0.11.0 Patch Notes

nice
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
People really need to stop crying. They want you to respec, to try something new. To get those Sporkers to have to think and to see more people in Hardcore scared.
Just play the game! It's free! Nothing to complain about.

Your super OP build gone; then don't play what 90% of people are playing and it won't.

Be original and none this will ever happen.
IGN: Meowauder
IGN: ThatOneGuyThatllDie
what time will the patch go live? new zealand time?
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
"
aristolholy wrote:
"
bredin wrote:
I wonder if its occurred to any of the RF guys that RF was never intended to be an always-on skill?

B.

i think high life RF build need a buff, not a big nerf that can make it useless, why?
because this build was already unpopular build compared to LA ranger, FP, low life RF, ROA, ground slam marauder, dual totem spark, dual totem ice spear, ele cleave, EB templar, LS CI/templar, and other build that we know are very popluar, and why is high life RF unpopular?

1.u need rise of the phoenix shield, all regen node + elemntal adaptation, and lv 20 purity + vitality to sustain RF without losing life, and achieving lv 20 purity is not easy, u must be lv 80+ to make it lv 20

2.high life RF build have a high risk like all other melee build, because RF ring of fire without inc.aoe support gem is really tiny, so u must always face to face with monster in order to kill them

3.high life RF user can killed instantly when enemy cast curse like flammibility or elemntal weakness

4.RF gem cant be linked with other support gem EXCEPT inc. area of effect, just that one support gem only, this make it less powerfull compared to other skill gem, especially when u want to farm rarity, because IIR and IIQ gem also not work with RF

5.inc burning damage from gem or passive node do increase ur RF damage, but it will also increase the damage U TAKE per second

6.early game before u can maintain RF, u must popping ruby flask all the time in order to survive

7.late game when u have rise of the phoenix, all regen node and EA, and lv20 purity+vitality, finally u can sustain RF, even when all of that is done, high life RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, because its do damage based on 50% of ur max LIFE, so example u have 5k life at lv 80, so u just do 2.5k damage MAX, because u must also calculate enemy fire resist, so if enemy have 50% fire resist, u just do 1.25k DPS, that is REALLY LOW compared to other build at that level

8.thats why its really needed RF to be always-on skill, because if its not (like before rise of phoenix is introduced), high life RF build must struggle when PARTY because they NEED to kill in order to sustain the "popping ruby flask ritual", but that was not an easy task because RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, its become worsen with upcoming new patch that nerfing life node and EA, if that nerf was really happen, high life RF build is officially dead because they must do that popping ruby flask ritual again, this time its harder because lower life mean lower survivability and lower damage

"
Laramousse wrote:

Just saying that with the proper gear and node we were able to get 101%fire res so yeah it's rly easy to sustain even with 5000Hp(withtout Kaom's hearth)

101% fire resist? wheres that come from?

No one cares that your build needs a buff. RF is a situational spell. You use it in situations where youre going to get mobbed. Its not supposed to be abused like it has been. A build that has you running around and proximity killing isn't what it was intended for.
"
talic182 wrote:
what time will the patch go live? new zealand time?

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
I hope the player NPCs in anarachy have a chance of appearing in maps sounds pretty awesome if one showed up in a 77map and just started taking players out
Abyssus Crit Cleave - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/381106
Does anyone know what is the range of a chained projectile? I would like to determine the practical effect of LA+chain bug correction that will be introduced in the new patch.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I have only one question WHEN?
https://www.twitch.tv/sober667
how many hours from this post?
"
Freemasonary wrote:
After reading the patch notes I've lost all my motivation to play the game.

Things GGG doesn't understand:

1) The reasons why melee is so unpopular are as follows:

i) Active melee skills suck even without comparing them to range or spell skills. They suck not because, although in most cases this is also the case, the damage is too low. Can the melee skill do what its counterpart has to offer? Like Heavy strike with knockback, surely it's so damn useful because the mobs have just been knocked back into the wall and bugged. The ones that 'shine' amongst the lot but still a very bad skill is lightning strike. Cleave is probably the only viable one at the moment. So are we gonna have melee characters who are all cleavers now?

ii) Active melee skills are not fun. Most of them are not fun to use at all. There is no fun factor in using it. Lightning strike again is probably one of the very few skills that can potentially be fun but is not good in practice.

iii) Melee support gems suck. Whenever GGG invents a new gem for melee their fear of it becoming overpowered makes the applicable penalty too large to swallow. Look at multistrike, for example. Tweaking numbers don't necessarily help. What we need is new ideas.

iv) Gear requirements are too high for melee. Having a good weapon is extremely important if you play a melee. If you're a casual fucker like I am you'll never be able to build a melee character properly without playing 24/7. Physical damage and armour are buffed? Do you have the exalts to buy/craft those gears? If not then you'd probably better off playing a range or caster.

v) Low survivability. Melee characters have low survivability. To compensate it instead of boosting their survivability significantly GGG opted to increase their physical damage. But how you can deal sustained damage when you're dead already? Ranges can be just as tanky if not tankier than melee and they always have the advantage of being out of range.

vi) Desync. Not sure if you've ever experienced the moment when you try to hit a mob in front of you on your screen but nothing happens? It's not even funny at all when that hit means life or death. Pointing out the fact that the desync code and servers are not perfect wouldn't make players go melee because they somehow sympathise with you.

vii) Physical damage too scarce on all kinds of items. Compared to elemental damage physical damage mod is pretty much non-existent for all practical purposes on gears. Those that do have it have a huge penalty which doesn't apply in the case of elemental damage - bias?

viii) [Insert whatever you want]

No matter how much effort you guys in GGG have put into nerfing range and caster skills, it wouldn't stop people using them because there's no real alternative! You're not solving the problems. The problems are still there. It's an error of judgement in my opinion to nerf range and caster skills in an attempt to make melee more popular. What we've got left here now is that all the skills are just as shitty as each other.

Instead of nerfing the damage of some skill gems, how about nerfing the items that directly give them their overpoweredness? Don't know which version of the game you guys are playing in but in my version FP, EK, etc are so shit without all the proper gears, gems and links. The ones who will be disadvantaged are those new players who don't have all of those.

Bear in mind also that not everyone who plays PoE has godly gears like Kripp and other streamers. You can't base your 'balancing' act on those guys. We, the ordinary gamers, are the ones who ultimately suffer.

There're still a lot of things that I wanna address, but I think I should leave it to a different post.

Melee skills are really fun to use, more then any spell or ranged attack. Desync is a problem.
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info