high life RF build is useless now

"
vfo925 wrote:
"
RF needs to be completely reworked because even before these changes the skill was utterly impractical early to mid-game and late game required niche builds with Shav or Phoenix shield uniques. Worst the vast majority of people with RF builds use it because of the spell damage modifier while the burning aura is largely arbitrary.

A skill that requires uniques to even be effectively used is a skill that needs to be redesigned.

Can't agree more.
the 80% "more" spell dmg is apparently too OP.
And it keeps everyone trying to reduce their max hp to lower the burning damage to both themselves and enemies, because it is useless.

This skill need to be re-do .

Plus, you can put the gem into a +1 gem/+2 fire weapon to get the % even higher and it was increased by inner force. It basically doubles spell damage.

The issue is simple. It burns the player for too much too quick and is impractical until it can be negated. No one will use an ability that brings them to 1HP. That is suicide.
"
aristolholy wrote:
"
Fumina wrote:
They should simply delete RF Gem now, it is not useable anymore.

its unusable anymore but i dont think deleting RF gem is a good idea since i already spend all my time and energy to build that pure life RF build until lv 86, and its useless now...even when they grant all player free passive refund, most of my equip is obselete now

This is the crippling part of this patch and I'm in the exact same boat. Six characters later, my high HP & RF build was the best I've made yet. I've invested all my currency to make it happen. They nerfed HP, FP, and max resist such that I can no longer use my character that I've heavily invested in. BRUTAL PATCH.
Hi

Still waiting for them to get avatar of fire off the ''forge'' as the devs put it.

RF was and is always a gimmick to me, very few builds can utilize it properly and the skill is a horrible replacement for avatar of fire.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Curious, what is Avatar of Fire? Or what was it?
hmmm

75% normal fire
2% ele adaptation
8% phoenix
4% purity

hmmm 89% fire leaves 11% lifereg/sec to be compensated old tree it was easy to copensated 7,4% leaving a burn of 3,6% life/sec

oldschool tiki+ambus lowlife 3% leaving you with 0,6% acivate vitality voila 0,9% reg
see still works :)

i think your qq is valid on the other hand rf life builds were really fragile in itself one ele weakness and your whole calculation for lifereg went downhill
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 3, 2013, 2:20:48 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
hmmm

75% normal fire
2% ele adaptation
8% phoenix
4% purity

hmmm 89% fire leaves 11% lifereg/sec to be compensated old tree it was easy to copensated 7,4% leaving a burn of 3,6% life/sec

oldschool tiki+ambus lowlife 3% leaving you with 0,6% acivate vitality voila 0,9% reg
see still works :)

i think your qq is valid on the other hand rf life builds were really fragile in itself one ele weakness and your whole calculation for lifereg went downhill

its suicide to run pure life RF with low life, cause all the time u must face to face with monster to damage them, so u actually taking damage most of the time

before this patch, that can be compensated with high life and max resist, but with upcoming new patch u will have lower health which mean u do lower damage which mean u must take more damage from monster before u kill them (because u do 50% of ur max life pool for damage)

and with elemntal adaptation nerf u burn 3.6% of ur max life/sec and add it with monster damage and lower max resist, pure life RF build is useless now
Last edited by aristolholy on Jun 4, 2013, 5:19:41 AM
"
aristolholy wrote:

before this patch, that can be compensated with high life and max resist, but with upcoming new patch u will have lower health which mean u do lower damage which mean u must take more damage from monster before u kill them (because u do 50% of ur max life pool for damage)

Dont forget that monsters also do less damage.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
aristolholy wrote:

Dont forget that monsters also do less damage.

true, but u burn 3.6% of ur max life longer
We don´t have numbers on the decreasing of mobs damage.. so why don´t you guys wait and see before you QQ.
After reading the patchnotes, I KNEW opening the "general discussions" forums would be like looking at the Wailing Wall in early morning ^^
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
"
cyranorick wrote:
We don´t have numbers on the decreasing of mobs damage.. so why don´t you guys wait and see before you QQ.
After reading the patchnotes, I KNEW opening the "general discussions" forums would be like looking at the Wailing Wall in early morning ^^

even with high decrease of mob damage, pure life RF build is still NERFED HARD (and can make it useless, but i cant confirm it before the new patch is out) compared to other build, since decrease of mob damage is benefit for all build, not just for RF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info