for it to work that it isn't rewarding for making this build.

Pre-Patch:
Max cap for fire resistance was 92% (not including Inner Force) which meant that a player need to get 8.0% regen. 7.4% from passive tree along with a level 2 Vitality was the break even point, and any above would heal you.

Post-Patch:
Max cap for fire resistance is 89% meaning that a player now needs 11.0% regen to break even. 7.4% from passive tree, 1.5% from level 20 Vitality, and .2% regen per endurance charge. 9 endurance charges(3 from passive tree, 1 from Merciless Oak, 2 from Kaom's Sign unique rings) would bring you up to 10.7% regen which still isn't enough. The player would still require a ruby flask making most of the regen useless.

I don't need to test this build out after the patch, I have math on my side. You could argue rejuvenation totem, but that doesn't give a percent based regen and micro-managing both totem and endurance charges gives little time to actually play the game.
"
RF needs to be completely reworked because even before these changes the skill was utterly impractical early to mid-game and late game required niche builds with Shav or Phoenix shield uniques. Worst the vast majority of people with RF builds use it because of the spell damage modifier while the burning aura is largely arbitrary.

A skill that requires uniques to even be effectively used is a skill that needs to be redesigned.

So you want to nerf a skill that has HIGH requirements and provides HIGH benefits?

Nice thought bud.
"
HuntedOrphan wrote:

I don't need to test this build out after the patch, I have math on my side. You could argue rejuvenation totem, but that doesn't give a percent based regen and micro-managing both totem and endurance charges gives little time to actually play the game.

+1
high life RF build is useless now? you have a skill reset button
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
HuntedOrphan wrote:

go math yourself, this is a beta. test is our purpose.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
"
HuntedOrphan wrote:

go math yourself, this is a beta. test is our purpose.

I respect your opinion and for the most part agree with it, but let me tell you a scenario with that mentality.

Lets say during a beta whether it be open or closed that all the players in it only test, and never did the math on any builds, but only tested practicality. The result of this will be that things get overlooked. When the game then goes live a player with a mind for math could find and optimize a build that would be extremely overpowered to the point of it being game breaking, something that wouldn't have been found during practicality testing. Surely after the build has been discovered it will become common knowledge for people who will all spec for that, throwing off game balance.

I'm not saying there won't or shouldn't be strong builds out there, I'm simply stating that without math to go along with execution then it is hard to achieve balance.
"
HuntedOrphan wrote:
Of course you can still make it work, but it takes so much more for it to work that it isn't rewarding for making this build.

Pre-Patch:
Max cap for fire resistance was 92% (not including Inner Force) which meant that a player need to get 8.0% regen. 7.4% from passive tree along with a level 2 Vitality was the break even point, and any above would heal you.

Post-Patch:
Max cap for fire resistance is 89% meaning that a player now needs 11.0% regen to break even. 7.4% from passive tree, 1.5% from level 20 Vitality, and .2% regen per endurance charge. 9 endurance charges(3 from passive tree, 1 from Merciless Oak, 2 from Kaom's Sign unique rings) would bring you up to 10.7% regen which still isn't enough. The player would still require a ruby flask making most of the regen useless.

There is a ton of "+% life regeneration on low life" items too, though, which you can use to make your life easier. aru-tiki comes to mind, as does Anbu; which makes it easier to hold charges anyway.

Sometimes the satisfaction in doing something -is- in it's difficulties.
"
Flickerflare wrote:
"
HuntedOrphan wrote:

Pre-Patch:

Post-Patch:

There is a ton of "+% life regeneration on low life" items too, though, which you can use to make your life easier. aru-tiki comes to mind, as does Anbu; which makes it easier to hold charges anyway.

Sometimes the satisfaction in doing something -is- in it's difficulties.

well that work for low life RF build with shavronne chest, but not with high life RF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info