maps drop rate

Seriously, im roflstomping the pyramid for 6 hours+ and i have got 2 maps so far. Please increase maps drop rate or put other high lvl content coz this is boring as hell k? Thnx.
Last edited by Melmak on Jul 23, 2012, 6:28:12 PM
u got 2? fuck ur lucky D:

think ive almost doubled ur hours and gotten one D:
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
i wouldnt be so sure, i stopped counting after 6th lol
Have you considered trading for a map, instead?
here's how you solve your droprate troubles: run maps in a group with people you know. Many times the benefit off one map drop.

Frankly I feel this is part of what GGG is going for here, if maps are scarce you will group them. If you hate grouping that much, you'll solo grind it and spend more time in ruins than mapping.

Just a thought.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
From what I've read/heard, maps are supposed to be hard to come by. Chris has mentioned in videos that you aren't supposed to have a bunch of spare maps lying around.

I do hope there is eventually farmable content over level 60. As it stands now, you have to farm a single level 60 maps with 61/62 blue/rare mobs to get 60-62 maps, then within those maps farm 60-69 maps, with 69 maps only dropping from rare monsters inside 67 maps, and blues inside 68 maps. And these maps are not guaranteed to have another map inside of them.

So theoretically, it could take something like 50+ maps to get one level 69 map.

I imagine from now to OB, maps will be more common or other interesting ways to obtain them will appear.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Jul 23, 2012, 8:54:23 PM
I tried both solo and partying and got no maps in pyramid. Only map I got was from doing one map-instance a friend dropped.
I personally though it was going to be sold in npc until a3. ATM this system is screaming for a3.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
I do think one thing GGG can do to help the process is to give away some maps through quest rewards when you finish A2M. After all, it doesn't really make sense to be sent to an ancient map teleporting device, without any maps. New players wouldn't even have a clue what to do there.
It's likely we'll be allowing them to drop in other areas of merciless act 2 also.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I found the most maps of any Alpha member, 56, including 13 in one day and 5 in a single map...

The thing that is important in map hunting within maps is the mods of the maps themselves, not necessarily the quality on your equipment. If you play enough maps with enough mods you will begin to see patterns in which mods are more likely drop maps and which are not, and the thing is, the mods that do, are the most logical in doing so.

The mods that are best for finding rare equipment are rather obvious as well and are best coupled with the mods that are best for finding maps. (The Alpha members I have told the best mods to all agreed that they made the most sense.) All the other mods, as far as I can tell, do not do anything but increase the difficulty of the maps themselves and get in the way of your getting the items you most desire.

When map hunting, it is best to build a character that can survive in the most types of maps. Otherwise, you will be pigeonholed into just a few types and will spend most of your time and resources either looking for people to trade away the maps you cannot play or using up your orbs to reroll the mods on others. You may end up selling your poorly rolled maps to the unsuspecting anyway, when you figure out the mapping mod secrets.

When first starting out, I would suggest either using a plain white map (same as a normal merciless level) or a blue map; that is, unless you are confident in the power of your character.
Last edited by Tertium_Quid on Jul 24, 2012, 12:11:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info