0.11.0 Patch Notes

"
Kthx wrote:
"
cloud9xx wrote:
Hi Chris,

What does this exactly mean?

"Fixed bugs related to projectiles that chained or forked tracking their distance travelled incorrectly."

Devs mentioned this before. It pretty much comes down to this

Say Lightning Arrow projectile has a set distance of 20 yards. Currently, with chain, if the projectile traveled 10 yards and hit an enemey, the chained projectile would then travel up to 20 yards. It was basically resetting the projectile distance.

How it was supposed to work, and will now, is if the projectile travels 10 yards and hits an enemy, the chained projectile will then travel up to 10 yards. The projectile has a max of 20 yard travel distance, and chain was supposed to keep track of that and continue until that max, but it currently resets.

how will it affect Spark? cuz spark is according to Duration
Can we get some more info on the EK nerf, using damage progression confuses me a little. Are we looking at level 20 damage being substantially lower?
IGN Metroda
"
Metroda wrote:
Can we get some more info on the EK nerf, using damage progression confuses me a little. Are we looking at level 20 damage being substantially lower?

after 93 pages of asking, do you honestly think you'll be the lucky one?
"
Rusery wrote:
"
aristolholy wrote:
"
bredin wrote:
I wonder if its occurred to any of the RF guys that RF was never intended to be an always-on skill?

B.

i think high life RF build need a buff, not a big nerf that can make it useless, why?
because this build was already unpopular build compared to LA ranger, FP, low life RF, ROA, ground slam marauder, dual totem spark, dual totem ice spear, ele cleave, EB templar, LS CI/templar, and other build that we know are very popluar, and why is high life RF unpopular?

1.u need rise of the phoenix shield, all regen node + elemntal adaptation, and lv 20 purity + vitality to sustain RF without losing life, and achieving lv 20 purity is not easy, u must be lv 80+ to make it lv 20

2.high life RF build have a high risk like all other melee build, because RF ring of fire without inc.aoe support gem is really tiny, so u must always face to face with monster in order to kill them

3.high life RF user can killed instantly when enemy cast curse like flammibility or elemntal weakness

4.RF gem cant be linked with other support gem EXCEPT inc. area of effect, just that one support gem only, this make it less powerfull compared to other skill gem, especially when u want to farm rarity, because IIR and IIQ gem also not work with RF

5.inc burning damage from gem or passive node do increase ur RF damage, but it will also increase the damage U TAKE per second

6.early game before u can maintain RF, u must popping ruby flask all the time in order to survive

7.late game when u have rise of the phoenix, all regen node and EA, and lv20 purity+vitality, finally u can sustain RF, even when all of that is done, high life RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, because its do damage based on 50% of ur max LIFE, so example u have 5k life at lv 80, so u just do 2.5k damage MAX, because u must also calculate enemy fire resist, so if enemy have 50% fire resist, u just do 1.25k DPS, that is REALLY LOW compared to other build at that level

8.thats why its really needed RF to be always-on skill, because if its not (like before rise of phoenix is introduced), high life RF build must struggle when PARTY because they NEED to kill in order to sustain the "popping ruby flask ritual", but that was not an easy task because RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, its become worsen with upcoming new patch that nerfing life node and EA, if that nerf was really happen, high life RF build is officially dead because they must do that popping ruby flask ritual again, this time its harder because lower life mean lower survivability and lower damage

"
Laramousse wrote:

Just saying that with the proper gear and node we were able to get 101%fire res so yeah it's rly easy to sustain even with 5000Hp(withtout Kaom's hearth)

101% fire resist? wheres that come from?

No one cares that your build needs a buff. RF is a situational spell. You use it in situations where youre going to get mobbed. Its not supposed to be abused like it has been. A build that has you running around and proximity killing isn't what it was intended for.

so RF is not intended to melee use? just for spell? are u sure? u never see poe build of the week 11?
"
after 93 pages of asking, do you honestly think you'll be the lucky one?

Not sure, I didn't go through all 93 pages so I have no idea how good my odds are, but I suppose if you did and the question was answered you would have been nice enough to pass it along. Damage progression is poor wording though so elaborating a little doesn't really seem like an invalid request.
IGN Metroda
"
aristolholy wrote:
"
Rusery wrote:

No one cares that your build needs a buff. RF is a situational spell. You use it in situations where youre going to get mobbed. Its not supposed to be abused like it has been. A build that has you running around and proximity killing isn't what it was intended for.

so RF is not intended to melee use? just for spell? are u sure? u never see poe build of the week 11?

Think you completely missed their point, If I understand correctly the person was trying to say that RF was never intended to be active permanently, it may have been thought of as a temporary buff in a situation where you needed the extra spell dmg and close combat dmg, not a 24/7 active "aura" so to speak.

I tend to agree with him that RF and Arctic Armor are similar type spell that are meant to be used as a buff, but ppl found away to use RF as a permanent buff, and it made some builds OP so the indirect nerf has now made it possibly as it was intended by GGG, and now it is a temporary buff and not a permanent "aura" type ability.

"
Karlash wrote:
"
aristolholy wrote:
"
Rusery wrote:

Think you completely missed their point, If I understand correctly the person was trying to say that RF was never intended to be active permanently, it may have been thought of as a temporary buff in a situation where you needed the extra spell dmg and close combat dmg, not a 24/7 active "aura" so to speak.

I tend to agree with him that RF and Arctic Armor are similar type spell that are meant to be used as a buff, but ppl found away to use RF as a permanent buff, and it made some builds OP so the indirect nerf has now made it possibly as it was intended by GGG, and now it is a temporary buff and not a permanent "aura" type ability.

yeah its OP for low life RF build, but what about high life RF that depend on RF to do damage?
I'm kind of surprised GGG did not nerf Static Blow's "Chance to Shock".
My opinion is it'll probably still be "TOO GOOD".

BTW, how many aprox. hours until 0.11? :- D
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
markus7 wrote:
I'm kind of surprised GGG did not nerf Static Blow's "Chance to Shock".
My opinion is it'll probably still be "TOO GOOD".

BTW, how many aprox. hours until 0.11? :- D

It's 7:50 am Pacific Time now. Patch is live "in the afternoon" Pacific Time.
Last edited by Endrju82 on Jun 5, 2013, 10:53:10 AM
"
aristolholy wrote:

That build existed before the specialized shield that now makes it "work". I'm 100% certain it will STILL work now, because the stats that were used at the time the BoTW was shown off are still attainable with rise of the pheonix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info