maps drop rate

"
allbusiness wrote:
"
markshiu wrote:
I haven't reached 60 nor got a map.

As for the map drop rate, shouldn't it depends on the player level? Level 60 has a 50% chance of first level maps? 100% for level 65? Then level 60 with 10% chance of second level of maps?

People might hate this, but is it too easy to level at the moment for post 60 with maps? I think the exp for leveling could be 10 times? So people can continue to find more maps, and look for upgrade every 10 levels?

I still think PvP with Guide vs Guide is the way to go for end game. PvM will have limited challenge once gears and skills are upgraded. And keeping the majority of players at 70-80 for a year would be ideal, I guess.

You leveled way faster in MoC than you do in maps, mainly because it's very difficult to get high level map drops that you want (64+)

Sounds like that is a problem. I think people will be level 100 within 6 months, or people will feel bored with the same contents and not getting maps (just like D3 not getting items to progress, or some people get to end-game in few weeks).

I think they need to scale the level much more, and allow them to slowly grind the map. Also, PvP or Guide vs Guide is the way to motivate players when they are not progressing.

PvPvM in post 60 on maps would be an option. No deduction on exp, and cap exp on killing players, also a time limit on the map, and allow players to get maps easily (through vendor or trade).

Edit:
Not cut-throat, but PvPvM. Fight to get to kill the boss. And 2 options, 1) you lose and get a "start-first" map. 2) you win and get a "join-later" (+1 level) map. Start-first map allows you to create instance, while "join-later" (+1 level) map allows you to join an instance after it started for 3-5 minutes.
Last edited by markshiu on Aug 6, 2012, 5:38:57 AM
i have gotten 11 maps while leveling 52-53 , i dont know what is your problem, i got them droping a lot.
I sell them, since i am not even 60 yet to use any .....
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
KopaKabana wrote:
i have gotten 11 maps while leveling 52-53 , i dont know what is your problem, i got them droping a lot.

i hope karma gives you a huge hug when you actually need maps 8(
@osyrhc
"
KopaKabana wrote:

Post your IIQ/IIR rates. I guarantee it's above what the majority of players have.
_______

If this is supposed to be the endgame, it's terribly weak for the following reasons:

1. Terribly low map drop rate exacerbated by the fact that it requires hours of grinding in the same area to potentially come up with a single map drop or none.

2. It forces players to sacrifice mods on their items for Increased Item Quantity mod (IIQ) instead of more beneficial mods like resistances or IAS or +phys/elem damage etc.

3. Maelstrom of Chaos was CONSTANTLY there. You didn't have to grind or trade for it. And players have leveled up faster through MoC than maps. When comparing the two endgame systems, it's quite clear that MoC has a clear advantage and provides better replay value than maps.

4. Players aren't willing to sell maps. Those that do are swimming in maps. Most players aren't. Most players may have 1-4 maps at most and they hoard them to spawn more maps. This further drives the demand for maps up.

In short, this map system is barely sustainable and is leaving most players frustrated.
______

On another tack, I like where Ferumbas is going with his ideas because it increases the supply of maps without going too crazy.

Also suggest that the Vaal Overlord have a 50% chance of dropping maps. Then at least your efforts aren't wasted as much when fighting through the pyramids and finishing the boss.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Aug 6, 2012, 1:50:09 PM
"
Islidox wrote:

On another tack, I like where Ferumbas is going with his ideas because it increases the supply of maps without going too crazy.

That is the whole idea. Give people access to the endgame content without overdoing it. Rare mods on maps should be what people want to trade for, not actual low level 60 white maps.

I believe that with the current system we will end up in a situation where the market will be flooded with lvl 60 maps in a couple weeks/months by those doing high level maps. new players will feel the need to buy their way into endgame, in stead of earning it themselves.

And KopaKabana, I don't know how you got 11 maps. I played my ranger through Merciless after the patch from level 50 to 59 and received 1 map. A story heard very often on trade as well. Not to mention those already doing maps for a couple days, only to run out of maps and be forced to grind pyramid for a couple days... It just feels week and unbalanced.

"
Also suggest that the Vaal Overlord have a 50& chance of dropping maps. Then at least your efforts aren't wasted as much when fighting through the pyramids and finishing the boss.

Good idea.
At first I thought map drop was too low, but then I had a few moments of good luck and got 3 during a single map run.

Random works both ways.

And I am running a small amount of item quantity mods.

Anyway, the maps are good fun, and the drop rate should be low to make them fresh and exciting.
After playing quite a bit more so my luck evened out (and getting up to 63% quantity), maps aren't as absurdly rare as before. I can spend maybe 50% of my time in maps now.

However I still think they are a bit too rare. Right now chaining all the way up to lvl 65+ maps takes a crazy amount of luck. Almost nobody has done a 68+ map. I think things should be shifted a little bit so that the high level maps are the exciting and rare things, while plain old lvl 60 maps are more common.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Aug 6, 2012, 1:57:49 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
After playing quite a bit more so my luck evened out (and getting up to 63% quantity), maps aren't as absurdly rare as before. I can spend maybe 50% of my time in maps now.

Which is precisely why people should stop having these knee jerk reactions about their "bad luck" and claiming (like you did) that everyone who gets maps is just insanely lucky and IIQ doesn't do anything.

These were quotes from you just a week ago when you were futily trying to tell me otherwise:

"
jackals1234 wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
jackals1234 wrote:

This is not some sort of short term luck either

No, it's long term luck.

Grats to you, but don't try to say your experience is normal.

That IS normal if you stack item quantity. If you don't, you don't get as many maps. Nor should you.

And if you think that is long term luck i suggest you take a statistics class.

"
jackals1234 wrote:
"
I've gotten 1 map, lvl 68 currently, 30% IIQ.

Clearly having more IIQ would have me rolling in maps like you, right?

So 70% more maps, lets say I would have gotten a whole 2 maps on the way to level 68.

So yeah, IIQ isn't the answer here bud. You've been lucky.

Get to 100% IIQ and then tell me you don't get maps. It's not linear like you think it is - 30% to 100% is a massive difference. In any case, dozens of people post in these kind of threads saying what a huge difference IIQ makes in getting maps. If you want to believe that all of them are just the luckiest people in the world, that's your prerogative.
seems fine to me. i got 2 map drops in fellshrine in a couple of clears and now i have 5 or so after clearing those maps.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by hurja on Aug 6, 2012, 3:57:21 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
jackals1234 wrote:

Which is precisely why people should stop having these knee jerk reactions about their "bad luck" and claiming (like you did) that everyone who gets maps is just insanely lucky and IIQ doesn't do anything.

QFT. I went through my phase where I didn't find any maps, and instead of going to the forums whining about the drop rate, I fixed it, by getting MORE IQ, and rolling harder maps with MORE IQ inherent on them. After doing that, I never ran out, and have been spewing maps to other people crazy enough to try for lvl 80.

About the only change I would support right now would be to get 1 map as a quest reward for killing merci Oversoul the first time. All these suggestions to make him always drop maps are asinine, and will shortly be followed by whining about going back to farm lvl 60 maps.

In short, figure out how to farm maps, STOP ZERGING THROUGH THEM expecting them to get handed to you, or deal with farming or trading for them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info